[Q] 66.5MB AT&T software update?

Search This thread

APeter001

Aug 21, 2013
Hi,

Just for grins I clicked software update to see if there was anything available it came up and downloaded a 66MB update file. Anyone know what it is?

I am not the guinea pig for this, don't want to break root by accident. I'm currently on NC9 4.4.2 rooted by Sunderwear's method.

Hi,

Just for grins I clicked software update to see if there was anything available it came up and downloaded a 66MB update file. Anyone know what it is?

I am not the guinea pig for this, don't want to break root by accident. I'm currently on NC9 4.4.2 rooted by Sunderwear's method.

That is a update file that will update the phone from NC9 to NE3. It is an update that is supposed to fix all the things that the original 4.4.2 update broke. If you could, would you mind uploading the cfg file that is located in /cache/fota/?

We have the file that will update ML2 to NE3 (485MB), but we don't have this one. It would be a huge help if you could grab that file before it installs itself.

To answer your question about root, I'm going to bet that it will fail to install because you have root. But if it does install then you will most definitely lose root, however we have a root method for NE3 that can be found in this thread.

Please, please, please try to get that file, it would be a huge help.

APeter001

Aug 21, 2013
That is a update file that will update the phone from NC9 to NE3. It is an update that is supposed to fix all the things that the original 4.4.2 update broke. If you could, would you mind uploading the cfg file that is located in /cache/fota/?

Please, please, please try to get that file, it would be a huge help.

Unable to find that location can you provide a complete path?

APeter001

Aug 21, 2013
Try /data/fota/ instead. Basically you need to find a cfg file in the fota folder but for some reason the fota folder is in a different location for different versions of firmware.

File uploaded to Google drive and PM sent. I was looking from the wrong end.. not in root files

APeter001

Aug 21, 2013
You're right, btw, it did not complete install. Hung at 25% and rebooted back to 4.4.2 root :)