[HOLY CRAP][SPRINT P100] Stock to CM10 JellyBean - Complete Walkthrough

Search This thread

throwback1718

Jul 23, 2006
Brooklyn
OnePlus 11
What's the best options for keeping ICS running smoothly? A lot of basic things eat the memory up so quickly. And it ends up moving sluggish. It rebooted only once and got stuck in sleep mode once...

My only issue is that the gallery, and the music player sometimes don't pick up the files on the SD card. I would go to the gallery and nothing is there. Same for music app. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

throwback1718

Jul 23, 2006
Brooklyn
OnePlus 11
I think this thing bricked my tab!

Today it was working fine, then it went into permasleep mode. I shut it off, then restarted it. It stayed at that moving splash screen for a loonnng time. I kept turning it off and putting it back on and it didnt change.

So i left out, came back home and its dead. not charging. not even going into CWM
I enjoyed this for the 2-3 days I had it. now im stuck... any suggestions?

o0_0o

Feb 10, 2012
I do follow your instructions, the error "enscryption unscuccessfull". I tried again several times, still the same.
My previous machine was a disease I have not found out how to fix it force close error. help me with. Thanks a lot
sprint sph p100

Last edited:

BroadcastDoc

Jul 12, 2008
So yeah, it's working wonderfully!

One question though - what happens if you *don't* edit those first three lines? The only way I could flash the file is if I didn't do the edit. I tried all kind of ways to make it work - use the provided file, open the zip after putting on the CD card...everything! It simply would not install unless left alone.

So, is my tab going to blow up? ;-)

At any rate - thumbs up to the OP! :cool:

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com

One question though - what happens if you *don't* edit those first three lines? The only way I could flash the file is if I didn't do the edit. I tried all kind of ways to make it work - use the provided file, open the zip after putting on the CD card...everything! It simply would not install unless left alone.

Nothing. If it worked it works. Those 3 lines were causing an error message when flashing. Build 5 flashed fine but for some reason build 7 gave fits.

There is also some new builds up. Fyi

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: BroadcastDoc

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
I think this thing bricked my tab!

Today it was working fine, then it went into permasleep mode. I shut it off, then restarted it. It stayed at that moving splash screen for a loonnng time. I kept turning it off and putting it back on and it didnt change.

So i left out, came back home and its dead. not charging. not even going into CWM
I enjoyed this for the 2-3 days I had it. now im stuck... any suggestions?

You'll have to download Gingerbread from Samsung and flash it back to stock. There should be threads about getting back to stock, flashing through hiemdall.

Go back to stock and try again. Make sure you factory reset before flashing ICS. Going from gingerbread to ics requires a fresh start.

Dungeon47

Oct 2, 2010
The Mountains
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
I got this to work, but a little differently. First, you need to make the same adjustments to the installer-script for Build5 as well. just remove the lines as detailed here: http://xdaforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1485296.html

Secondly, i wasn't ever able to get Kies or Heimdall to work, but this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17817293&postcount=3

Worked perfectly. Just follow the directions. You'll need to download the 200MB Stock+Odin1.7. Just use Odin to get the kernel on, copy the four zips mentioned in the OP here, and flash as directed after you mod BOTH Build5 and Build7 installer-script files. It sounds complicated, but it worked first time for me. Double check your work, and remember that after you flash Build7, you CANNOT restore old nandroid backups as they aren't compatible with MDT.

Cheers, and give credit to the OP.

jmacdonald19

Jul 12, 2008
Minneapolis
This worked perfectly for me, step by step. Thanks so much for this. At least ONE of my tablets is running ICS now!

(*grumble toshiba thrive mumble grumble*)

huck

Feb 20, 2007
Worked great for me. It was really easy to follow the instructions, thanks a lot. Only problem I have is now my camera won't work. All of the pictures it takes just come out as a gray square.

zoggynog

May 7, 2012
Thanks Joescan for the link...

Works great. One little question for anyone who knows.

Is there a WPA Supplicant file that will enable ad hoc mode under ICS?

I'm sadly still using my OG Droid to tether my Galaxy Tab when I can't find a wifi hotspot.

greatdaneduke

Apr 18, 2012
Awesome directions...This is my 3rd ROM, I am beginning to feel comfortable doing it.
I have an issue with the camera (SCH-I800). When I take a photo I get nothing but a grey panel.
FYI...GPS does work.
Updated with ICS Nightly, all things working nicely.

Last edited:

greatdaneduke

Apr 18, 2012
If not mistaken, using CWM, download rom to sdcard, install rom from sdcard, attach gapps if asked, and CWM does the rest. I hope this helps.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA

black7

Oct 30, 2008
Is there a Sprint patch that works with the latest v10.1? Tried the patch in the original post but it gets stuck on boot animation once applied.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CM10 is now available.

Requirements: Root

From rooted stock or a custom rom, just download and install updated Rom Manager from the Play Store and download CM10 Nightly and GAPPS. Reboot into ClockWorkMod, factory wipe, disable signature check, flash CM10 twice. The first time partitions our tabs and reboots. Flashing a second time is for good measure. Then flash GAPPS. Done.

Note: I am not sure if Rom Manager can flash ClockworkMod directly. I personally updated from ICS > CM10 by downloading CM10 and GAPPS through GooManager and flashing manually in ClockWorkMod.

Its been reported that you can go directly from rooted stock to CM10. I've actually completed everything below to get to ICS first (Stock > ICS > CM10 JB).

CM10 is a much better experience. The tab works much better, doesn't freak out, lasts longer, plays better.

Wow. Lots of different, confusing, and scattered information about how to go from stock Gingerbread to the latest CM9 build. It is all very confusing and honestly most of the useful information isn't even on this site. So I figured I would help myself (and others) in creating a very detailed walkthrough of the process required to successfully get from GB to CM9 Build 7.

**This specifically outlines the methods to take a COMPLETELY STOCK Sprint Galaxy Tab 7" SPH-P100, unrooted, to a ICE CREAM SANDWICH rom. I "think" it might also work for the Verizon CDMA and a few others. I think the ROM itself is a general overall generic build for all 7" Gtabs. So heads up that if you have a different version, you might want to use this as a guide rather then a step-by-step.**

BACKUP EVERYTHING YOU MAY NEED BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY THIS PROCESS WILL FORMAT YOUR GALAXY TAB

GET CONNECTED!
    We need to download Heimdall's App and his Drivers (Main URL). This is the first confusing steps as everyone suggests using an older version, but the included drivers don't work on newer Windows OS's. So you have to mix and match a few different versions to get it working. I've already compiled an archive with everything you need: Heimhall Mixture /w zImage & ClockWorkMod 5.0.2.7
    1. Extract everything to a simple folder [ex. C:\GTABICS ]
    2. Turn off Gtab. Hold VolDown+Power until you get to a downloading screen
    3. C:\GTABICS\Drivers\zadiag.exe to load drivers [try running as Administrator]
    4. C:\GTABICS\heimdall-frontend.exe to start the process
    5. Kind of confusing. Focus on the "BROWSE" buttons. Look for "Kernel(zImage)" on the left and "Recovery" on the right. Hit browse for each one and select the appropriate file from C:\GTABICS. Obviously "Kernel(zImage)" = "zImage" and "Recovery" = "recovery.bin".
    6. Make sure Kernel(zImage) and Recovery both have files selected and a checked box. While GTAB is at the black Downloading screen: Hit "START".
    7. The process is pretty fast. Don't rush. At this point your tab will probably just bootloop anyway.

LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD
    Now you have ClockWorkMod installed and a proper kernel, most flashers will feel really at ease right now. But there are a few little quirks that will cause this to go bad. You have to install 2 versions of ICS to get to the latest; One using the existing partition table, and a second that will update to a newer format. You obviously have to install GAPPS like always with a CM rom, but not so fast, you have to manually "MOUNT /SYSTEM" in CWM before it will even take. And there is the fact that you have to manually open and edit the CM9 Build7 update and remove code....[holy crap].

But it is pretty easy once you go through it once.

REQUIRED FILES
    JT1136 CM9 V5
    JT1136 CM9 V7 UPDATE
    GAPPS

Prepare CM9 v7 Update
    1. On your PC, open "update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-galaxytab7c-KANG-BUILD7.zip" and browse to META-INF\com\google\android
    2. Copy "updater-script" to your desktop and open with Notepad and remove the first 3 lines or just Download it.
    3. Drag and drop the update-script back into the META-INF\com\google\android folder, overwriting the existing one.

If all goes well, you are now done with the PC.

COPY FILES AND FLASH
    1. Copy Build5, the new Build7, and GAPPS to your microSD card.
    2. Boot into ClockWorkMod: Power off. Hold VOLUP + POWER
    3. Factory Reset / clear cache / wipe Dalvik Cache / Breathe
    4. Flash zip from SDCard: locate Build5 and Flash
    5. Factory Reset / clear cache / wipe Dalvik Cache / Breathe
    5.5 [OPTIONAL] You should be able to boot into ICS at this point if you want to make sure build5 flashed properly before upgrading to build7
    6. Flash zip from SDCard: locate Build7 and Flash

At this step, my GTab rebooted in the middle of the process the first time. It freaked me out but I assume (now) that since it changed the partition tables, it needed to reset. So I did it a second time just to be safe:

7. Flash zip from SDCard: locate Build7 and Flash
    8. Factory Reset / clear cache / wipe Dalvik Cache / Breathe

Congrats. You should have a working bootable CM9 build. But lets flash GAPPS so we have our Google services. This is tricky.

9. Mounts and Storage > Mount /System
    10. Flash zip from SDCard: locate GAPPS and Flash.
    11. Finally [!] reset device and prepare for boot.

Now you are on the latest CM9 build [7] and have the latest GAPPS installed. Hopefully you are booting now and see the famous ICS Boot Animation. Have fun. In the future you should be able to simply download new roms as they are available and flash normally like you would any other device.

RECAP:
    Drivers and Flash Tool
    Pre-Edited updater-script

UPDATES
    Convert to Sprint
    The above procedure will set your Tab as a Verizon version. If you plan on using the Sprint cellular service or just want everything to match, then flash this via ClockWorkMod.

****************************************​

I didn't do any development work. All credit goes to Heimdall for his fantastic Recovery Flasher and jt1136 for his great stills porting this awesome rom over to our Galaxy Tabs. All I did was bump and grind my way through to see a successful working flash. I figured if I didn't post a walkthrough here, I would hate myself in 6 months when I boink something up and have to do this all over again. I would recommend you keeping all of the files safe somewhere to prevent this headache again.

DONATE TO JT1134
    DONATE TO HEIMDALL

MAIN HEIMDALL URL
    MAIN ROM URL
    I don't know what happened but whenever I try to turn on the wi-fi, I turns off immediately.

I tried reinstalling your CM9 SPRINT DOWNLOAD 20120518 twice. I also made sure the data was cleared. Maybe this has got to do with the tab I have. :D

I'll look into it, see if I can get the same result.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE TO ABOVE: I Odin back to EF17, flashed the recovery from the OP to get CWM5 and then flashed my SPRINT CM9 I Modded from above. All works fine. Wifi work, no lags or hangs. Very nice.

DOWNLOADS:
    CM9 SPRINT DOWNLOAD 20120518. (Aka Build10)
    GAPPS DOWNLOAD 20120317

BELOW I EDITED THE OP INFO A LITTLE- REBUILT HOW TO: :)
    GET CONNECTED!
    I've already compiled an archive with everything you need: Heimhall w/ zImage & CWM 5.0.2.7 DOWNLOAD!!
    1. Extract everything to a simple folder [ex. C:\GTABICS ]
    2. Turn off Gtab. Hold VolDown+Power until you get to a downloading screen
    3. C:\GTABICS\Drivers\zadiag.exe to load drivers [try running as Administrator]
    - (Options Menu - List all devices. )
    4. C:\GTABICS\heimdall-frontend.exe to start the process
    5. Kind of confusing. Focus on the "BROWSE" buttons. Look for "Kernel(zImage)" on the left and "Recovery" on the right. Hit browse for each one and select the appropriate file in C:\GTABICS. Obviously "Kernel(zImage)" = "zImage" and "Recovery" = "recovery.bin".
    6. Make sure Kernel(zImage) and Recovery both have files selected and a checked box. While GTAB is at the black Downloading screen: Hit "START".
    7. The process is pretty fast. Don't rush. At this point your tab will probably just boot-loop or boot but act funny.

COPY FILES AND FLASH
    1. Boot into ClockWorkMod: Power off. Hold VOLUP + POWER
    2. In Mounts / Storage, Mount USB Storage and Copy Build10 and GAPPS to the SD Card.
    3. Factory Reset / clear cache / wipe Dalvik Cache
    4. Flash zip from SDCard: locate Build10 and Flash
    - It will restart into CM9, just restart into recovery for step 5
    5. Flash zip from SDCard: locate GAPPS and Flash

Congrats. You should have a working bootable CM9 build.

Good luck!

Credits to the obvious... :)
    Hey I have Sprint p-100 tab imported from USA and m using it in India..where I don't need any feature like phone or sms, only a proper WIFI and camera and video recording device..I think it came as rooted as kernel its showing right now is '2.6.35.7 k.shridhar@sep-33#2' and ROM is 2.3.4..I intend to flash ICS on my tab , so will it create any issue of I carry out your procedure without Sprint network anywhere in India..pls help and pls upload the link of drivers to connect it to my laptop..m using win 7 64 bit...And also which cwm can I flash in my tab initially..
    Also please tell if I have to modify any step for my tab

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

All of the files are in the OP.

pvaldeben said:
    During process in Prepare CM9 v7 Update
    3) Removing the first 3 lines from "updater-script":
    The downloaded did not work I guess because it is of type text and in the zip its type file. Either way it was good to use as a reference since I would have no clue what the 1st 3 lines are. so edited original file then the zip worked

This is in the OP. I actually uploaded and linked to an already modded file. ;)

As far as the rest, I didn't have to boot into build5 before flashing build7. It probably wouldn't hurt though and would be best just to see if you successfully flashed ICS before upgrading to build7. I'll add this to the OP because it is a good idea to boot build5 before wasting your time on build7.

I also don't recall having to switch signature verification but that is a good tip in case you have problems. Typically when the signature is screwed up, I hesitate to flash it. The signature probably changed when you edited the "updater-script".

Nothing. If it worked it works. Those 3 lines were causing an error message when flashing. Build 5 flashed fine but for some reason build 7 gave fits.

There is also some new builds up. Fyi

Glad it worked. My son killed his Samsung a long time ago so nice to see this method still works.

Has anyone gotten cm11 to work yet?

I have been stable on CM11 for so long I cant remember when I last flashed it. In only use the WiFi connection and don't have a sprint account to see if it has network connection. I did replace the battery so I get great battery life. I checked my about tablet:
    1) it says its a SCH-I800 but its a Sprint Tab.
    2) Android version 4.4.2
    3) Kernel Version is:
    3.0.101-HumberOS-v1.54.01097 - g8ec4b9e
    terenceeng@TerenceNg-iMac # 4
    Sun Jan 12 10:48:13 SGT 2014
    4) CyanagenMod version:
    5) Build Date: Sat Jan 11 21:49:06 SGT 2014
    6) Build Number: cm_p1c-userdebug 4.4.2 KOT49H -20140111 test-keys

link: read op on how to flash on sprint tab 7
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2535646
    I use my Tab 7 mostly as alarm clock and to play clash of clans
    Hope this help sprint tab users.