android red triangle with exclamation mark

Search This thread

Julian Sark

Dec 27, 2007
Hi, I install new official ROM on my Desire Z. And something is wrong. On screen is just red triangel. Phone is frozen. When i go to bootloader, nothings happend. Recovery doesnt work

Anybody help me...please.

xArcane1x

Apr 11, 2011
Los Angeles
I assume your phone is rooted. Here is what I can provide so far and hopefully help fix your situation

In order for this to work you have to have recovery working. I'm sure your phone has died by now or you have at least done a battery pull. If so try these steps

1. Make sure G2 is off and plugged in Via USB on your computer

2. Push and hold the VOLUME DOWN BUTTON while also pushing down and holding the POWER BUTTON. After a few seconds it should boot into bootloader

IF STEP NUMBER 1 DOES NO SUCCEED THEN THE NEXT STEPS WILL NOT APPLY AND SORRY THAT I HAVE NO OTHER KNOWLEDGE TO FIX

3. Using the volume rocker, select recovery and push the power button to accept

4. You should now be in recovery

5. Using the volume rocker or track pad, navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset, push track pad to select, track pad to accept "yes I want to want" (or something along those lines :p)

6. After data has been wiped navigate to Wipe Cache and do same as above

7. Navigate to storage and mounts, scroll down to mount storage and select

8. Your SD should now appear on your computer and freely view your SD card as normal.

9. Check to see if the Rom zip that you used is still on your SD card, if not. Drop on the root of your SD card. The root of your SD card is basically the location which when your SD first opens up on your computer that shows all the folders. Just drop it Anywhere

10. Back to the G2, unmount storage

11. Press back until you are back to the main Recovery page

12. Navigate to advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache

13. Back to Main Recovery Page

14. Select Install Zip

15. Select install zip from sd card

16. Select the Rom Zip, then Yes I want To Install

17. Back to Main recovery Page

18. Reboot System

19. Smile and say, "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY" :D