The Hidden Note II

Search This thread

TheNeighbor101

Jan 25, 2013
janeilarlegui.deviantart.com
uploadfromtaptalk1359859537221.jpg

Some guide for those who would like to make their own hidding unit. Just be precise in the cutting.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using xda app-developers app

Bradh024

Jul 14, 2010
****holeville, OH
Carry a gun and shoot the thief.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

As much as I agree, different circumstances would dictate whether or not you could do that, such as your kids being with you or your just not the type of person that likes confrontation. I would recommend downloading cerberus or something of that nature to catch and hold the person responsible that's doing this. I couldnt see shooting somebody over a phone, but all in all, you have to be able to protect yourself.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk HD

g2tegg

May 12, 2011
The Hammer
Allan, what does VNC stand for? I was thinking about doing some remote interface contro

VNC stands for Virtual Network Computing. What Allen was saying was to leave his expensive phone in his backpack, and use a cheaper phone remotely connected to his Note 2. He would be using his cheaper phone as a viewer only. In sense giving the thief the idea that he doesn't have anything worth stealing. Smart!!
One flaw though, both phones would need a active data plan. Unless there is a way to tether the phones through WiFi. Bluetooth wouldn't provide sufficient bandwidth.
Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

TheNeighbor101

Jan 25, 2013
g2tegg, I've done something like this. I forgot the app name. My Note was tethered via hotspot of my HTC Chacha which is out. The main problem is battery drain for the Chacha which I resolved with a small 5500mAh portable power bank.

It took forever to remote my Note. It didn't show me exactly how my Note's UI, just the status and sms reading. You need to pay for the sms sending ability.

To keep everything simple, I put my main line into the Chacha as my main com device for messages, calls & unlimited data hotspot for my Note. I put in my old really not-so-used sim into the Note and used my old SE LiveView smartwatch to read, send pre-typed messages, see who's calling, get alerts and control music.

I know it reduces the Note's usability during the commuting/traveling period. But at least the chances of it being snatched or being held up for it is reduced. I fully use my Note at home and at work or at cafés/restaurants.

Anyone know of any app that remotes the Note and exactly shows you the UI like apps that remote controls your desktop PCs on your Android?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app

mizz lia

Jun 2, 2011
I never use my phone in places night or day trains ect. I know I can get robbed and will only take it out for a quick sec and hurry to put it back in my pocket or purse. I've only really started doing it when I got the note 2. Its bag and attracts attention I don't need.

Sent from my lovely Note 2

TheNeighbor101

Jan 25, 2013
Yes, Lia, a better measure is to get a cheaper device that no one would bother as the thing you take out. You can tether your Note II via hotspot when needed.

I worry about my wife with my first Gen Note. I'll be giving her a Galaxy Mini just for safety. Constructing her one of my hiding planners as well.

naimmkassim

Jan 6, 2010
Selangor
Its bettter to avoid than sorry..simply dont use ur phone on train..use it only when u feel save..this is a cruel world with so many cruel people!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011
I take arguably the most dangerous route to work in the country.

The 4am 1 train in Manhatten that runs through every sh!thole area in the city.

Always full of thugs, hassling the hell out of people.
One time I was approached by some ***** who was eyeing my Nexus 7. I always carry either brass knuckles or a small blade when riding that early. This time he got the brass knuckles.

After I knocked his ass out I took a photo of him layed out as I got off my stop.

Don't ever show fear towards these animals. They are all talk when it comes down to it
2uqe4y4a.jpg

Last edited:

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
Pretty neat idea for those that need it, fortunately I do not. Not many people are really stupid enough to try and rob me. Maybe it's because im 6'7" and 225lbs, or maybe its the .40cal Glock 17 hanging under my arm and the 10" KA-BAR across my lower back, either way anyone brain dead enough to try and rob me will find the rest of themselves as dead as the grey squishy thing between their ears, especially if my wife or kids are with me. There's premade versions of the fake book phone/tablet holder but they're pretty expensive for some fancy cut up paper.

I like to break stuff! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: ac16313

TheNeighbor101

Jan 25, 2013
Here's another version for a bigger planner. Half of the upper part is usable for writing.

lightbox

lightbox

I figure the upper part would give some functional aspect with the mod. This could be done with an A4 sized Moleskine Sketchbook with an elastic binder.

I plan to get the AllShareCast wireless HDMI dongle accessory to connect to a projector during presentations. You have your written notes on top, while you flick your slides or even live markup when presenting.

Reactions: ac16313

Bradh024

Jul 14, 2010
****holeville, OH

One time I was approached by some ***** who was eyeing my Nexus 7. I always carry either brass knuckles or a small blade when riding that early. This time he got the brass knuckles.

After I knocked his ass out I took a photo of him layed out as I got off my stop.

Don't ever show fear towards these animals. They are all talk when it comes down to it
2uqe4y4a.jpg

And that, my friend, is how its supposed to be...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk HD

steveruv

Jul 13, 2009
queens, ny

2uqe4y4a.jpg

Damn FormeriPhoney, I carry the same but my route isnt like yours. Have a regular 9-5 but still have to be vigilant.

meaien

Jan 15, 2013
I ride the Bus or subway @11pm 3 transfer for 2 hours and never experience this thing and my note 2 is always out on my hand I guess it all differ in which country you live in im from toronto,canada and even if you leave your stuff here it will comeback to you

AllanonMage

Feb 6, 2008
Bumfukistan
I recommend a pistol for personal defense. Not legal in your area? Move someplace that supports your right to keep your life. That aside, any weapon and sufficient training/experience should suffice. A large knife is another option. Someone said brass knuckles. That's a good weapon, but AFAIK it's illegal in most states (even with a weapons permit!), so make sure you're legal enough to get off using it to protect yourself. You don't want to be like that woman in FL who tried to defend herself and got 20 years behind bars for it.

But that does bring up a good point. I just got my Note 2 and I've been trying to figure out how to carry it. Seems the only belt clip is the Otterbox Defender, which I'm not too keen on. The Commuter looks good, as does the Ballistics case, but no belt clip. Maybe a shoulder holster or something?

I like the idea of a gadget watch for control purposes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2uqe4y4a.jpg
    Carry a gun and shoot the thief.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    This idea came about after my brother was held up at knife point for his Note II. He was just commuting home at night but thankfully nothing really bad happened to him.

I commute and I hate the idea of losing my new Note II. So, I modified my old wood covered planner by cutting out the paper layers to form a niche for the Galaxy Note II. I considered including the silicone casing to tighten secure the device into place.

I control the device with a smart watch like the old Sony Ericsson LiveView and my wireless stereo remote earphones. My main line is another common smartphone. The Note serves as my secondary line. I can quickly make calls, read & reply sms (pre composed) via the smart watch.

You just need to use the Note in safer places and not flaunt by using it while in the mod planner for long periods of time. It would also help that you install a screen dimmerv app so as the light will not to give away that you have the Note in it and keep your phone in discreet mode with just vibration alerts.

While most are flaunting this great device, it's less likely that the would-be robber will suspect that the Note is in the planner. The secondary phone is your "smoke-screen" device you will surrender.

In this way, there's no need to do any struggle especially when he has a gun pointed at you.

I made a better version for the smaller planner and here is the video link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92800985@N06/8457470770/

Pictures:

photostream

photostream

The new version integrates the old S Pen with the pen holder accessory and a top and bottom thin elastic string to hold both into place. The cut was designed to make them fit exactly and snugged into place. I didn't glue the top and bottom pages to allow charging and wired earphones to connect. The S Pen will be useful and will give the illusion that you are just jotting something down when you need to use the Note II.

It took me a bit of thinking and twice more labor for the exact cutting as I needed to make a template, pencil the cut edges every 3 to 4 pages at a time, referencing from the outer corner.