[Q] PLAY bricked?

Search This thread

YechiamTK

Nov 24, 2012
Hi, so I tried to flash (using fastboot) DooMsKernel v14, it all looked nice and good,
but after that I tried to restart/enter recovery mode, and nothing happened.
My PLAY only reacts to power button by vibrate, and can enter to fastboot.
I tried to flash it again and flash another ROM (CM9), nothing worked.
Any help please?

YechiamTK

Nov 24, 2012
Its fairly impossibly to brick the play. Since it can get into fastboot bootloader must be unlocked flash both kernel and Rom to stock.

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app

I tried to flash ReFlash ftf using flashtool, but at some point it said an error when it tried to push a packet to the phone, I can't remember what it was. That was yesterday. I charged the phone all night because I thought it was battery problem, and today I tried flashing again but when I connect the phone in flash mode it connects it on fastboot tmode. Tried pulling the battery and connect again, idnt work.
I realy dont know what to do..:(
Edit:
I tried again and I can connect to flash mode, will try to flash the ftf again.

Last edited:

YechiamTK

Nov 24, 2012
I tried to flash ReFlash ftf using flashtool, but at some point it said an error when it tried to push a packet to the phone, I can't remember what it was. That was yesterday. I charged the phone all night because I thought it was battery problem, and today I tried flashing again but when I connect the phone in flash mode it connects it on fastboot tmode. Tried pulling the battery and connect again, idnt work.
I realy dont know what to do..:(
Edit:
I tried again and I can connect to flash mode, will try to flash the ftf again.

Ok, so I succeeded. Now I'm trying to update from update center to .42 (I have .238), but the installation fails.
1. Any help on that?
2. Did the ReFlash unrooted my phone?

YechiamTK

Nov 24, 2012
1.it is because of unlocked bootloader
2.yes it unrooted ur phone

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

So what am I suppose to do? root again and try to flash different kernel?
If the answer is yes, than back to the first thing I did, why I came to this problem - I tried to flash a kernel,
so can u tell me what is the safest way to do it (so I wont have to deal with this problem all over again)?

psxpetey

So what am I suppose to do? root again and try to flash different kernel?
If the answer is yes, than back to the first thing I did, why I came to this problem - I tried to flash a kernel,
so can u tell me what is the safest way to do it (so I wont have to deal with this problem all over again)?
You have an unlocked bootloader just flash doom the kernel and put a Rom on your sd to install. Then first time you boot you press the back button or the menu one or something.and then doom kernel will let you select a Rom.

YechiamTK

Nov 24, 2012
You have an unlocked bootloader just flash doom the kernel and put a Rom on your sd to install. Then first time you boot you press the back button or the menu one or something.and then doom kernel will let you select a Rom.

Didn't really get it..
U say I should flash doomkernel and install new ROM?
Any instructions on how to do it the SAFEST WAY? I don't want to have boot problems again..

raminta

Jul 30, 2012
shiraz
Xiaomi Mi 8
Xiaomi Poco F3
Didn't really get it..
U say I should flash doomkernel and install new ROM?
Any instructions on how to do it the SAFEST WAY? I don't want to have boot problems again..

The safest way is flashing kernel with flashtools
I think ur problem of boot is because of corrupted download download the kernel again and try to flash it if doesn't worked try an other kernel for example lupus kernel

YechiamTK

Nov 24, 2012
I think ur problem of boot is because of corrupted download download the kernel again and try to flash it if doesn't worked try an other kernel for example lupus kernel

Ok, so now I try to root the PLAY again, using OneClickRoot. Only one problem - it gets stuck in "Verify Rooting Compatibility"..
And I also tried OneClickRoot with my friend`s phone (LG Optimus Black) - same result, stuck in "Verify Rooting Compatibility"..
Is this OneClickRoot`s problem`s, or it just suppose to take long time, or what?

psxpetey

The firat time you start doomkernel it will seem like your phone is bricked as soon as you press power atart pressing the back button and a screen will come up that will allow you to install a Rom off the sd card. I thought mune was bricked firat time. When doom starts the blue led starts its not flash its just what it does.

1. Turn on the phone
2. Press back button until Rom flashing screen pops up
3. Install Rom from sd
4. Boot rom

EP35DS4

Feb 12, 2012
Ok, so now I try to root the PLAY again, using OneClickRoot. Only one problem - it gets stuck in "Verify Rooting Compatibility"..
And I also tried OneClickRoot with my friend`s phone (LG Optimus Black) - same result, stuck in "Verify Rooting Compatibility"..
Is this OneClickRoot`s problem`s, or it just suppose to take long time, or what?

Most custom Roms are prerooted, so if you're going to install one anyway, you don't have to root your Play manually.

If you can't flash .ftf through flashtool, you could try another download source, had a similar problem a few months ago, many downloads simply didn't work. And using another USB port on my computer fixed my problem with the flash process getting stuck while flashing with flashtool, was strange, but solved the problem.

By the way, if this .238 is android 2.3.4 it probably can't be rooted, if you want stock rom with root you have to downgrade to 2.3.3

Last edited:

YechiamTK

Nov 24, 2012
So is it qorking yet?

Well, I'm rooted with .238, but my problem is that google apps don't work - it tries to download apps and then stop the ddownload, without any error (Every app)..
So I thought I would try to install a costum ROM, problem is - I cant install recovery.. Tried a few methods, all didn't work.. 2 option, either I didn't succeed on download and installing the recovery, or I can't boot into it..
Any help pls?