[Advice] DSB color choosing logic.

Search This thread

Bonerock

Jul 10, 2014
Montevideo
I'm not a programmer or anything but i have an idea that can improve the performance after the DSB update.
I experience some lag on my Nexus 7 (Flo) every time it scans for the color.
What if were only needed to scan once for every app and then be saved on a file? Every time you use an app since that moment, the engine would search in that file instead of having to scan again.

Btw, thanks for your work and sorry for my English. :)

naveenmat98

May 4, 2014
Suggestion :)

But then in apps whose action bar changes color or is hidden ie: Google Newsstand, the color would just stay the same.

you could have a system whereby the rom essentially learns which apps change color and which apps dont. So say you launch Facebook a couple of times and the color doesn't change, so the rom will write the color codes to a file for that app. And say you launch an app that changes color like Google Newsstand or Play Store a couple of times, the rom will learn not to write the color codes for the app to a file. It's important that the rom should remove saved color codes after updates and I suggest this can be done by pulling the date modified information and also, the rom should only write the colors after the 3rd or 4th launch so as to ensure everything is covered for. The ROM could also be shipped with like a color code file that automatically syncs with a file on PA servers so that the community can add colors for apps they use and all they have to do is launch the app and all requests to push color codes to that file have to go through a mod. Kind of like how the rom building process is now with gerrit and github except more lightweight I guess haha