Flipside (FlipOut) Recovery (CWM based v2.5.1.2)

Search This thread

JBallin4life27

Sep 4, 2010
Just tested out and confirmed that the Motorola FlipOut Recovery also works for the Motorola Flipside. Apparently the flipside/flipout/charm software are all pretty interchangeable. I plan to find more info about the non-blur version of the ROM for the Flipout and see if that also works. Anyways, here is the link for the FlipOut Recovery...just follow the simple instructions and should you have a recovery in a matter of minutes! Hope this hleps!

http://modmymobile.com/forums/624-m...90-flipout-recovery-cwm-based-v2-5-1-2-a.html

JBallin4life27

Sep 4, 2010
will do...do I just put it on the sd and install from sd?

Nevermind....got it installed...whats the difference between bootstrap recovery and reboot recovery?

Last edited:

sharethl

Mar 20, 2010
Just tested out and confirmed that the Motorola FlipOut Recovery also works for the Motorola Flipside. Apparently the flipside/flipout/charm software are all pretty interchangeable. I plan to find more info about the non-blur version of the ROM for the Flipout and see if that also works. Anyways, here is the link for the FlipOut Recovery...just follow the simple instructions and should you have a recovery in a matter of minutes! Hope this hleps!

http://modmymobile.com/forums/624-m...90-flipout-recovery-cwm-based-v2-5-1-2-a.html

Could you give us steps to install custom rom for flipside?

tisk

Jan 22, 2009
How enter the CWM recovery? My phone kept restarting!:confused:

Last edited:

bakageta

Jan 19, 2010
I tried both on Froyo, just to see... polovinamozga's release claimed to install correctly, but when trying to reboot into recovery, it would just boot loop. Pzyduck's release (modmymobile.com) also installed, and actually rebooted into recovery, but the recovery did not work correctly. Trying to make a nandroid backup caused it to spit out an error when it hit the /data partition. Both worked fine for me on Eclair, so I think we're going to need a recovery of our own now.

l2otten

Apr 7, 2006
Boot Loop

when you had it boot looping how did you get it out of the boot loop and restore it

nowseewhatudid

Account currently disabled
Jan 6, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
i tried installing this on froyo and after installing i get this on boot up tried flashing and downloading over again but to no prevail

Bootloader
91.7B
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

NEW_MAP Blank
service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to program
transfer mode:
USB

Last edited:

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
i tried installing this on froyo and after installing i get this on boot up tried flashing and downloading over again but to no prevail

Bootloader
91.7B
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

NEW_MAP Blank
service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to program
transfer mode:
USB

Froyo needs an updated bootloader. Posted somewhere in here, but if you can't get into rsd mode to flash, you may have a problem. Btw, this recovery also does not work with froyo only eclair.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts