Usb host

Search This thread

F3NR1R

Feb 21, 2013
Hey guys i have been doing some research about the kindle for hd capabilities being a usb host. However all i could find was that i need a powered hub as the kindle for itself cannot provide enough power to run a Ian drive. Now the question, do you know if this is true and if it is can you recommend me a powered hub that will surely work for the best possible price? And also an otg cable?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my rooted kindle fire hd using xda app-developers app

AmrBanawan

Nov 26, 2012
Alexandria
Hey guys i have been doing some research about the kindle for hd capabilities being a usb host. However all i could find was that i need a powered hub as the kindle for itself cannot provide enough power to run a Ian drive. Now the question, do you know if this is true and if it is can you recommend me a powered hub that will surely work for the best possible price? And also an otg cable?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my rooted kindle fire hd using xda app-developers app

USB host mode is currently disabled in the KFHD 7", We are waiting for someone to release a kernel that will enable it, I think hashcode is working on the kernel ATM.

jjhyphy

Jun 25, 2011
im having the same issue:/
I am trying to hook my dslr to my tablet but no luck on my kindle 8.9

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
The KFHD does not supply the voltage to power the drive. At this time, there are two options.

Fist one is the one I chose is the Wi-Drive.

The second one is a Y style USB cord that allows a voltage to be applied and powers the USB. The option to use the USB will light up once voltage is supplied. 4 volts is desired. Most just use one of those on the go phone chargers that takes a couple standard AA batteries to plug into the male USB port to provide the voltage. Then one plug into the KFHD and the other into a flash drive.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using xda app-developers app

elyorch

Dec 16, 2012
So there's no way to connect a USB pen via OTG cable? Even if the device is rooted and with a proper ROM?

chico_CubaSi

Oct 18, 2013
usb port mod KFHD possible?

And what's that Y style USB cord? Any image? Link?

Y USB cord supports extra power to a device. One USB port is plugged into a power supply and servs power to the USB device (USBstick, ext. drive) into a combined USB.

BTW: If there is no support of usb host by the kernel, that shouldn't work.

Maybe it's possible to add 5v power to the usb-port inside Kindle Fire HD (Hardware MOD) and someone enables usb host module in the kernel.