Originally Posted by dalton912
And I'm trying to figure out the steps to rooting and installing a custom recovery so I can flash a custom Rom. Anyone have the tuts on how to do this?
Sent from my HTC One mini using xda app-developers app
This guide by Ecstacy42
1. Unlock your bootloader here. Select "All Other Supported Models" and follow the instructions.
2. Download the Rom, Kernel, and a recovery, verify the MD5 checksums, and then copy the rom and kernel zips to your internal SD card. I'd recommend one of the WWE versions as they don't have a lot of the AT&T bloat.
3. Boot into the bootloader (it says how in the guide showing you how to unlock your bootloader)
4. Select fastboot, plug your phone into your computer.
5. Type "fastboot devices" to make sure it's connected, then type "fastboot flash recovery whateverrecoveryyouused.img".
6. Boot into recovery. Make a backup. Then wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik cache.
7. Reboot into fastboot, then type "fastboot flash boot boot.img" using the boot.img from the Rom you downloaded.
8. Reboot into recovery and install the rom zip using TWRP/ClockworkMod.
9. Reboot into fastboot and type "fastboot flash boot boot.img" using the boot.img from the kernel.
10. Reboot into recovery and flash the kernal zip.
11. Start up your phone, if you flashed a DeOdexed Rom it'll take a little while to boot up.
If you are looking for a feature rich custom rom, try this: