[Q] Upgrade to 1.2.4.3 consistently fails

Search This thread

richardyates

Jan 22, 2003
Birmingham UK
My X isn't rooted and is currently running 1.1.2.2

I want to install the 1.2.4.3 update. It downloads apparently without difficulty, then says the download is verified

It reboots and starts the installation, which consistently fails about a third through

I have tried taking the SD card out, updating with and without a live sim in it, and a complete hard reset - makes no difference at all

Be glad of some help - not a complete beginner, but not too technical either - I am good a following instructions though:)

Dom3616

May 7, 2013
Karachi
My X isn't rooted and is currently running 1.1.2.2

I want to install the 1.2.4.3 update. It downloads apparently without difficulty, then says the download is verified

It reboots and starts the installation, which consistently fails about a third through

I have tried taking the SD card out, updating with and without a live sim in it, and a complete hard reset - makes no difference at all

Be glad of some help - not a complete beginner, but not too technical either - I am good a following instructions though:)

The software for Nokia X is v1.2.4.1.

richardyates

Jan 22, 2003
Birmingham UK
The software for Nokia X is v1.2.4.1.

Well what is being downloaded describes itself as 1.2.4.3

Have now tried to install from Sd card using recovery. That tells me a bit more. When it fails it says:

assert failed: apply_patch_check ('/preload/appFacebook.apk)

followed by several lines of hexadecimal

Wouldn't mind but I don't use Facebook and would probably uninstall it anyway. After the hard reset I updated all the apps and one was Facebook. I noticed before I updated that Facebook was shown as a cogwheel on the launcher not its logo (I guess it said "com.facebook.apk" but can't be sure

Does that get me any further?

Anyone care to point me to where I can download 1.2.4.1 if not?

Dom3616

May 7, 2013
Karachi

Have now tried to install from Sd card using recovery. That tells me a bit more. When it fails it says:

Wouldn't mind but I don't use Facebook and would probably uninstall it anyway. After the hard reset I updated all the apps and one was Facebook. I noticed before I updated that Facebook was shown as a cogwheel on the launcher not its logo (I guess it said "com.facebook.apk" but can't be sure

Why dont you just flash the latest one through Nokia Care Suite?

Reactions: richardyates

spacenerf

Aug 10, 2014
1.2.4.1 here but I expect 1.2.4.3 is the same thing curiously (as is 1.2.4.21 apparently). Don't know what's with the different versions (different locales maybe?).

J@YESH

Sep 8, 2014
Nokia X
Xiaomi Redmi 1S
how to root nokia x v 1.2.4.3

how can i root my nokia x v 1.2.4.3
i try it using nokia x toolkit but it does not work bcz of on usb drivers for v 1.2.4.3
\..
/
please help me :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Why dont you just flash the latest one through Nokia Care Suite?