Search This thread

erpurohit

Feb 21, 2010
[SIZE=+3]Frequently Asked Questions[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Samsung Galaxy S I9000[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]This a short list of frequently asked questions in this device forum and the answers often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses. If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Q1: How do I flash and root GB 2.3.6 on Samsung Galaxy S I9000?[/SIZE]
All the things in relation to flashing GB 2.3.6 and rooting is available on the below link:-
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1637966

[SIZE=+1]Q2: How do I know if my Samsung Galaxy S I9000 is bricked or not?[/SIZE]
If you are able to go in recovery/download mode then you haven't bricked your Samsung Galaxy S I9000.

[SIZE=+1]Q3: How to go in recovery/download mode on my Samsung Galaxy S I9000?[/SIZE]
Volume UP+HOME+POWER will take you to recovery mode
Volume DOWN+HOME+POWER will take you to download mode

[SIZE=+1]Q4: What if my recovery/download modes are not working?[/SIZE]
You need to get a USB JIG and try using it.​

[SIZE=+1]Q5: What is USB JIG?[/SIZE]
This is a small device made for Samsung phones to get your phone in download mode where you are flash using odin​

[SIZE=+1]Q6: Is it always mandatory to take backup before flashing ROM?[/SIZE]
No, however, taking backup is recommended so if anything goes wrong while flashing to can restore your old version.​

[SIZE=+1]Q7: How to enable "developer options" in 4.2.2?[/SIZE]
Goto->Setting->About Phone->Click 7 times on Build number
After this you will see a pop up message saying that you are now developer.​

[SIZE=+1]Q8: Where I can find flashable modems's files?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Q9: How to make native video call on Samsung Galaxy S (I9000) on Jellybean/ICS rom, this feature was there in GB rom?[/SIZE]
This feature only comes with stock ...forums.com/announcement.php?a=81"]Forum Rules[/B] | New Users Guide | XDA Tour | Report Posts[/CENTER]​

This FAQ is part of a Recognized Contributor Group Initiative. Please look for a similar FAQ thread when visiting another device forum.
A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the production of this FAQ

Last edited:

kiempuoi

Apr 8, 2013
surabaya
video call

[SIZE=+1]This a short list of frequently asked questions in this device forum and the answers often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses. If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.[/SIZE]

All the things in relation to flashing GB 2.3.6 and rooting is available on the below link:-

[SIZE=+1]Q2: How do I know if my Samsung Galaxy S I9000 is bricked or not?[/SIZE]
If you are able to go in recovery/download mode then you haven't bricked your Samsung Galaxy S I9000.

[SIZE=+1]Q3: How to go in recovery/download mode on my Samsung Galaxy S I9000?[/SIZE]

This is a small device made for Samsung phones to get your phone in download mode where you are flash using odin​

No, however, taking backup is recommended so if anything goes wrong while flashing to can restore your old version.​

*​

This FAQ is part of a Recognized Contributor Group Initiative. Please look for a similar FAQ thread when visiting another device forum.

please help me :
iam newbie and I want to know how to make video call on my SGS I9000 with any 4.2.2 ROM, becauase there is no option tab to make video call on dialer, looks like on stock rom GB.
sorry for my bad English, Thank you very much, May GOD Blessing

AlexsamaM

Nov 27, 2011
What some good roms 4.1.2 besides mackay and cm10?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

MiraiXu

Sep 29, 2012
Telok Panglima Garang
New here:)

Hi, I'm a user of Xperia Neo V and now my friend wants me to upgrade his SGS to either ICS or JB.

Since this is my first time flashing SGS, so there are 2 questions that I want to ask :

1) Is there a kernel included inside a custom ROM?
2) Is the kernel needs to flash separately like Xperia phones? Or the kernel will flash through CWM with ROM?
3) Is the kernel or ROM requires specific version of ODIN to flash?

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad English :)

Soryuu

Aug 17, 2012
Auckland
Hi, I'm a user of Xperia Neo V and now my friend wants me to upgrade his SGS to either ICS or JB.

Since this is my first time flashing SGS, so there are 2 questions that I want to ask :

1) Is there a kernel included inside a custom ROM?
2) Is the kernel needs to flash separately like Xperia phones? Or the kernel will flash through CWM with ROM?
3) Is the kernel or ROM requires specific version of ODIN to flash?

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad English :)

1.) Yup, the roms all come with kernels
2.) The kernel will flash with the rom in recovery, and if you want to change kernel you only need to flash it in through recovery
3.) With ICS and JB, all of the roms and most of the kernels are made to be flashed through CWM/TWRP/Devil etc etc, so you won't need Odin

Sent from my GT-P7510

loveypari14

Sep 11, 2013
Don't able to send SMS with 10.2 official

Hi
I have just installed cyanogen 10.2 unofficial on my Galaxy GT-I9000. Everything is working fine expect than sending SMS on mobile carrier.
I also install GO SMS Pro but problem remain same. Can anyone help me

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Hi
I have just installed cyanogen 10.2 unofficial on my Galaxy GT-I9000. Everything is working fine expect than sending SMS on mobile carrier.
I also install GO SMS Pro but problem remain same. Can anyone help me

Follow this guide

Check this out!You , YES! you are an " Android ". Not your phone but U.

You Must watch this documentary concerning your privacy Terms & Conditions we had agreed to, by using a PC or Smartphone

How to say Thank you? If you find any post helpful on XDA, please click on the Thanks button
thanks.jpg

If you are using XDA App or Tapatalk, long press on the post and select :good: Thanks
Its easier to give "Feedback" in this manner than make an additional post.​

KW509

Jul 4, 2013
Worthing
Android 4.4.3 and Greenify

I have the latest CM11-20140607-nightly for my Galaxy S i9000. After reading about the Greenify app, is it worth installing as most of it's features seem to be built into the ROM?
I am very impressed by the quality of all the CM ROMs I have downloaded and have had only a few problems.

Luqiiiii

Jan 3, 2014
Hello,

My device is Galaxy S (M110s). I tried to install KK rom with M110s Kitkat patch tool. But some roms are not working. When i installed Slimkat rom i failed to receive calls. It not even showing any incoming call notification screen but is shows missed call notification after i missed to receive call. Please help me :crying:

amitgoel3

Dec 6, 2013
i9001 phone keep rebooting

Hello All,

I am very afraid I have Samung Galaxy I9001 I have installed Custom Rom Cynogenmod 10 but today i want to go back to 2.3.6 gingerbread.
I installed odin and added aries.ops and used I9001XXKQG_I9001XXKPL_I9001NEELE1_HOME.tar.md5 file
It passed but my phone keep rebooting it shows samsung galaxy i9001 and again go for a reboot Please help me as soon as possible.

Regards,
Amit Goyal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[SIZE=+1]Q9: How to make native video call on Samsung Galaxy S (I9000) on Jellybean/ICS rom, this feature was there in GB rom?[/SIZE]
    This feature only comes with stock ...forums.com/announcement.php?a=81"]Forum Rules[/B] | New Users Guide | XDA Tour | Report Posts[/CENTER]​

please help me :
    iam newbie and I want to know how to make video call on my SGS I9000 with any 4.2.2 ROM, becauase there is no option tab to make video call on dialer, looks like on stock rom GB.
    sorry for my bad English, Thank you very much, May GOD Blessing

Its not possible on any Jellybean/ICS rom for i9000.
    What some good roms 4.1.2 besides mackay and cm10?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Helly bean may be
    Or slimbean
    But not my ROM lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app