YouTube Panel

Search This thread

Mole91

Nov 1, 2008
Hi,

Here it is, the Youtube Panel!
If you want to use it, first you have to install Youtube of zenkinz:
I think I may have found the fix. It's a combination of registry plus system files.

If anybody has done his/her research in this area, please share as well.

Otherwise, I will test out further before sharing the fix.

Update 11/12/2008:
Minor update to the CAB, CAB no longer hard code to \Windows directory, but I have not tried if it works on storage card.

The cab file can be found here

Update 26/11/2008:
I have created a patch CAB to restore the 8 system files that were overwritten by the original Youtube CAB. This is probably the last resort before having to hard reset to get Youtube working (if you had previously installed Youtube before)

Update 18/11/2008:
I have created a patch CAB, if you do not wish to hard-reset your Xperia to install the X1i-Youtube.cab. But let me know if it works for you, because while this patch CAB does correct the problematic registry entries, it does not correct the 8 system files that the original youtube CAB has overwritten.

Update 17/11/2008:
Build a CAB that works fine after I hard reset my phone (after umpteen times of hard reset!)
And now you install the YouTube.cab!
At least you can choose the Youtube Panel normally in the Panel display.

Attachments

• YouTube.CAB
    693.8 KB · Views: 12,834

emwdava

Sep 22, 2008
Alingsås
Nice work.. But I'm having trouble getting to work. Can you specify exactly which files to install and in what order.

The panel loads, it says "opening" at the bottom for a few seconds and then the desktop goes all white. The taskbar and bottom bar are still visible so it's not a system hang or anything. I just think I may have missed to install something.

Mole91

Nov 1, 2008
You have to install first the Youtube file of zenkinz!
You have to instal it on the device not on the storage card.
And you have to change the youtube.409.mui to your countrycode (for example germany = youtube.407.mui).
You find this file in the windows directory!
Then you install the panel and it is running for me!

I hope it works for you, too!

Last edited:

at45

Oct 31, 2008
There will almost certainly be an official Youtube Panel soon. Youtube is owned by Google, who own a rival OS, but this hasn't stopped them making apps for other mobile OSs.

rotsu

Nov 30, 2008
Question:

I have the youtube program installed and works great. What does the other youtube.CAB do? just turn it into a panel?

or does it add something worthy by turning it into a panel?

Just asking cuz i dont need to turn it into a panel if the app works just fine.

Thanks btw.

Cheekbone

Oct 22, 2008
www.filmonair.com
Question:

I have the youtube program installed and works great. What does the other youtube.CAB do? just turn it into a panel?

or does it add something worthy by turning it into a panel?

Just asking cuz i dont need to turn it into a panel if the app works just fine.

Thanks btw.

1. It loads the panel > starts the youtube app.

2a. If you close the youtube app, you get a blank panel.

2b. If you hit the X-panel button, the youtube app keeps running and you go to the panel page.

foxvengeor

Nov 20, 2008
When i run the panel it's keep white...
I can't find the youtube.409.mui and i don't know the countrycode for france :confused:. I've already installed the first cab...

help plz :p

[EDIT] no its ok now... Work like a charm

Last edited:

taagy

Mar 26, 2008
Noob question: How do you edit the .mui file ? I tried with ActiveSync but it doesn't let me do it.

gold333

Dec 27, 2008
Quick question.

The youtube app referenced on post 1 works great, apart from the annoying 1 pixel white border left and bottom on full screen (on the X1).

Does this panel display version fix that?

Raymoendo

Jan 6, 2009
xperia youtube panel

heey

i"ve got the same problem with that white screen
and i did first instal the zenkins and then the panel but i can't find where i can chance my countrycode ( netherlands)

CaptnSpaulding

Jan 6, 2009
I forgot to change the code and installed both .cab files. Youtube panel is working but when I select a video it just stays on the 'connecting' screen after turning to landscape mode.
Is this because I didn't rename that file?

If so, anyone have a dummies guide to changing it to the UK code?

Thanks

A X1 noob.. :eek: