Next Transformer - it has the RAM we needed!

Search This thread

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me
http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/3/43...-infinity-with-2560-x-1600-display/in/4154433

I've always blamed the TF700's lag on too little RAM. Glad to see the next version has double the memory.

I'll wish I had it, but fortunately there's CleanROM for mine. :)

I dont think RAM was really a big issue for the Infinity. What really needs fixed is the i/o. When folks start purchasing the new Transformer, and if it dont have better i/o, I will definitely probably go with a different tablet.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: fireknuckles

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
I think I'll get one. CleanRom Inheritance Xenogenesis Infinity Renewal here we come! :D When is it supposed to come out?
With that nickname you're going to need a new abbreviation for the abbreviation. (This makes me have flashbacks to my time in the military, LOL!.) And you're well on your way to get at least an honourable mention for the longest ROM name in human history.

Also, I won't be able to download your ROM anymore because of the maximum path length under Windows. ;)

Green_Laser

May 7, 2013
Double RAM isn't going to do a bloody thing if they keep using the crap ones..

I still have 460MB RAM free right now, so why would more RAM make a difference if it lags even with free RAM?

+1, exactly
More ram would be nice, though our tf700 did not necessarily need it

Some of us have less ram on our phones and they handle apps updating just fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda app-developers app

Deathman20

Sep 10, 2010
Wisconsin
More ram would be nice for multi-tasking applications. My phone is crap for having free ram, but my tablet I have plenty, and it has the same amount of ram.

Really thinking about getting this tablet, can't hurt to have USB3.0, larger battery, higher res screen, and well new CPU/GPU at least. Though the I/O issue has to be fixed.

legendary1022

Jan 6, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Quite a few reports about the extreme power drain from Teg4. Apparently not yet harnessed at all

Have a link? I'll wait till the guys over at Ars give us a breakdown of the chip before getting too worried. I'm just worried about the I/O of the device. We've seen the benchmarks of Tegra 4 paired with a fast SSD in the reference tablet, so hopefully we see something similar.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
Double the ram means nothing. As others above stated, i/o is the real issue. Faster memory and a better bus are what Asus really needs.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

fsured

Jul 25, 2011
More ram would be nice for multi-tasking applications. My phone is crap for having free ram, but my tablet I have plenty, and it has the same amount of ram.

Really thinking about getting this tablet, can't hurt to have USB3.0, larger battery, higher res screen, and well new CPU/GPU at least. Though the I/O issue has to be fixed.

Naturally they should update the dock over time but I thought they were moving toward a universal dock for their products? I'd hate to buy a new tablet and then have to buy a new keyboard dock.

KellyC

Jun 4, 2013
Seattle
I wonder if there will be a version with the Tegra4's optional LTE modem...

And I wonder if the Linux OSS Grate driver will work on Tegra4 as well as 2/3. Hmmm.

ronniereiff

Oct 28, 2012
Pride
If the dock has a usb3.0 usb port and the bad I/O of the tf700 effects the data transfer speeds between devices via cable. Then wouldn't it make sense for the I/O in the new 2013 transformer to be improved in order to fully utalize the 3.0 speeds :confused:

If the dock has a usb3.0 usb port and the bad I/O of the tf700 effects the data transfer speeds between devices via cable. Then wouldn't it make sense for the I/O in the new 2013 transformer to be improved in order to fully utalize the 3.0 speeds :confused:

Hmmm..

MTP is slow to begin with, so it will make little difference there (my sgs3 takes just as long to copy a file).

And don't forget, ASUS is not officially acknowledging the I/O issue. I wonder if the R&D team even knows about it.

Send From My Samsung Galaxy S3 Using Tapatalk 2

ronniereiff

Oct 28, 2012
Pride
A lot of people are complaining that the new transformer pad is slacking (usb 3.0, 5mp back cam,ect..) but i think they are working to a sell resnably priced tablet rather then all the top tech and gizmos. If the rumor that it will sell roughly around 399$ for the tablet and 499$ for the full kitten kaboodle ASUS will earn some respect from me.

KinetiClutch

Apr 9, 2013
Just hope the dock for that I'd interchangeable with the current tf dock! So I could just buy the tablet itself

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700T via XDA Premium HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think I'll get one. CleanRom Inheritance Xenogenesis Infinity Renewal here we come! :D When is it supposed to come out?
    With that nickname you're going to need a new abbreviation for the abbreviation. (This makes me have flashbacks to my time in the military, LOL!.) And you're well on your way to get at least an honourable mention for the longest ROM name in human history.

Also, I won't be able to download your ROM anymore because of the maximum path length under Windows. ;)
    Double RAM isn't going to do a bloody thing if they keep using the crap ones..

I still have 460MB RAM free right now, so why would more RAM make a difference if it lags even with free RAM?
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/3/43...-infinity-with-2560-x-1600-display/in/4154433

I've always blamed the TF700's lag on too little RAM. Glad to see the next version has double the memory.

I'll wish I had it, but fortunately there's CleanROM for mine. :)

I dont think RAM was really a big issue for the Infinity. What really needs fixed is the i/o. When folks start purchasing the new Transformer, and if it dont have better i/o, I will definitely probably go with a different tablet.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Quite a few reports about the extreme power drain from Teg4. Apparently not yet harnessed at all