[ROM][I605VRUFND7][4.4.2]OFFICIAL STOCK ROOTED ODEX/DEODEX[6/19/2014]

Search This thread

mi7chy

Oct 26, 2008
Is there a permission issue with /storage/emulated/0/Android? Several apps are reporting issues writing to that path.

drewcam888

Dec 12, 2008
Is there a permission issue with /storage/emulated/0/Android? Several apps are reporting issues writing to that path.

I have the same issue. No one has offered me any suggestions. I went back to 4.1.2 because of the issue. I couldn't download anything from a browser like Firefox which is so frustrating.

mi7chy

Oct 26, 2008
Have to revert back to 4.1.3 because apps like Lecture Notes, Sketchbook Pro, etc. are still unable to write to /storage/emulated/0/Android. Tried different recoveries including latest CWM and TWRP 2.6.x and 2.7x, wiping all partitions including internal and external, flashing external sd fix and installing sd fixes from Play Store. May consider trying the ODEX version since it's closer to stock but it looks like it was removed.

naviathan

Apr 8, 2010
Have to revert back to 4.1.3 because apps like Lecture Notes, Sketchbook Pro, etc. are still unable to write to /storage/emulated/0/Android. Tried different recoveries including latest CWM and TWRP 2.6.x and 2.7x, wiping all partitions including internal and external, flashing external sd fix and installing sd fixes from Play Store. May consider trying the ODEX version since it's closer to stock but it looks like it was removed.

I have not had any issues with Sketchbook pro. It saves just fine. Did you do a full wipe before installing? I cleared everything before I installed this ROM and I have not had a single issues beyond the old Voice Dialer popping up when the screen is off, instead of Google Voice Search.

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs

I have the same issue. No one has offered me any suggestions. I went back to 4.1.2 because of the issue. I couldn't download anything from a browser like Firefox which is so frustrating.

I have not ran this in some days now.. but I have heard that agni kernel PureStock for the I605 helps some of these issues..
Also try to see if that app that says it can't write to internal storage shows a path..for ex:

Cant write to storage/emulated/0/Download

If it shows you the folder just go into a root explorer and add that folder to the directory.. therefore it can write to it:good:

drewcam888

Dec 12, 2008
I have not ran this in some days now.. but I have heard that agni kernel PureStock for the I605 helps some of these issues..
Also try to see if that app that says it can't write to internal storage shows a path..for ex:

Cant write to storage/emulated/0/Download

If it shows you the folder just go into a root explorer and add that folder to the directory.. therefore it can write to it:good:

The folder exists already. Firefox, my backup pro, and freecaddie are a short list of apps with issues. This shouldn't be a sd card fix issue since that relates to the external sd card. I don't understand your path check suggestion.

puritan007

Aug 20, 2013
Colville
The folder exists already. Firefox, my backup pro, and freecaddie are a short list of apps with issues. This shouldn't be a sd card fix issue since that relates to the external sd card. I don't understand your path check suggestion.

If you know the path and the folder is already there are its permissions writable? Can you change them to writable?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

If you know the path and the folder is already there are its permissions writable? Can you change them to writable?

Can you also verify that there is free space on that partition? when I first went to 4.3 it tried to cache all my pictures from sd card in the phone memory, filling it completely. I had to wipe then reflash and pull sd card out for first boot.

Reactions: lacoursiere18

drewcam888

Dec 12, 2008

Yes it is already writeable according to root explorer.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Can you also verify that there is free space on that partition? when I first went to 4.3 it tried to cache all my pictures from sd card in the phone memory, filling it completely. I had to wipe then reflash and pull sd card out for first boot.

Yes the parition had like 7gb free

GiGaLeOnZa

Nov 3, 2011
so far so good

I like the previous post about flashing the ROM then flashing stock kernel over it. Perhaps the way the ROM is deployed in recovery messes up the kernel installment somehow who knows.

as for me... I have the 4.1.2 bootloader whatever it's called cram crawl whatever. Last unlocked bootloader before 4.3. I have this ROM installed with newest agni pure stock kernel installed and mj9 modem.

My only major issue was the deep sleep freeze I experienced. Following a guide for another phone running agni kernel, I deleted the init.d scripts and now my phone is rock solid. Not a single hiccup or freeze and everything is mint, couldn't be happier.

I still can't install photo editor but I've found a better alternative cymera. Cool photo app. When I try to get the app it says incompatible phone, perhaps the kernel is emulating a different device and play market gets angry, who knows. L

if any1 is having deep sleep freeze issues with this ROM and agni kernel wipe your init.d script using ghetto agni control panel app. Havent restarted my phone in days and it's faster than any CM11 ROM on its best day.

Reactions: DrunkUncas

iflip

Apr 1, 2010
Had anyone tried this with devil kernel? If so how is it working out with this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

jcbauerca

Dec 14, 2006
I like the previous post about flashing the ROM then flashing stock kernel over it. Perhaps the way the ROM is deployed in recovery messes up the kernel installment somehow who knows.

as for me... I have the 4.1.2 bootloader whatever it's called cram crawl whatever. Last unlocked bootloader before 4.3. I have this ROM installed with newest agni pure stock kernel installed and mj9 modem.

My only major issue was the deep sleep freeze I experienced. Following a guide for another phone running agni kernel, I deleted the init.d scripts and now my phone is rock solid. Not a single hiccup or freeze and everything is mint, couldn't be happier.

I still can't install photo editor but I've found a better alternative cymera. Cool photo app. When I try to get the app it says incompatible phone, perhaps the kernel is emulating a different device and play market gets angry, who knows. L

if any1 is having deep sleep freeze issues with this ROM and agni kernel wipe your init.d script using ghetto agni control panel app. Havent restarted my phone in days and it's faster than any CM11 ROM on its best day.

Thanks, can you direct me to the download of the app you mentioned? "ghetto agni control panel"

GiGaLeOnZa

Nov 3, 2011
Thanks, can you direct me to the download of the app you mentioned? "ghetto agni control panel"

Hahahaha my mistake it's not called ghetto agni control that was a very bad typo from my phone. As was cram crawl bootloader, I meant "vram" and "vr4all" or whatever the old boot loaders where codenamed.

install the agni kernel in recovery. It comes with a control app called "agni control" and from there you can delete any init.d scripts. That's what did it for me.

any1 having multiscreen issues? I can drag and drop from the sidebar but it won't split.

Reactions: DrunkUncas

jcbauerca

Dec 14, 2006
Hahahaha my mistake it's not called ghetto agni control that was a very bad typo from my phone. As was cram crawl bootloader, I meant "vram" and "vr4all" or whatever the old boot loaders where codenamed.

install the agni kernel in recovery. It comes with a control app called "agni control" and from there you can delete any init.d scripts. That's what did it for me.

any1 having multiscreen issues? I can drag and drop from the sidebar but it won't split.

haha thanks. I was wondering what ghetto agni control was :laugh:

Reactions: GiGaLeOnZa

iflip

Apr 1, 2010
Any pros and cons aside from "what doesn't works"? How's battery life on the mj9 modem compared to 4.3?

GiGaLeOnZa

Nov 3, 2011
Any pros and cons aside from "what doesn't works"? How's battery life on the mj9 modem compared to 4.3?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the mj9 modem IS from 4.3. The newest modem hasn't leaked yet because the user who got the update so early hasn't been rooted yet and therefore we only have the ROM. No official kitkat radio I believe.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Also just want to point out that my battery life and overall performance is stellar. I am absolutely enjoying this ROM immensely... fast, stable and great battery life. It's even better than any CM11 kitkat ROM I've used. This leak rocks!!

momule

Nov 18, 2009
Correct me if I'm wrong but the mj9 modem IS from 4.3. The newest modem hasn't leaked yet because the user who got the update so early hasn't been rooted yet and therefore we only have the ROM. No official kitkat radio I believe.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Also just want to point out that my battery life and overall performance is stellar. I am absolutely enjoying this ROM immensely... fast, stable and great battery life. It's even better than any CM11 kitkat ROM I've used. This leak rocks!!

I can second that. I get all day battery and that's wifi tethering another android for a pandora player at work. So far no bugs from me at all.

mistermagic87

Nov 26, 2012
Suggestion for anyone having internal storage issues. (not external)

I had issues with sd card storage with a few different apps when I flashed this rom with TWRP 2.7.0.1 -

So restored back to my previous backup (liquid smooth 2.37) and then flashed latest CWM touch.

Then restarted to CWM and factory reset then chose mounts and storage and chose mount storage/sdcard1,

Once it finished I used format /data and /data/media (/sdcard) option.

Then I installed the rooted rom. Everything seems to be working now - I'll report back with any issues if they come up.

I hope this helps anyone who has this issue and if it has already been posted please ignore this post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moziah7

naviathan

Apr 8, 2010
Suggestion for anyone having internal storage issues. (not external)

I had issues with sd card storage with a few different apps when I flashed this rom with TWRP 2.7.0.1 -

So restored back to my previous backup (liquid smooth 2.37) and then flashed latest CWM touch.

Then restarted to CWM and factory reset then chose mounts and storage and chose mount storage/sdcard1,

Once it finished I used format /data and /data/media (/sdcard) option.

Then I installed the rooted rom. Everything seems to be working now - I'll report back with any issues if they come up.

I hope this helps anyone who has this issue and if it has already been posted please ignore this post.
I had an issue with the internal storage using TWRP. I emailed TeamWin and got this back:
Sounds like file system corruption. You may be able to repair it by installing the latest TWRP 2.7.1.x and go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, select Data only, tap on Repair or Change, then tap on Repair. If that doesn't fix it you will have to completely format the data partition using Wipe -> Format Data.

The repair didn't work, but formatting data did. Heads up, remove your SD card before formatting data. According to the developer I talked to the external sd card is mounted under data and may get formatted with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][I605VRUFND7][4.4.2]OFFICIAL STOCK ROOTED ODEX/DEODEX[6/13/2014]

It's OFFICIAL!! 4.4.2 KitKat! Come get it! Not for use with safestrap as it requires the boot.img to be flashed.

• Install steps:
    Download Rom, Radio and SuperUser.zip. Verify MD5 on all of them
    • Recoveries:
    Latest PHILZ** or CWM
    • Coming from 4.1.2?
    You need flash 4.3 MJ9 firmware before flashing this. Thread can be found HERE

Once you have all these transfer ROM, Radio and SuperUser.zip to exsdcard.

Reboot into recovery

• PHILZ/CWM:
    Wipe to install New ROM.

Once flashed reboot

Go through setup

Reboot back into recovery. Flash SuperUser.zip and then Radio.

Done..

• Explanation:
    We have had several differences between phones..with builds, root etc. Please read these directions..Until a official tar is release we will prob continue to have these minor issues

Thanks to the whole N3BULA Team!

Anyone is free to use this.. Just please give proper credits ;)

:good::good:​
    Just got a little agro seeing my reboot mod has as many downloads as this thread has got thanks. These guys have put in DAYS to give you a solid build. Hit the freaking thanks button will ya?
    Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    :good::good:​

DOWNLOADS

Directions posted in OP hopefully that will solve some of the issues..
    Please read them..make sure you know what a FULL wipe is..
    Also those people not able to turn wifi on, have you flashed and updated to MJ9 firmware? If NOT.. you need to, to have working wifi..
    If you are still having issues, my next suggestion would be to odin back fully to stock, re run CASUAL and then try again.
    I will be all over this Monday if people continue to have issues. But PLEASE read the installation intrusions before you report your having issues.
    Know that A LOT people have already flashed this and it works perfect fine..so if you having issues make sure you are doing things correctly before blaming this STOCK ROM
    Thanks again for the support!

New Modem/Baseband: NEW ND7 4.4.2 RADIO

Deodex/No Knox Version: ND7_deknox_deodex.zip

Odex/Stock/Rooted/Knox Version: ND7_odex_rooted.zip

Debloated/Deodexed Version with updated core apps and external SD Fix: vrufnd7_debloat_build3.zip

UPDATED 06/18/2014!! Root now sticks with Philz latest only. TWRP causes write issues and root issues. Also KNOX has been fully removed! We will have the Official Tar up today as well..Hopefully that will fix charging issue with phone off

IF NO ROOT FLASH THIS in RECOVERY

If you consider donating..PLEASE send them to @krowley3 and @fkfmfz..If I receive any I will pass them to them

bfieza.jpg

14mrkg7.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][I605VRUFND7][4.4.2]OFFICIAL STOCK ROOTED ODEX/DEODEX[6/19/2014], ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    lacoursiere18, krowley3, fkfmfz, deckoz2302
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-05-27
    Last Updated 2014-06-20
    Mods..

4-way reboot

Imaged Battery 1% Mod
    Good news!

Well guys, I think we finally got it all worked out. May have been something wrong with our initial OTA download, so we redownloaded it and started from scratch. We have worked out the kinks from what I can tell. I am going to test overnight, but here is what we have:

Code:
    Deodexed
    No more knox
    Root sticks on boot
    init.d enabled
    busybox
    insecure boot.img

We are going to test this first, but I would like to think you will see this build sometime tomorrow!
    Cool. Whered you get the new radios?

New radio and kernel.. we have the ota, 4.4.2, pulled and rooted..build will be up tomorrow
    I just uploaded/updated the OP with two new builds.. I posted my findings with them below..

• No write data/app issues.
    • Wifi works
    • Root is if-y..If it does not work on reboot and hangs at "Disabling Knox" flash SuperUser v1.94
    • Then re open SU disbale knox
    • Profit..

We are continuously working on this today to get the best results..