[ROM][03/24/2012] GSB v4.5 - Final | CM7.2 | It's been a great ride...

Search This thread

mjb413

Aug 22, 2010
South Carolina
so, cm7 has built in sip calling? trying to figure out how to hook up my pbxes account to it now. I used to use sipdroid, but it looks like it may now be built in under call settings.

Tarpit_Carnivore

Apr 13, 2010

cmajpwc

Jan 5, 2011
o.O
Okay, a few things to report.

I'm running 1.2

Battery life: about the same as the FroYo ROMS for me. About a days worth it seems. I'm at 78% and I've been unplugged for about 4 hours, moderate browsing with Dolphin Mini and about 80-100 texts. I may try and wipe the battery stats and calibrate it to see if I can get better because most of you are saying you can get 2-4 days out of a battery. I would absolutely love that lol.

I noticed some odd things in Running Services, specifically the process CyanogenMod settings. Its at 2.9MB and has been running since I last rebotted the phone, so 13:28:50 as I type this. It doesn't seem to be affecting the battery life, but I wanna know what this is doing to my phone.

I was able to install both calibration and keyboard APKs from the FroYo ROMS for the HTC Keyboard I made at gimpsta.com. In case anyone uses one of these, it works.

I'm using ChompSMS and the keyboard is really laggy at the pop-up message. This is regardless of where I am, either in an app or at the home screen, and regardless of the keyboard I am using (both stock and the HTC_Mod one). I really like this feature, so I hope it can be fixed or something.

This rom is great. I love it. If only the screen animations worked, but from what users are reporting its just a waste of time cause its so laggy lol. Oh well =] by far the most complete and fun to use rom I've tried. Once again, thanks Shed =D

Oh and one more thing: I can't wait to download some themes. That has to be one of the coolest things CM has done. I'm so happy CM7 is on my phone now =] I'll report back with any new improvements/bugs later.

Edit: I almost forgot. I got an email from Google saying "Congrats on purchasing your Nexus S". Has anyone else gotten this? I'm wondering if the Gingerbread version makes Google think I'm using a Nexus S instead of an Eris lol

workshed

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2010
turn around!
Shed,
Do you know where downloaded apps hide in GB. I checked my data folder... it's empty... used to be data/apps, are they all going into system/apps?

Did you try downloads in the app drawer?

I received that email too haha :D

Yeah, we're using the crespo 2.3.2 fingerprint so that would make sense. We may need a different fingerprint, need more testing. I went with that one since it was working for the Heroc crowd.

Notxok

Sep 9, 2010
Maple Shade
Did you try downloads in the app drawer?

Yeah, we're using the crespo 2.3.2 fingerprint so that would make sense. We may need a different fingerprint, need more testing. I went with that one since it was working for the Heroc crowd.

I guess I was a little vague. I will clarify. I am asking where the .apk files are saved when you d/l from the market.

BrianKLV

Aug 2, 2010
Las Vegas
I thought I found a problem but actually its a cool little feature. I found the charging LED would turn off while the phone was plugged in but it turns out it was just blinking for an alert. Thats a plus from 6.1.

Cheatman1

Jul 25, 2010
I guess i'll have to post something that might bother other users. the settings for over clocking / under clocking don't stay even if you check the box on reboot. I'll be using set cpu so i can change setting anyways though and have off screen settings / profiles.

Izeltokatl

Workshed, do you have the original full sized gapps? it worked for me, and I saw in that one it had yahoo as an addable account. the tiny version doesn't have this, and sadly I deleted it after you posted the tiny version. is that a custom gapps?

----update----

here it is for anyone that cares:
http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip

Last edited:

morrisdan

May 26, 2010
Amazingly smooth, stable, and fast!

Just wanted to say thank you for all your work. I cannot believe Gingerbread is running faster than Froyo on the ERIS. I thought it was over for us ERIS users. Feels like I just got a new phone. Real exciting!

You could make headlines if you added this build as an official Cyanogen ROM.

Thanks again!

Stonent

Apr 14, 2010
jasonthepcmd.blogspot.com
Here's something interesting. I still use the old FancyWidget 1.3.0 that was pulled off the market for infringing on HTC's flip-clock/weather look. I reinstall the APK every time I flash a new rom that doesn't have Sense.

In this rom (I don't recall if I tried it in KGB) the flip-clock is there but the weather is missing so it looks like just a clock.

If I tap the empty weather area, it says "No forecast details found"

I realize that I'm nuts if I plan on thinking that this widget will continue to run forever on future versions of Android, but I was wondering if anyone else had used the old FancyWidget?

Izeltokatl

So far i've had no reason to not use this as my new daily ROM. GPS, Camera, MMS all working great. Full gapps (now with yahoo sync). corporate email working great. Gallery is actually bareable and "seems" faster than on froyo (Rotate works). battery life is on par so far. I think Gingerbread was meant for the Eris. Swype is solid all around, with no lagg. Launcher Pro transitions are fast (set them to 9). corporate wifi working fine.

although the following apps don't seem to work, but I assume they haven't updated there code to support GB just yet:
Autostarts (great for blocking apps before they start up on boot, aka faster OS load time)

Last edited:

It IS Lupus

Jun 26, 2010
So, things are great so far. Minor bugs.

When installing apps via mybackup root or titanium some apps Such as handcent force closes but installs from market work. And angry birds disappeared from the market.

Also the cm7 themes work but are sized wrong and make this rom extremely laggy.

Sent from my GSBv1.2 using XDA App

teltron

Jul 21, 2010
Miami, FL
Here's something interesting. I still use the old FancyWidget 1.3.0 that was pulled off the market for infringing on HTC's flip-clock/weather look. I reinstall the APK every time I flash a new rom that doesn't have Sense.

In this rom (I don't recall if I tried it in KGB) the flip-clock is there but the weather is missing so it looks like just a clock.

If I tap the empty weather area, it says "No forecast details found"

I realize that I'm nuts if I plan on thinking that this widget will continue to run forever on future versions of Android, but I was wondering if anyone else had used the old FancyWidget?

I'm using Fancy Widget v1.2.5 and it works fine. I don't have a link for you but if you can find that version it might work for you.

gemro311

Mar 6, 2010
On Land
GPS keeps Quitting..Only Issue

Shed...This ROM is a beast. Only issue is the GPS keeps losing it's signal . No matter what I attempt to do. Will redo the maps and try again tomorrow. Battery life is a little better than Froyo, but really hard to tell with all the tweaking and reboots and GPS always running right now trying to figure out why it doesn't work . You did mention earlier that CM7 was still in Beta? Could that be causing the GPS to quit , due to issues with that? Google talk now works , even over Wifi..same with MMS .

You are a true GEM:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMOD 7.2 [Gingerbread 2.3.7] for the HTC Eris

Thanks to...

Conap - for being one of the best people I know on the internet, and a great Mentor. You're the best, man!
    Cyanogen & Team Douche - for all the hours of awesome work they do
    gnarlyc - for helping pin down the camera and gps issue
    The Hero Crowd - for doing awesome dev work that has helped us eris devs greatly
    bftb0 - for the Undead call Fix Script
    MOS95B - for the awesome file hosting server
    Tazz - for the tiny gapps package
    CondemnedSoul - for the qcom lib & Maps 5.2
    MongooseHelix - for deving and sharing with me, awesome guy.
    zach.xtr - for the great Cache2Cache Script
    sonnysekhon & boykioy - for the ICS theming
    HaRdC0r3 - for loads of tweaks
    Anyone that has donated! - I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

5.jpg
    6.jpg

7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg

|| Android Gingerbread 2.3.7 - CyanogenMOD 7.2
    || Sync'd with CM7 source & compiled on 03-24-2012
    || Conap's Unreleased CFS Kernel clocked @ max:604mhz - min:245mhz Governor: ondemand (try smartass gov for better batt life)
    || Undead Call Fix by bftb0
    || GO-LauncherEX
    || Odexed!
    || Bootanimation Credit: Adam2010

As everyone should know...
    always nandroid backup before flashing anything...
    and know what you're doing...
    dev's are not responsible for your actions...

Instructions ...
    || Boot in recovery...
    || Do a full wipe of data+dalvik...
    || Flash GSB...
    || REBOOT...
    || let phone settle for a bit, come back and setup...

Yell out in joy, that our End of Life Eris has GB on it! :D

THINGS TO NOTE:

Gallery3D was removed in 4.5-Final because the ICS rotations added to the cm repos borked it.
    Please download & install QuickPic after flash if you want to view pictures.

Do NOT flash gapps: it will remove Maps 5.2 and then you're on your own if the new Maps gives you problems.
    Google Search icon is missing: just apply the "ice cream san" theme in the app drawer.

|||DIRECT DOWNLOADS|||

GSB v4.5-Final CM7.2

||| Downloads: ODEXED - md5sum
    ||| Mirror: >> Dev-Host.org <<

WALLPAPER - should already be on your sdcard in GSB-Extras/wallpaper.

Please donate something if you like my efforts. I truly appreciate it!
    DONATE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can follow me on twitter @w0rkshed

SOURCE
    KERNEL
    FIXES/CHANGELOG

v4.5-Final
    • This will be my final release for this phone. It's been fun!
    • Sync'd with cm repos and freshly compiled
    • REMOVED the 3Dgallery: the ICS rotations borked it, download and install QuickPic
    • added all the ring lock styles
    • added disable scrolling-cache
    • added custom carrier label
    • added ICS transitions
    • added improved scrolling cache [ported from ICS]
    • made the ICS theme default upon initial flash
    • updated vending to Google Play
    • too much to list everything, check the cm nightly changelog for full details...
    v4.4 Fixes/Changes
    • Bumped to RC1
    • Chinese characters should be fixed
    • Cleaned up framework
    • Updated some apps
    v4.3 Fixes/Changes
    • Bumped to CM7.2.0-RC0
    • Recompiled CFS Kernel: added tun.ko & cifs.ko modules (both confirmed working)
    • Fixed Minimal Lockscreen Style
    • Quicker screen off animation (reboot phone after initial setup)
    • Overall smaller footprint
    v4.2 Fixes/Changes
    • No more LauncherPro: Until Fede updates LP, I am going with Go-launcher as stock. I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone.
    • Theme packages are on sdcard in "GSB-Extras" you must install them and then apply them both (1 is for the t-mobile ThemeChooser and 1 is for go-launcher)
    • Added Maps 5.2 to ROM: UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK, you could lose Maps function with newer updates.
    • Hard themed the lockscreen to look ICS-ish. NOTE: Phone slide lock has a white circle around it, I know, but I kind of like it :)
    • All theme credits besides the lockscreen jog dials (me) go to sonnysekhon & boykioy
    • Turned down max cpu to 604 - removed hardcoded mem values and turned off compcache & jit since it was causing some problems. You can always re-enable them.
    • Removed: CMwallpapers, CM themes & Rom Manager
    • Added Honeycomb lockscreen clock font & ICS Roboto font
    v4.1 Fixes/Changes
    • out of RC phase
    • updated mainline to android 2.3.7
    • now set by default: compcache=18% Jit=On VM heap size=48m NOTE: you can turn these off in cyanogen mod settings if you experience slowdowns
    • rotation to landscape fixed: changed the libGLES_qcom in source to build working libGLES_android.so, thanks to CS for pointing it out in his fix.
    • yes, no ring lag script is still in there ;)
    v4.0 Fixes/Changes
    • Fixed built in CM screenshot (hold power key and select in menu)
    • Updated fingerprint to 2.3.5
    • Added the no_ring_lag script, thanks computerfreek and klobkelosh (EDIT: ODEX version doesn't have the no_ring_lag script, you can install it on your own and test if you'd like.)
    • Still have home screen redraws after reboot, that so called "fix" isn't working, just use Zeps V6 script - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276
    • Here are all the official CM changes since GSB 3.8 - http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged,n,z

Archived Fixes/Changes
    Extra Downloads! - Provided by: MOS95b

These are all .apks and will need to go in system/app
    Use a file explorer with su permissions or adb
    Or just place them on your sdcard and press to install

Since I removed CM7 Themes: Androidian & Cyanbread
    I made flashable zip's so you can have them back if you want.

ROM Archives! - Provided by: MOS95b
    NOTE: No support for these, they're retired...
    v4.5-Final
    • This will be my final release for this phone. It's been fun!
    • Sync'd with cm repos and freshly compiled
    • REMOVED the 3Dgallery: the ICS rotations borked it, download and install QuickPic
    • added all the ring lock styles
    • added disable scrolling-cache
    • added custom carrier label
    • added ICS transitions
    • added improved scrolling cache [ported from ICS]
    • made the ICS theme default upon initial flash
    • updated vending to Google Play
    • too much to list everything, check the cm nightly changelog for full details...
    THINGS TO NOTE:

Gallery3D was removed in 4.5-Final because the ICS rotations added to the cm repos borked it.
    Please download & install QuickPic after flash if you want to view pictures.

Do NOT flash gapps: it will remove Maps 5.2 and then you're on your own if the new Maps gives you problems.
    Google Search icon is missing: just apply the "ice cream san" theme in the app drawer.

|||DIRECT DOWNLOADS|||

GSB v4.5-Final CM7.2

||| Downloads: ODEXED - md5sum
    ||| Mirror: >> Dev-Host.org <<

I love you all ;) thank you for so many fun times!
    I should be getting a rezound soon, right now I'm releasing for the tbolt still.

See you around?

-shed
    Wow, ok, so I got a TON of PM's ... I really had no idea so many people loved this ROM. I'm going to try and stick with you all for a bit longer and keep releasing updates, I'll see how it goes.

This is in response to all the PM's & comments lol ... made me feel bad ;)