[Discussion]HTC One S [S-OFF]

Search This thread

raikesy

Mar 26, 2009
Explain why?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

I also follow the One X S-OFF thread, they started a bounty and then not long after regretted it. It goes against the ethos of XDA, doesn't encourage sharing, promotes secrecy and is generally not conducive to open development.

Totòòò

Oct 29, 2011
Palermo
I also follow the One X S-OFF thread, they started a bounty and then not long after regretted it. It goes against the ethos of XDA, doesn't encourage sharing, promotes secrecy and is generally not conducive to open development.

Idnt follow one x forum anymore since i got tired of returning faulty devices they kept sending me, but bounty will serve as a good incentive. The ethos of XDA is gone since long time. If you want soff some time soon bounty thread will do it.

raikesy

Mar 26, 2009
Idnt follow one x forum anymore since i got tired of returning faulty devices they kept sending me, but bounty will serve as a good incentive. The ethos of XDA is gone since long time. If you want soff some time soon bounty thread will do it.

Don't agree. With a bounty information will simply not be shared, and it has been proven over on the One X thread that it does not work, they still are chasing S-OFF and have actually lost some good developers specifically because of the bounty..

Reevine

May 8, 2012
Uji-shi, Kyoto
Don't agree. With a bounty information will simply not be shared, and it has been proven over on the One X thread that it does not work, they still are chasing S-OFF and have actually lost some good developers specifically because of the bounty..

I'd rather hear about S-OFF progress than opinions about bounty threads. Perhaps this debate could be continued via PM? Thanks :D

There are a few developers working on this now so any updates on progress would be greatly appreciated. Are there still issues with bricking the device with making just simple changes to the HBoot?

Totòòò

Oct 29, 2011
Palermo
I think that u take for granted that devs will work separately but that is not true. Soff is a big project takes long time and many devs have their teams and friends they can decide to work together so thats not a problem. Anyways usually devs hate getting soff for a device whose kernel source hasnt been released yet(as far as iknow)

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Me too, Id chip in also, But, The whole site is in chinese, I will assume the instructions are too !!

I wouldnt trust my inner chinese side to get me through the process. However, I could go to the local takeaway and get them to do it :p

Im happy to contribute towards the payment, But not to take part in the flashing, Until we know its 100% safe

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'll do it. Unless I'm an idiot and don't understand sarcasm. If it's some Chinese software. Bargin with the person. Cut the price down to 100 yuan lol. 200 is only around 30 bucks. Everyone chip in a few and we're good to go.
Ah. Who wants to pay the $30?
I'll translate the site and buy it and see if it's S-OFF for me/everybody..

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Me too, Id chip in also, But, The whole site is in chinese, I will assume the instructions are too !!

I wouldnt trust my inner chinese side to get me through the process. However, I could go to the local takeaway and get them to do it :p

Im happy to contribute towards the payment, But not to take part in the flashing, Until we know its 100% safe
Call me the brickah cause you know I bricked devices already got dat warrenty on deck.
I'll try it ;-)
Haha.

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't have money but.
Who would want to add $10 $10 $10 to get this S-OFF and I'll test it?
If it's software we can all use it..

eminembdg

Jan 10, 2008
Philly
This super secret link that reviewers likes to make you think is some kind of cool thing he found is right in the soff OP thread in the one x forums.

They have a lot of good stuff going on over there. Keep an eye on that thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24963596
Sent from my HTC One S

raikesy

Mar 26, 2009
This super secret link that reviewers likes to make you think is some kind of cool thing he found is right in the soff OP thread in the one x forums.

Sent from my HTC One S

Yup, I keep an eye on the One X and One XL S-OFF threads, which is why I had doubts on reviewers claims.

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Sent from my HTC One S

I wasent talking about that...
I was talking about something else S-OFF related dude .
Don't post without knowing.
Plus I wanted to keep it via PM to test it out first .

Sent from my Ville using XDA

eminembdg

Jan 10, 2008
Philly
I wasent talking about that...
I was talking about something else S-OFF related dude .
Don't post without knowing.
Plus I wanted to keep it via PM to test it out first .

Sent from my Ville using XDA

Whatever man. It's right in another thread. After just week on these one S boards I don't have confidence in your many claims of what "you" find and do.

But I'll also be first to apologize if this other mysterious secret you have is real... Guess we'll see since you're holding from the community...that is if you're holding anything

Sent from my HTC One S

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S-off is nearly release ready.

I need /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 from a qualcomm s3 variant, and a matching update.zip for each model that support is wanted for.
    Some of you guys are PM'ing me to help with S-OFF for the One S.

Will try to, when I get the One X done.
    Today we had a huge update.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604300

Some of you with a USB Y-Cable should try to flash a .zip through sd-card.
    If that works, and I can modify a DIAG file, also for you S-OFF will come very fast.
    so now we know that s-off is not hardware related. a software is nedded to s-off , att HTC One XL confirmed that it can be s-off with that software, and since the att HTC One XL is almost the same phone as the HTC One S s4, S-off can be achived too.

i hope we get s-off soon but with patience :)
    Well, it's actually been confirmed that all modern HTC devices can use this exploit as long as they are running the S4, S3 or S4 pro processors. This even includes the dna and butterfly and likely the upcoming HTC One a.k.a. the M7. The exploit has not been released yet but has been shown to work, so sit tight and relax. If these devs are smart, and I know they are, they will not release the exploit until the One has been released so HTC cannot patch it.
    I have Riffbox now at home. Will make JIG for it, so until end of next week i could be ready.
    PS: I had S-OFF and tryed to get to S-Diag mode: But phone freezes and reboots into s-off.
    mmcblk0p23: "misc"
    mmcblk0p22: "recovery"
    mmcblk0p21: "boot"
    mmcblk0p33: "system"
    mmcblk0p30: "local"
    mmcblk0p34: "cache"
    mmcblk0p35: "userdata"
    mmcblk0p26: "devlog"
    mmcblk0p28: "pdata"
    mmcblk0p36: "fat"
    mmcblk0p31: "extra"
    mmcblk0p17: "radio"