Other Device and/or upgrading discussion here

Search This thread

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Please use this thread to discus both upgrading and/or other devices in this thread, be respectful always. Thanks

Last edited:

ObrienDave

Nov 1, 2011
Broomfield
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Coming from this thread,
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2446195

Just stopped in to sprint store and they said the had no clue what this was and nothing like that would be coming to sprint.sprint always seems to be the last to know anything..plus the last to get anything new in....

In case you didn't know, Sprint store employees are NOT allowed to tell customers about upcoming events or promotions.
Trust me, they do know about such things.
I know this because a sprint store employee told me that they do know about upcoming promotional events.

Last edited:

lmayes69

Aug 30, 2011
Coming from this thread,
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2446195

In case you didn't know, Sprint store employees are NOT allowed to tell customers about upcoming events or promotions.
Trust me, they do know about such things.
I know this because a sprint store employee told me that they do know about upcoming promotional events.

Especially since most times they have to be trained on certain devices and promotions..

P.Mobile

Nov 18, 2011
RhOdE IsLAnD... 401
sure is im getting my nexus 5 in 2-3 day!!! its on its way to my now!! :) ill miss my s4 but hello nexus 5!! soooo much more development.. perfect phone for me seeing im a crack flasher.. there will be so many rims and kernels... heaven!!!

youngpro83

Jun 22, 2009
Where Dem LouIziAniMals Stay
I work at Sprint and I play with all the new devices when they launch. First impression of the Nexus was it felt cheap. And the fact that it's made by LG this time just backs up the why the quality somewhat trash. The obnoxious circle phone speaker in the front was hideous. I thought it was a front facing speaker like HTC's One but it was an in call speaker. It looked like a knock off of all the phones that are out.

I did enjoy playing with the camera. A lot of new stuff that I want sure how to use yet but first impression was that the camera would be 1 of the key selling points for the phone. I had mixed feelings about the gigantic app icons but like I said it was my first impression so they could grow on me.

The feel of the phone in terms of performance wasn't bad. My GS4 is smoother with scrolling but I am stock rooted with stock kernel and debloated so Im pretty sure once this phone is too then it will be smooth as well. I did like how apps would open very quickly. Not much faster than my GS4 but was noticeable.

Honestly the phones performance isn't something to debate about because it is very resposnsive. And the Google Now feature is dope as well, but the feel and look of the phone just felt cheap like it was made from recycled parts or something. Just my 2 cents. The phone is a decent LG quality phone. If you like LG then go for it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I'm not gonna ruin the Nexus 5, by putting it on Sprints network. Hello T-Mobile!

TMobile doesn't have real LTE....

Reactions: meatgel

genaro12543

Dec 2, 2010
TMobile has 3G HSPA + which isn't actually any form of 4G but they advertise it as that. Your LTE capable phone isn't even on a real 4G or 4G LTE network.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383779798985.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383779798985.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 426

testinguser

Jan 21, 2008
So I had been toying with the idea of going from S4 -> N5, and went to the sprint store to play with N5. It does feel snappy. Just like when I install a fresh new rom on S4. Though Google Now fc on me on the N5.

Next I loaded up the same web page on both devices and noted that the page pan was not that significantly different.

Not convinced quite yet, but I may change my mind later. Still waiting for the ipad air to arrive which would keep me entertained for a while.

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
Neither does Sprint. How is something "real" if it doesn't tangibly exist in any measurable form in most places.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Because it is still being launched?
I feel like a lot of Sprint people expect Sprint to have LTE up in their back yard instantly. People always compare their LTE to Sprint. Verizon had a two year start on LTE deployment than Sprint since they chose to go with Wimax.

Reactions: youngpro83

imneveral0ne

T-Mobile absolutely has LTE. And theirs is at least 20 times faster than Sprint's LTE here. I'm on Sprint LTE at home, and I just got 124 kbps down and 300 up. That's actually pretty good for their LTE! And it's been launched here for a few months. I guess that's what you get when you launch LTE handsets before you even have an LTE network to use them on anywhere in the nation. Once it's turned on, there are thousands of handsets sucking down the bandwidth as soon as it's turned on. Would probably help if they weren't running each tower off of one single Comcast cable modem...

Obviously that last part isn't true. but they shouldn't be selling or having LTE service here, if 124 kbps is there idea of LTE.

wotandsdwys

May 9, 2010
T-Mobile absolutely has LTE. And theirs is at least 20 times faster than Sprint's LTE here. I'm on Sprint LTE at home, and I just got 124 kbps down and 300 up. That's actually pretty good for their LTE! And it's been launched here for a few months. I guess that's what you get when you launch LTE handsets before you even have an LTE network to use them on anywhere in the nation. Once it's turned on, there are thousands of handsets sucking down the bandwidth as soon as it's turned on. Would probably help if they weren't running each tower off of one single Comcast cable modem...

Obviously that last part isn't true. but they shouldn't be selling or having LTE service here, if 124 kbps is there idea of LTE.

Just an issue with that area. I consistently get 500kbps at my work, come home and get over 30mbps. The network is building, give it time.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN

Than LTE hasn't been officially riled out yet in your area.it well get better. I typically get between 15-30mbs down and 10-15mbs up on Sprint LTE and my area is only 75 percent rolled out. When I first started getting LTE in my area I would only get 1-2mbs down. Hang in there and it will get better. Also, all carriers sell their LTE phones before the network is built out.

MoHoGalore

May 24, 2012
Farmington
*Useless Complaint to Follow*

Why, oh WHY did Kies pull the mja update! *Sniff* My one play day a week I get and it's not there..

/complaint - Off to dev section I go..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S4 to S5 is not worth the upgrade. Heck I still wish I kept my s3

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Please use this thread to discus both upgrading and/or other devices in this thread, be respectful always. Thanks

But we already have an off topic thread >_>

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2319960&highlight=off+topic :good:
    I work at Sprint and I play with all the new devices when they launch. First impression of the Nexus was it felt cheap. And the fact that it's made by LG this time just backs up the why the quality somewhat trash. The obnoxious circle phone speaker in the front was hideous. I thought it was a front facing speaker like HTC's One but it was an in call speaker. It looked like a knock off of all the phones that are out.

I did enjoy playing with the camera. A lot of new stuff that I want sure how to use yet but first impression was that the camera would be 1 of the key selling points for the phone. I had mixed feelings about the gigantic app icons but like I said it was my first impression so they could grow on me.

The feel of the phone in terms of performance wasn't bad. My GS4 is smoother with scrolling but I am stock rooted with stock kernel and debloated so Im pretty sure once this phone is too then it will be smooth as well. I did like how apps would open very quickly. Not much faster than my GS4 but was noticeable.

Honestly the phones performance isn't something to debate about because it is very resposnsive. And the Google Now feature is dope as well, but the feel and look of the phone just felt cheap like it was made from recycled parts or something. Just my 2 cents. The phone is a decent LG quality phone. If you like LG then go for it.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I'm not gonna ruin the Nexus 5, by putting it on Sprints network. Hello T-Mobile!

Neither does Sprint. How is something "real" if it doesn't tangibly exist in any measurable form in most places.

Because it is still being launched?
    I feel like a lot of Sprint people expect Sprint to have LTE up in their back yard instantly. People always compare their LTE to Sprint. Verizon had a two year start on LTE deployment than Sprint since they chose to go with Wimax.