A.I Watch (Quad Core - Android 4.4 Kit Kat)

Search This thread

Zuber

Jul 6, 2006
www.WantItGetItLoveIt.co.uk
A.I Watch Quad-Core Android 4.4 Smart Watch

2487.png

2484.png
2486.png
2485.png

A.I WATCH SPECIFICATIONS:
Processor : Quad Core 1.3GHz (Octo-core option as well now)
O.S : A.I UI 2.0 / Android 4.4 (Kit Kat)
Network : GSM, WCDMA (3G) Frequency : GSM 850/900/1800/1900 Frequency : WCDMA (3G) 850/1900/2100 MHZ (workable all over the world)
Flash : Ram: 512 Mb Rom : 4GB Micro SD slot - up to 32GB
Display : 1.54, RGB 240*240 dots Touch Screen : Curve Touch Screen
Speaker : Speaker/Headphone 2 in 1
Microphone : 4015 Bluetooth 4 : Support Bluetooth Stereo Headset, support video audio; Support data transfer and receive; Support calling via Bluetooth Headset
Camera : 5 Megapixel (720p video recording)
USB Port : Micro 7 pin port: downloading, charging, data transfer and headset use (4 in 1)
Antenna : GSM+ Bluetooth + GPS +WIFI antenna inside
Vibration motor : Yes
Gravity Sensor : Acelerometer, E-Compass, Gyroscope
Battery : Lithium ion battery, 800mAh GPRS : Support
Internet use : Support
WIFI : Support
GPS : Support
Media : Mp3, Mp4 Support
FM : Support
Voice Recording : Support
SMS/MMS : Support
Hands Free : Support

Indiegogo Campaign (closed): http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-i-watch-smartwatch-the-new-intelligence-life-is-here

Some History
OK, lets get some difficult stuff out the way first. There was a previous thread about the AI Watch, that went a bit off the rails. with claims of it being a scam or a clone and counter claims etc. It all got rather unpleasant.

The thread got cleaned up a bit and locked by a moderator. I thought it would be worth opening a new one, since I am very interested in this. I've discussed it with a moderator and got the green light.

BUT

Please keep it civil, on topic and avoid attacks etc. Moderators will be keeping an eye on it and take action should it start going off the rails again...

For those that have concerns/questions, they can read the old thread over at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2468854

As far as I can see, it isn't a scam or a clone. Others may disagree... That's not what this thread is supposed to be about.

For what it's worth, I placed a Pre-Order for the watch after the Indiegogo campaign closed. My card was not charged, only an agreement was set up to charge me at a later date.

I asked A.I Watch what the intentions were regarding charging me and was told they don't intend to charge until the watch is ready to ship. And there is an option on there to request cancellation.

So despite a bumpy start, it all sounds genuine to me...

When will it ship?
Excellent question.
My understanding is that the initial Indigogo campaign aim was to ship End Dec. 2013 (some campaign backer are are going to be getting jumpy as you would expect). But there has been a substantial overhaul of the design since the start of the campaign (for the better) and so the schedule has been pushed back.

At the time of posting, A.I Watch are not comfortable with committing to a new date yet. Which is not what we want to hear of course, but is arguably better than constantly giving dates, then changing them at the last minute and repeatedly letting everyone down.

Thinking of placing a Pre-Order ?
UPDATED 18/01/2014:

Initial round of first 100 coupons finished. But got an email from them. The important bit:

"but I decide to continue and create for XDA community members new coupons.

I create a new coupon for Developers only : They will need to write me or to A.I Watch Team a email with a little portfolio about their latest apps developments.

They will able to choose any A.I Watch model they will want and they will receive it Rooted with the SDK.

Second coupon is for all the XDA Community Members, they will need just to send to A.I Watch Team (contactATaiwatchtechDOTcom) an email with the model of their choice and will receive back a Special XDA coupon."

I'm assuming if you can show a genuine Dev. angle, then you get a bigger discount voucher...
If you fall into that camp, may make more sense to just sign up on the forum as well and send him a PM.

Finally, if you are wondering why some of the language is a bit wrong. It's a French company, and the English is better than my French...

And with that, let the (good natured) discussions begin :)

UPDATE (03/05/14):
New Video showing final working design.

Last edited:
Reactions: XandroidX

Zuber

Jul 6, 2006
Latest Prototype. Pic taken at CES

ssssf.jpg

A.I Watch described as "a quick picture of the first CNC on my wrist, its still not the final model is a appearance sample to see where are all the defaults of the ID/MD"

Last edited:

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Good idea Zuber to start a new thread, and even a better idea for you to handle AI Watch PR on XDA ;) Everybody already expressed their opinions, so let's just leave it in 2013, and start 2014 with actual updates about development progress, latest pictures, and videos (especially videos!!!)

Zuber

Jul 6, 2006
Good idea Zuber to start a new thread, and even a better idea for you to handle AI Watch PR on XDA ;) Everybody already expressed their opinions, so let's just leave it in 2013, and start 2014 with actual updates about development progress, latest pictures, and videos (especially videos!!!)

Old one was locked for obvious reasons, the device is interesting and I want an unaffiliated forum to discuss. Using the Omate forum wouldn't be appropriate and A.I forum would be too restrictive.

Been on and off XDA for years and it's a good site to discuss Smart Watches !

Put an initial pic. of 'progress' as you put it. Hopefully we see some more after CES.

I think more (unsuccessful) PeaceKeeper than PR Agent :)

XandroidX

Jul 21, 2011
San Marcos Ca
Great job Zuber. Mine is ordered as well, I saw potential with this watch since I read about it early December. The Quad core processor and camera flash/flashlight did it for me. The look of the watch may not be for everyone but I feel its well suited for my taste. It's a nice blend between sporty and classy. I want to be able to wear it to the office and on my morning run.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NachTSS

Zuber

Jul 6, 2006
Asked A.I Watch about discount code and also what chip it would be using. To Quote:

the first hundred that will send us a mail to : contactATaiwatchtechDOTcom : (edit to correct) with the A.I Watch model of there choice will receive a special pre order coupon and instructions how to enter it.
Also please note that they will be not charged until there A.I Watch will be ready to be ship.

A.I Watch smartwatch - Run Android 4.4 Kit Kat - is powered by a Quad-core MTK 6582 SoC paired with 512MB of RAM and 4GB of storage.

Last edited:

NachTSS

Sep 12, 2013
Thanks for closing my original thread and opening this one I mean wtf? Why? :/ it said the other would be re opened if it was found out to be real. And said the thread was cleaned up so I see no point in this new thread and its unfair on me too.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: vikemosabe

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Thanks for closing my original thread and opening this one I mean wtf? Why? :/ it said the other would be re opened if it was found out to be real. And said the thread was cleaned up so I see no point in this new thread and its unfair on me too.

Closing of that thread has nothing to do with Zuber opening a new one. It was a decision made by XDA admins, so you should contact them. Beside, if you think about it, that thread was related to IGG campaign of the original AI Watch version, while this is a new all updated version outside of IGG. Makes sense not to mix these two together.

XandroidX

Jul 21, 2011
San Marcos Ca
NEW IMAGES
Not the final product some component improvements and adjustments will be made to accommodate the wrist.

34234232%20-%20Copy.jpg

dfdsfds%20-%20Copy.png

Last edited:

vikemosabe

Nov 7, 2013
Athens, ga

I agree, don't see any difference with this thread.
That being said, the other one is locked.

On topic:
When is it supposed to ship?

NachTSS

Sep 12, 2013
Closing of that thread has nothing to do with Zuber opening a new one. It was a decision made by XDA admins, so you should contact them. Beside, if you think about it, that thread was related to IGG campaign of the original AI Watch version, while this is a new all updated version outside of IGG. Makes sense not to mix these two together.

Its no different to what omate did they used another watch as a prototype too so I really don't agree with you and think it should all have been in one thread.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

NEW IMAGES
Not the final product some component improvements and adjustments will be made to accommodate the wrist.

Its the first CNC prototype.

Zuber

Jul 6, 2006
I agree, don't see any difference with this thread.
That being said, the other one is locked.

On topic:
When is it supposed to ship?

Not sure what the big deal is here guys ?

Old one started and finished is it a scam or not, got somewhat nasty and got locked.
I want to discuss the watch, not is it a scam etc. and got the all clear from mods to go ahead and create a new one. I've made a point of explaining some of this and linking to the old thread so people that are interested about any issues can can read up on it.

imho... - Anyone interested in placing a pre-order can feel as safe as for any other new company and product.

If you have still have concerns about if the product is a scam or whatever, feel free to open another thread on the subject. Note, as was mentioned, I am not a moderator and had nothing to do with the old thread being closed. You might want to check with mods first.

RE: "I see no point in this new thread and its unfair on me too"
Apologies, don't want to take away from your efforts. At this point I'd like everyone to know that credit should go to you for whatever it is that you think the credit should go to you for :)

Seriously, though. If it upsets you, please feel free to open another thread and I'll post on there. Maybe we can ask a mod to delete this one or something. As long as it's to discuss the watch, not is it a scam etc. Alternatively, we can discuss the watch...

vikemosabe

Nov 7, 2013
Athens, ga
Old one started and finished is it a scam or not...

I realize he stated that he was concerned about it being a scam, but I didn't feel as though that was the point of his topic.
At any rate, if you got mod approval, have at it, I will say no more regarding it.

As per first post. Not offering a date yet. My guesstimate is March or later. But it isn't based on anything concrete other than it's obviously not ready to ship any day now...

Uh, sorry, missed that.

I am debating ordering one.
I don't much care for the company or the creator, but I don't really have to as long as it's a quality product :)

Last edited:

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Its no different to what omate did they used another watch as a prototype too so I really don't agree with you and think it should all have been in one thread.

As I said before, the decisions on this forum are made by Moderators. It has nothing to do with what I say or what Zuber says or what you say. Also, I think you took it a bit too personal when that thread was closed; even so it was started by you - that consequent action of locking the thread had nothing to do with anything you did personally. We are all members of this community and post according to rules/guidelines. Mods monitor these threads, and if they see things getting out of hand - THEY make a decision about how to proceed, doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with me. So let's just end this argument here because I wouldn't advice questioning Mods decisions, and lets focus on updates from AI Watch or any other new or upcoming smartwatches. OK, bud?

XandroidX

Jul 21, 2011
San Marcos Ca
Camera is now confirmed to be full Autofocus 5MP Camera not a 3MP interpolated to 5MP fixed focus like Omate's

Last edited:

NachTSS

Sep 12, 2013
As I said before, the decisions on this forum are made by Moderators. It has nothing to do with what I say or what Zuber says or what you say. Also, I think you took it a bit too personal when that thread was closed; even so it was started by you - that consequent action of locking the thread had nothing to do with anything you did personally. We are all members of this community and post according to rules/guidelines. Mods monitor these threads, and if they see things getting out of hand - THEY make a decision about how to proceed, doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with me. So let's just end this argument here because I wouldn't advice questioning Mods decisions, and lets focus on updates from AI Watch or any other new or upcoming smartwatches. OK, bud?

I was not trying to focus on omate I was using it as an example and I always try stick to the rules its why I put on my threads when I made them please let me know if this is in the right place etc. I have no intention to course any drama at all and I gave you my reasons for what I said I'm sorry if it came across as hostile I just tend to speak my mind is all.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Camera is now confirmed to be full Autofocus 5MP Camera not a 3MP interpolated to 5MP fixed focus like Omate's

That's great means it should actually be useful :)

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

I think its a shame they couldn't have put 1gb ram and at least 8gb storage in it but it def seems like it's going to still be one of if not the best smart watch their is overall ATM when it does finally get shipped :)

Zuber

Jul 6, 2006
Quote: Originally Posted by NachTSS
I think its a shame they couldn't have put 1gb ram and at least 8gb storage in it...

I read somewhere that they are working on that.

Definitely maybe. Don't pin your hopes on it. If all the hype on KitKat is to be believed, then the 512MB Ram shouldn't matter so much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A.I Watch PCBA

Hi Everyone,
    As I promise below the pictures of A.I Watch PCBA.
    Soon as well will coming the final Spec of A.I Watch Ultra our flagship model.

PCB.png

Best Regards
    Damien Douk
    A.I Watch Creator
    www.aiwatchtech.com
    A.I Watch

Full source code for the core level devs and full firmware release archive with change logs for users is a big plus.

Hi Lokifish Marz
    1.Next week we will release the SDK for A.I Watch with 240x240 resolution.
    I will try my best to upload it soon as possible that we will release it.
    2.The Final Firmware will be release as well soon as we will finish it but will not be available for download for everyone.
    3.Full source code for the core level you mean the source code of the MTK Chipset core?

Best Regards
    Damien Douk
    A.I Watch Creator
    A.I Watch

Your very welcome for everything and I hope this watch launches soon. I am very interested in it.....:D

After the Chinese New Year I will make videos soon as the technical samples will came out and of what I see all will go more faster....

Best Regards
    Damien Douk
    A.I Watch Creator
    Just anything running on it would do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Posted at the A.I Watch website:

dsffsd.png

THE BEST JUST GOT BETTER
    Always we considered all your requests and comments regarding A.I Watch and a version with 1GB / 8GB.
    “A.I Watch Ultra” is a very special version that will be our Flagship model boosted with 1.7 GHz Octa-Core processor coupled with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal storage, developed to break all records and an another time redefining the Benchmark in the exclusive wearable segment.
    The variety of real-world uses of a smartwatch is astounding, I don’t think many people realize how much innovation is actually happening right now.
    Today A.I Watch is one of them, revolutionizing the Smartwatch market with the most advanced and powerful smartwatches ever created, A.I Watch is decades in front of other smartwatches and even more advanced than today smartphones.

A.I Watch ULTRA Specs :
    Processor : Octa -Core 1.7GHz MTK6592

Network : GSM, WCDMA (3G)

Frequency : GSM 850/900/1800/1900

Frequency : WCDMA (3G) 850/1900/2100 MHZ

Ram: 1GB

Rom : 8GB

Micro SD slot - up to 128GB

Display : 1.54, RGB 240*240 dots

Touch Screen : Curve Touch Screen

Speaker : Speaker/Headphone 2 in 1

Microphone : 4015

Bluetooth 4.0 : Support Bluetooth Stereo Headset, support video audio; Support data transfer and receive; Support calling via Bluetooth Headset

Camera : 5 Megapixel (720p video recording)

Led Light : x 2USB Port :

Micro 7 pin port: downloading, charging, data transfer and headset use (4 in 1) Antenna : GSM+ Bluetooth + GPS +WIFI antenna inside

Vibration motor : Yes

Gravity Sensor : Accelerometer, E-Compass, Gyroscope

Optional
    Swappable batteries
    600 mAh
    800 mAh

Picture of PCBA showing Octa-Core processor Soc
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43943764/PCBA.png