[MOD] Uncapped Data Mod for CyanogenMod 6.1.0 Stable

Search This thread

JarrettXavier

Oct 24, 2010
noVA
Hey all,

Here is the Data Service Governer Killer mod that the forums have been buzzing about for CM6.1.0 stable release. Credit goes to BThomas22x from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10100043&postcount=1 All I did was package it up nicely for CM 6 users. Make sure you do a backup first and then flash the attached file from recovery just like you would a ROM.

Less than Scientific Data Speed Comparison (Speedtest.net app):
Before: 829kbps/479kbps || 891kbps/607kbps || 1019kbps/554kbps
After: 1691kbps/650kbps || 1239kbps/575kbps || 1148kbps/688kbps

If it matters to anyone, I'm running the 7.28 radio.

Edit: If you're cutting edge and need a services.jar that will work with CM nightly #184, scroll down to invisiblek's post.

Attachments

• CM6_Uncapped_Data_Mod-signed.zip
    643.9 KB · Views: 859
Last edited:

seanzer

Jun 12, 2010
Columbus
Just a warning.. I'm running #184 nightly and this caused a bootloop for me.. not too sure why.

I'm sure there's just some differences in the services.jar from 6.1 stable to the nightlies.

:/

If no one beats me to it.. I'll make one after some mahjong :)

Andrewb19

Jun 14, 2010
Savannah
I do appreciate it, I've noticed my speeds dropping since i busted through 7gigs last month... Too bad we have to have a work-around

mmtoman

Oct 5, 2010
Indianapolis
Holy cow am I impressed. I was beyond skeptical at first becuase I thought 3G was 3G and the speed just depended on signal. I guess this is not the case!!!! Incredible (sorry pun) improvements after flashing this> I ran eight speedtest.net tests using the app, four before flash and four after flash and the results are:

Before flash:
873 down /// 1025 up
666 down /// 962 up
783 down /// 1029 up
1266 down /// 931 up
don't know why up speeds were faster than down on some, can someone tell me why that is?

After flash:
2031 down /// 934 up
2220 down /// 856 up
1904 down /// 897 up
2201 down /// 938 up

Thank you sooooo much best mod ever

Last edited:

tturner

Aug 2, 2010
For those of you seeing the speed bumps once applying this, were you all over 5Gigs? If I average around 3 Gigs a month, chances are I'm not throttled and probably won't see any speed charges, right?

larsrya8

Mar 14, 2010
Does this modification cause FCs in Mobile networks settings, or was that just a Sense issue? If it does cause FCs, shouldn't we edit the throttle files to remove the actual throttling code, instead of deleting the files themselves?

Side note: This is probably a great way to get Verizon to crack down on rooting... :p

Edit: Is this the source for these files in CM? If so, it looks easy enough to neuter it to not actually throttle.

Last edited:

mp3sum

Dec 14, 2008
Does this modification cause FCs in Mobile networks settings, or was that just a Sense issue? If it does cause FCs, shouldn't we edit the throttle files to remove the actual throttling code, instead of deleting the files themselves?

Side note: This is probably a great way to get Verizon to crack down on rooting... :p

Edit: Is this the source for these files in CM?

S-Off, f'em.

Reactions: Hypcrsy

larsrya8

Mar 14, 2010
Well... S-OFF and rooting didn't really have consequences for Verizon's infrastructure until now. If we're able to overload their towers because the tower can't ask phones to slow down, Verizon is definitely going to take notice. And be pissed. And they'll have a good reason.

I wonder how hard it would be to determine if a phone is ignoring the throttle request.

Last edited:

tdavis42

Jul 29, 2009
Orange County, CA
This hack is one of the best mods I have applied to my phone in a long time! I haven't been excited about something related to software for Android since Donut was released!

thexxoffspring

Jul 6, 2010
will some pretty please (imagine begging) port this to the d1? this is has to be the greatest thing since the creation of bread.

Top Liked Posts