[FONTS]Roboto TTF Fonts

Search This thread

KonstantinKeller

Aug 22, 2011
Flowery Branch
Here you go guys! The actual Roboto system fonts straight from the Android 4.0 System Dump! Here is how to install them:

Install "Font Changer" from the android market [ROOT REQUIRED!]
Then start it up once, so it can make its .fontchanger folder
Then extract the attached zip file and copy the fonts to the .fontchanger/backup folder on your sd card
Restart your tab!
Open font changer, goto advanced tab, and change DroidSans and DroidSans Bold to the attached ones.
Italic and Bold Italic are attached too.

Don't forget to press thanks if I helped you!

Last edited:

reprod

Oct 8, 2008
Good stuff. Thanks for taking the initiative. I've tried the Roboto and it looks good.

sent via Tapatalk

okan22

Mar 9, 2009
Milan
:mad:
I've got this error when I open font changer..
System write required

write access for the system partition was not established on your device and therefore font changer will have to be closed. Please make sure your device has NAND unlocked before you try again..

KonstantinKeller

Aug 22, 2011
Flowery Branch
Probably because they've seen this in 3 other threads like I have.

Well those three other threads didn't have the TTF fonts. Just a ****ty apk installer and a flashable zip which didn't include the legit roboto fonts. Also mine includes the italic and bolditalic which the other ones didn't. Maybe you should be more informed before you post. Just an idea. Thanks.

KonstantinKeller

Aug 22, 2011
Flowery Branch
System write required

write access for the system partition was not established on your device and therefore font changer will have to be closed. Please make sure your device has NAND unlocked before you try again..

You sure you're rooted bro? If you are, open up superuser and try opening font changer again.

Reactions: shaggyskunk

Gerjannn

Mar 18, 2011
Wageningen
that's strange

sure I have rooted it (i've my Ginger Villain rom) thanks anyway I' ll search for another solution!!

Try to download Terminal Emulator from the market, then type su and hit enter. If it shows an # on the next line you have root, if it doesn't, you're not rooted (anymore).

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Thanks mate! I used this on my HTC Desire HD and it works very good, had some experiences with Font Changer, but this font is really nice, thanks for sharing!

KonstantinKeller

Aug 22, 2011
Flowery Branch
Try to download Terminal Emulator from the market, then type su and hit enter. If it shows an # on the next line you have root, if it doesn't, you're not rooted (anymore).

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Thanks mate! I used this on my HTC Desire HD and it works very good, had some experiences with Font Changer, but this font is really nice, thanks for sharing!

No problem bro!

PookiePrancer

Aug 9, 2010
Any way to check if the changes took effect? I think fonts look different, but I'm not sure :(

Never mind. Figured out the regular font hadn't changed after looking at some pictures, but I got it now. This is awesome! Looks even better on my Evo 4G.

Last edited:

PookiePrancer

Aug 9, 2010
Well those three other threads didn't have the TTF fonts. Just a ****ty apk installer and a flashable zip which didn't include the legit roboto fonts. Also mine includes the italic and bolditalic which the other ones didn't. Maybe you should be more informed before you post. Just an idea. Thanks.

:) After reading such a confident reply, I didn't even waste my time with the other threads on this topic!

Reactions: KonstantinKeller

sc0rp1n0x

Oct 23, 2011
Midlothian
Thanks for the method. I have the Samsung Galaxy Player 5 and the flash methods don't work on this device yet since there isn't a Clockwork Recovery for it yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you go guys! The actual Roboto system fonts straight from the Android 4.0 System Dump! Here is how to install them:

Install "Font Changer" from the android market [ROOT REQUIRED!]
    Then start it up once, so it can make its .fontchanger folder
    Then extract the attached zip file and copy the fonts to the .fontchanger/backup folder on your sd card
    Restart your tab!
    Open font changer, goto advanced tab, and change DroidSans and DroidSans Bold to the attached ones.
    Italic and Bold Italic are attached too.

Don't forget to press thanks if I helped you!
    Probably because they've seen this in 3 other threads like I have.

Cmon guys, 300 views and only 1 reply? Thanks...
    Good stuff. Thanks for taking the initiative. I've tried the Roboto and it looks good.

sent via Tapatalk

You guys are always welcome!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium
    System write required

You sure you're rooted bro? If you are, open up superuser and try opening font changer again.