Amazon Appstore Not Allowing To Approve Permissions

Search This thread

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
Amazon Appstore appears to be working differently than on my Galaxy S3.

Both with the built in system version and the upgraded version, when I download say, the free app of the day, it automatically installs it. Previously, It would purchase it, then download it, then once it's downloaded, I got a permissions page where I could then cancel the install.

I frequently "purchase" the free app of the day to get it on my account, but then don't install it.

Is this change something different with the way GS3 works or did Amazon appstore change something. I think it's the GS3 because it happens on both version 9 pre-installed and version 10 updated.

itsjdmyo

May 18, 2006
The Amazon app currently is not compatible on my g3 :(

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

jionny

Aug 23, 2013
Ok, so I'm not the only one. So is this something unique to the G3 then and why?

Is your samsung rooted? Because I have a samsung gs3 and a Lg G pad both rooted and amazon asks for permission but it does not ask for permission on my LG G3 which is not rooted

Last edited:

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
Is your samsung rooted?

Yes, both the GS3 and G3 are rooted I don't know why it works differently in the G3.

Edit: I also just looked at an HTC One S running Jellybean/rooted and it definitely does ask to approve permissions before installing. But, what's interesting, is that, the Amazon Appstore on the One S doesn't have a setting for automatic updates. My Galaxy S3 running Kitkat also doesn't have an update for automatic updates. Both have the same Amazon Appstore version as the LG G3.

This is very strange. Why/How does LG G3 have an extra option?

Even if I disable automatic updates on the G3 Amazon Appstore, it still doesn't ask for permissions,.

Last edited:

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
Amazon actually has phone support for the appstore and I called and spoke to someone who understood the issue and opened a ticket with engineering.

Will post if I hear back.

I bet this is just some sort of bug in how the appstore works with the G3 and that they can fix this with an update.

Reactions: scurley1898

H_Mark

Jul 3, 2014
I just tried with my rooted D855, and got the permissions screen as per normal. I'm pretty sure I've had it every time I've used appstore. I suspect a carrier specific issue.

Sent from my LG G3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Amazon actually has phone support for the appstore and I called and spoke to someone who understood the issue and opened a ticket with engineering.

Will post if I hear back.

I bet this is just some sort of bug in how the appstore works with the G3 and that they can fix this with an update.