Should I buy

Search This thread

tboy2000

Oct 21, 2006
London
Huawei Mate 20
Huawei Mate 20 X
Ok so I have been wanting to buy this phone since launch. My HD2 works fine with WP Rom but USB is faulty so cannot sync or charge. External charger for battery required.

Anyway, the price of sim free titan is now £285. I really want to buy this but worried about these issues:

1. WiFi cellular network allocation
2. Muffled voice during call
3. Antenna issue
4. If new and better phone launched at end of year.

what shall I do? Buy now or wait?

Thank you!

JigsterNL

Jan 12, 2011
Amsterdam
1. I had problems with wifi in the past, but since the last update it improved a lot in my opinion

2. The voice quality is not the best on this phone,but it isn't horrible either.

3. Never had any issues. When Im in college or at the cinema I have some signal loss, but so do m friends

4. There will always be a better phone

Hope you find this useful!

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

Reactions: tboy2000

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Ok so I have been wanting to buy this phone since launch. My HD2 works fine with WP Rom but USB is faulty so cannot sync or charge. External charger for battery required.

Anyway, the price of sim free titan is now £285. I really want to buy this but worried about these issues:

1. WiFi cellular network allocation
2. Muffled voice during call
3. Antenna issue
4. If new and better phone launched at end of year.

what shall I do? Buy now or wait?

Thank you!

I am so jealous that your SIM free is just £285. I got it in November last year and paid £480!

I would say it's a steal at that price. There will be only one top-notch, well two, handsets till Oct this year - Titan 2 and Nokia Lumia 900. They won't be here till May-June.

Titan can be upgraded to Apollo. My plan is sell Titan in Oct and use that money to invest in a native Apollo handset instead of Titan2/Lumia900. I think you've got to get it and enjoy it. Then go for the next phone! There will be a better phone every 3 months. If you wait for it, you will never dive into the enjoyment ;)

Nothing wrong with this handset at least not the UK ones. Get it from Carphone Warehouse if you can. The problems you are reading about are generally in the US handsets especially the AT&T ones.

tboy2000

Oct 21, 2006
London
Huawei Mate 20
Huawei Mate 20 X
Thanks mate for your reply :)

Yes the handset is now 299.99 plus 5% quidco bringing it to 285.00. I posted the deal here http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/htc-titan-windows-phone-sim-free-285-after-quidco-expansys-1186159

Did you buy your handset sim free? I always do and dont do contracts. Am on simplicity deal for years. I bought my hd2 for £500 on launch day. Am tempted to buy Titan now.

Also are you positive Titan 2 will launch in UK? Where did you hear that? I thought it was for AT&T only.

PS ignore the rant i had with one guy in the HUKD thread :)

Last edited:

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Thanks mate for your reply :)

Yes the handset is now 299.99 plus 5% quidco bringing it to 285.00. I posted the deal here http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/htc-titan-windows-phone-sim-free-285-after-quidco-expansys-1186159

Did you buy your handset sim free? I always do and dont do contracts. Am on simplicity deal for years. I bought my hd2 for £500 on launch day. Am tempted to buy Titan now.

Also are you positive Titan 2 will launch in UK? Where did you hear that? I thought it was for AT&T only.

PS ignore the rant i had with one guy in the HUKD thread :)

Haha, I think Titan is good for UK as Titan 2 comes with LTE in the USA. However, the rumour has it that it will follow the Nokia Lumia 900 (which comes here in May). But instead of LTE version UK will get the 3.5G version - which still I don't think any other network but O2 will benefit from here in the UK. So both the new phones are pretty pointless for the UK. Plus Titan 2 comes with a plastic back to make up the heavy weight of the 16 MP camera. I got Titan only because it felt sturdy. I am sure Titan 2 with plastic won't be the same thing to hold! I already have issues with 3G in the UK, I don't think 3.5G (Dont know the technical word they used) will help my battery or usage!

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
Yes always best sim free, The UK handsets seem to be more stable than the AT&T, Bought mine second hand and it had to go for repair at HTC but probably because the previous owner dropped it lol, Not suffered from any Voice problems or any Wi Fi issues and to be honest at that price you can't really go wrong, Antenna is all down to good contacts on the rear casing and never had any problems, As mentioned by Drupad you will have the option of the Apollo Update later in the year which should be interesting.

tboy2000

Oct 21, 2006
London
Huawei Mate 20
Huawei Mate 20 X
Is it written anywhere that the Titan will be upgradeable to Apollo? Any link?

Also if new handsets or native Apollo handsets will be out at the end of the year, would it be worth it to buy Titan now if I am only going to get 6-8 months use out of it before a better phone comes out?

What I DO know is I want a 4.7" screen and i guess there is no promise that the new handsets will be around 4.7" screen wise.

My final question is the HD7's 16gb sd card could be exchanged for a 32gb card with careful surgery :) Can this be done to the Titan too?

Apr 4, 2012
My only problem with Titan is : there is no Custon Rom or Interop-Unlock Yet.
but in the future it will be out.
you wont regret it, jut buy it.

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
Temptation got the better of you then lol, Good choice, Great phone, not had any problems with voice being muffled, Only suggestion is to move the mic nearer to ya mouth, Looks as though we may not be getting the full Apollo going by the latest posts on ere but we should definitely get Tango and hopefully some form of update which maybe a form of Apollo, Its all guessing at the moment, Enjoy your Titan as most of us are doing for now, There will always be a better newer handset on the Horizon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. I had problems with wifi in the past, but since the last update it improved a lot in my opinion

2. The voice quality is not the best on this phone,but it isn't horrible either.

3. Never had any issues. When Im in college or at the cinema I have some signal loss, but so do m friends

4. There will always be a better phone

Hope you find this useful!

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express