Accidentally deleted everything, Kindle Fire stuck in TWRP

Search This thread

llmercll

Aug 14, 2012
Yup, I got it. Once I was able to mount using TWRP it was easy from there.

PHEW!

Thanks so much guys, couldn't have done it without you :cyclops:

I installed this ROM, and it seems to be working well

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470253

I originally wanted to update my jellybean ROM because the one I had drained the battery really badly. It kept draining in sleep mode and whenever I went to use it, it was always dead. I hope this ROM does a better job with the battery.

If there's a particular ROM you guys would recommend I'd like to check it out.

thanks again!

HeroMeRoot

Jan 24, 2011
I am having the exact same problem with my Kindle, but I am a noob when it comes to command lines, ADB, etc. I have spent some time poking around Android to root my phones, but this is my first go around with the Kindle.

Some of your terminology confuses me a bit. When I turn my Kindle on, I get the Blue Fire logo and it says "press power button for boot menu", which I do. I then select "Recovery" which puts me into TWRP 2.6.3.1. In this mode, I am not able to Mount USB Storage because none of my Windows (Windows7 or XP) computers will recognize it.

So, my first question is, how were you able to flash the older TWRP if Windows won't recognize the Kindle?!? FYI - I don't have a factory cable.

The next question is what was your solution to the "updating partition details" issue?

Thanks.

llmercll

Aug 14, 2012
I am having the exact same problem with my Kindle, but I am a noob when it comes to command lines, ADB, etc. I have spent some time poking around Android to root my phones, but this is my first go around with the Kindle.

Some of your terminology confuses me a bit. When I turn my Kindle on, I get the Blue Fire logo and it says "press power button for boot menu", which I do. I then select "Recovery" which puts me into TWRP 2.6.3.1. In this mode, I am not able to Mount USB Storage because none of my Windows (Windows7 or XP) computers will recognize it.

So, my first question is, how were you able to flash the older TWRP if Windows won't recognize the Kindle?!? FYI - I don't have a factory cable.

The next question is what was your solution to the "updating partition details" issue?

Thanks.

I would go into TWRP and reboot to the bootloader. If you are connected to the PC windows should recognize the kindle while it's sitting in FFF bootload screen (blue kindle fire logo).

FFF is awesome and while sitting in the bootloader screen the device is in fastboot, which means you can open a cmd prompt and do fastboot operations. But to get to that point, just try what I mentioned in the first paragraph.

iamfluttershy

Feb 5, 2014
Lviv
Hi there!

Got same problem, and everything was fine until i needed to load ROM onto device. But when kindle in fastboot mode "adb devices" command response is blank "List of devices attached". And when i adb push ROM to /sdcard it gaves me "error: device not found" Interesting thing is that i have loaded TWRP with fastboot commands. adb_usb.ini contents:
----------------------------------------------
# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.
0x1949
-----------------------------------------------
TWRP cannot mount sdcard, Device Manager shows Android ADB Interface.

Any ideas/help please?

upd: driver seems to be working properly (made SDK installation, adding strings ti .ini files), but device list is blank anyway. Computer just don't want to see device via adb.

upd2: i found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1602560 similar problem, but there are no answer to it. It's getting really hard, because i've running out of options, trying them all and nothing is working for me. Mayday. Mayday. SOS.

upd3: i've tried everything from scratch on another PC. nothing have changed, but with help of every god in the universe TWRP mounted /sdcard and i finally managed to copy ROM and gapps, flashed them and now i'm being happy. Problem solved but question isn't answered.
Thanks everybody!

Last edited: