Android Toolkit

Search This thread

Citizen_Snips

Apr 23, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel Watch 2
Hi, OP. I usually use ADB / fastboot commands, but I liked the look of your toolkit. I was going to download and check it out, but Chrome blocks the download every time for Malware. No other toolkit is blocked by this. Just checked to make sure. Might want to take a look at that.

Jan 30, 2013
Solin
Hi, OP. I usually use ADB / fastboot commands, but I liked the look of your toolkit. I was going to download and check it out, but Chrome blocks the download every time for Malware. No other toolkit is blocked by this. Just checked to make sure. Might want to take a look at that.

Sorry, but here is no malware, maybe it blocks because there is an exe in archive.

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
It's sad that this thread got hijacked by the pro/against toolkits discussion.

OP is a young guy, he's in Grade 8, and the fact that he wrote this piece of software is just wonderful. His Android Toolkit project won 1st place in the informatics competition for elementary schools in Croatia. Some well known Croatian web portals interviewed him and wrote about what he's doing, this can only be encouraging for other kids to pick up a programming language and step into the world of coding and software development.

One of my best friends develops for iOS , he traveled to many parts of the world and pitched his projects in many contests. He got job offers from companies in Canada and the US (a big deal when you're from a small European country). Hell, he even got to meet Steve Wozniak in London earlier this year.
So whether you like toolkits or not, give this guy credit, don't bash his efforts. A lot of opportunities and doors will open for him if he continues with development.
@GabrijelBoduljak buddy keep up the good work. Kudos for the nice Holo layout.

Jan 30, 2013
Solin
@rayiskon - thanks for the recently written post. I would also like to say that the next version will include the tutorial and detailed guide. But, this tool was made for users who really know what they are doing.

TyrionGOT

Jul 3, 2014
save time? it takes seconds to unlock your bootloader and flash a custom recovery via fastboot(the right way) and not via a toolkit.

Indeed, why have a nice and easy-to-use interface for anything? You should definitely put down someone's effort to increase ease of use because people should use manual command line interface for everything. Icons? Install files? Silly nonsense. It's so easy to launch a program by command or pack an install file. So much more control and knowledge. :rolleyes: It's precisely this mentality that held the Linux community to a marginal group for so many years.

OP: Thanks for the sleek program and pleasant interface. Great work on this.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Indeed, why have a nice and easy-to-use interface for anything? You should definitely put down someone's effort to increase ease of use because people should use manual command line interface for everything. Icons? Install files? Silly nonsense. It's so easy to launch a program by command or pack an install file. So much more control and knowledge. :rolleyes: It's precisely this mentality that held the Linux community to a marginal group for so many years.

OP: Thanks for the sleek program and pleasant interface. Great work on this.

great, you replied to a two month old post in a dead thread.

and yes, what are YOU going to tell all those that learned absolutely nothing because of using the toolkit, yet cry about their phone being "bricked" because it won't pass the bootscreen. yet all it would take is some simple maintenance that they didn't learn just because they were lazy and used the toolkit. and end up throwing their perfectly good phones away because of it?

yea, nice first post of yours.

Reactions: danarama and Elluel

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
great, you replied to a two month old post in a dead thread.

and yes, what are YOU going to tell all those that learned absolutely nothing because of using the toolkit, yet cry about their phone being "bricked" because it won't pass the bootscreen. yet all it would take is some simple maintenance that they didn't learn just because they were lazy and used the toolkit. and end up throwing their perfectly good phones away because of it?

yea, nice first post of yours.

Alternatively, let's promote the use of toolkits, get jobs as "garbage men" and really reap the rewards ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: aramil
G

GuestK0087

The truth is often unkind. The bottom line is, toolkits do NOT promote knowledge. They promote laziness. Then the forums fill up with "HELP" or "CRYING" or "MY PHONE IS BRICKED" threads. When the painful truth is, if the user knew just the slightest bit of information about fastboot, they could fix their own problem. While I give kudos to the OP for his creation, especially for someone so young, I still, and will continue, to strongly recommend that users avoid toolkits and learn how to use fastboot and ADB commands.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stewartk

Sep 21, 2010
lancaster
The truth is often unkind. The bottom line is, toolkits do NOT promote knowledge. They promote laziness. Then the forums fill up with "HELP" or "CRYING" or "MY PHONE IS BRICKED" threads. When the painful truth is, if the user knew just the slightest bit of information about fastboot, they could fix their own problem. While I give kudos to the OP for his creation, especially for someone so young, I still, and will continue, to strongly recommend that users avoid toolkits and learn how to use fastboot and ADB commands.

I know how to use fastboot and adb but I choose to use kits sometimes . does that make me thick or not willing to learn. If u know how tool kits work its only batch files and scripts to save u doing it yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

Koopa777

May 18, 2012

It's not even like they need to be command line gurus...adb push/pull, adb/fastboot devices, fastboot flash, adb/fastboot reboot, adb bugreport/taking a logcat....that's practically all you need to fix 99% of issues. :D

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info

I don't know why you've quoted me. I think you didn't see the sarcasm in my post. :angel::silly:

Anyways, enough of OT! Outa here! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am really happy to share my new project with you and contribute to this great forum. I have been developing this project for a half of a year and I have finished about one month ago. I am proud to announce you that I have finished Android Toolkit. :D

Android Toolkit is an app for Android device managment and modification. It has a built in ADB Tools, Fastboot Tools and custom recovery flasher and much more. There is also support for Remote ADB control. There is also Android ADB Backup/Restore tool and Root Exploit (only installs Superuser.apk in system). Currently, there are only 3 devices for recovery flashing and TWRP flashing is still in development.

A whole project was developed using C# and WPF technology. You need to have installed .Net Framework 4.5 to run this app.

Home
    Home.png

Home enables running other tools from app and updating the database.

Devices
    Devices.png

Device shows the latest info about your device and validates root permissions of your device.

ADB
    ADB.png

RemoteADB.png

Fastboot
    Fastboot.png

Advanced
    Advanced.png

Recovery master
    RecoveryMaster.png

Device restore
    DeviceRestore.png

Zip flasher
    ZipFlasher.png

Code:
    Download:
    [URL="https://onedrive.live.com/download?resid=208A5A6CB2859845%211235"]Download[/URL]

I will appreciate any kind of a suggestion or a critic because I am 15 and I think that this project can help you.
    Web
    Code:
    Nexus 5 is added because this app would best fit with all Google Nexus devices.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Toolkit, a Tool/Utility for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    GabrijelBoduljak

Version Information

Created 2014-03-21
    Last Updated 2014-05-04
    It's sad that this thread got hijacked by the pro/against toolkits discussion.

OP is a young guy, he's in Grade 8, and the fact that he wrote this piece of software is just wonderful. His Android Toolkit project won 1st place in the informatics competition for elementary schools in Croatia. Some well known Croatian web portals interviewed him and wrote about what he's doing, this can only be encouraging for other kids to pick up a programming language and step into the world of coding and software development.

One of my best friends develops for iOS , he traveled to many parts of the world and pitched his projects in many contests. He got job offers from companies in Canada and the US (a big deal when you're from a small European country). Hell, he even got to meet Steve Wozniak in London earlier this year.
    So whether you like toolkits or not, give this guy credit, don't bash his efforts. A lot of opportunities and doors will open for him if he continues with development.
    @GabrijelBoduljak buddy keep up the good work. Kudos for the nice Holo layout.
    great, just another root toolkit to help newbs not learn a single thing about their devices.
    New version coming

Thank you guys for feedback. I am developing new faster, and more powerful version of Android Toolkit. New features include real time command view, in the other words you will be able to see what is happening with your device in real time. Also, more devices are getting suported.
    save time? it takes seconds to unlock your bootloader and flash a custom recovery via fastboot(the right way) and not via a toolkit.

I understand this, just trying to be nice and give him some credit.