[Leak][Canada] i337m VLUFNC1 Kit Kat - Multicarrier package, Now with 100% less pit!

Search This thread

lemonloaf

Oct 3, 2013
Successfully replaced Rogers branded from 4.2

SGH-i337m with Rogers here. I wanted to reset my phone to factory and get rid of the bloat, so giving this release a spin made sense.

Followed instructions as per image file provided. User data partitions and system partitions were wiped. Since I also wanted to get rid of all user data and start from scratch, I first used a custom recovery (CWM 6.0.4.5 Advance Edition aka Philz Touch 6.0.4.5, see here). I used the custom recovery's "Wipe Data/Factory reset" and "Clean to Install a New ROM" function, before following OP's instructions.

I wanted to start from scratch because it's my first time truly tinkering with my Galaxy S4 (and Android as a whole) and I've got some minor issues when I installed the stock OTA/Kies Kitkat 4.4.2 today (through Kies), after having wiped the user partitions using the custom recovery. Namely, the main issue was not being able to turn on WiFi (got error message about "Your phone's security has blocked an action that is not permitted. No further action is required", which seemed to be from KNOX). I have cleared the cache to no avail. I have not tinkered more; I wanted to try an unbranded release (this thread).

After flashing succesfully with Odin3 v3.09, I still could not activate WiFi.
I saw this thread here with a similar issue and after lurking it I opted to reflash a few times the CP part of this release, which worked.

Everything seems to be working smoothly now, although as noted before the automatic brightness setting no longer supports -5/+5 (why do they keep changing insignificant details that were working well...?), which is now relegate to the abyss next to the Data toggle (removed in 4.3). I haven't noticed many significant changes otherwise (apart from the camera from the lock screen which is appreciated).

vr6typer

Mar 15, 2015
Worked for me!

In trying to downgrade my SGH-I337m to 4.2.2 to try to SIM unlock it, I found myself with the "no wifi, no sound" problem and the seandroid enforcing problem.
Loading this package brought my phone back to working condition! no more errors.
Big Thank you!

0mega1

Mar 11, 2008
Hamilton
Don't have a phone to test it on, so even if I had one i'd hesitate to post it. I'm on an S5 now.

Sorry :( I know it's taking forever for you guys.

Honestly, I'd recommend GPE/CM at this point for the S4 unless you need the samsung specific stuff like gear compatibility...

Reactions: k3vignes

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
In trying to downgrade my SGH-I337m to 4.2.2 to try to SIM unlock it, I found myself with the "no wifi, no sound" problem and the seandroid enforcing problem.
Loading this package brought my phone back to working condition! no more errors.
Big Thank you!
There no need for this... Best method, don't be cheep, buy a proper unlock code and do it right. You'll have to temporarily have to revert back to TW custom if you want. I think I spent 20 or 15 bucks, beat money I have ever spent. I'm in Canada but I've tested it on Australia networks using danvdh Roms, it's butter, it alllllll butter, then gravey, and then some, peanut butter, smooth, not crunchy. Happy st Patrick's days!

k3vignes

Mar 31, 2016
Trying to unbrick phone but keeps failing

Hi,

I am trying to use this package to unbrick my samsung s4, SGH-I337M, with telus. Every time I run odin I get this output:

Code:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> BL_I337MVLUFNC1_880525_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> AP_I337MVLUFNC1_880525_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CP_I337MVLUFNC1_880525_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CSC_OYA_I337MOYAFNC1_880525_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Added!!

I tried running it three or four times and I get the same error.

My phone is currently soft-bricked, every time I turn it on it takes me to a screen that says:
"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again."

I tried to recover it using Kies, but it doesn't recognize the device, however Odin does recognize the device.
I have tried on multiple usb ports, and different computers, all with the same error.

Any suggestions on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

k3vignes

Mar 31, 2016
Problem was the USB cable, tried a different cable, not even the original one from samsung, just a random one and it worked.

Thanks for the package Omega1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Through a well executed chain of private messages I managed to get a hold of a shiny new leak for us S4 users, Don't know if it will help you AT&T users much, But I'd love it if it did. For now, this is for Canadian users only, and can be used (Confirmed with Bell, and Telus) with any carrier

Included in this package are a few things:

1) BL, AP, CP, and CSC files for Odin
    2) Odin v3.09 to be used for flashing (Not confirmed to work with any other version, So why not have the latest? )

jUElFS5.png

Instructions for Flashing

Root: Latest version of CF Auto root HERE (Seriously, go buy that guy a beer. http://www.chainfire.eu/ )

As far as flashing the package goes, all files need to be put in their respective shots as per the screenshot, you may need to flash 2-3 times in odin to get the whole package in there, like with most custom -> stock transitions.

The updated bootloader is the only real bummer here, overall a very nice package, fully rootable, works with Wanam Xposed for any of those curious, with very little as far as incompatible modules I can see.

One key change I'm missing personally is the lack of adaptive auto brightness... Can no longer increment -5/+5 on your auto brightness setting :(

Anyway, enough about it for now, here is the package link. Screenshots will be posted in a few minutes.

https://mega.co.nz/#!h8pTnCZS!t2-PiSb5W9ZyNp7fct7WD_Pg_dnc-eZqtMvpsuKv_9Q <-- Now with 100% less pit file!

I know some people were doubting the legitimacy of this in the Canadian thread, but I just finally got permission to post the leak from my source, since it's not carrier specific, and doesn't tie back to any one specific person. Heh.
    So where is the .pit file in the package? Or can we flash this without the .pit?

Thanks!

You don't need the .pit file. The OP should remove that from the instructions. Otherwise it's running smoothly.
    Cool. Didn't know that the stock 4.4.2 kernel had a dependency on the new bootloader. Is this Knox related?

In any case, thanks for the info!

Yup! Actually 4.3 stock kernel first introduced a dependency for new 4.3 non-reversible aboot as well. That was the end of, being able to use stock, unaltered, Canadian kernel and flash any compatible rom. Odexed or deodexed.
    Which is why, since then, to flash different firmware, we have depended solely on stock patched ( @talexop and @jeboo) and/or custom (from source) kernels. It is and always 'knox', whether directly or indirectly (laying the foundations for it combined with 'SE enforcing').

Sent from my LG-D803
    I don't care where he got it, my point is only experts should be flashing leaked firmware.

Or to put it simply if you need instructions, don't flash it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk