Epic or 3D?

Search This thread

toxicfumes22

Jun 30, 2009
Orlando
epic vs e3d is such a silly question. Its like saying should I get a Mercedes or a Ford. Nothing against Ford's but its a totally different class. The proper question should be epic vs evo4g a.k.a. Ford vs Chevy

My Ford would beat any Mercedes out there. I have a 500WHP and 550lbs of Torque Mustang GT using a 76mm turbo at only 10psi. With a full suspension overhaul it rides like a Cadillac and lowered 2" it looks intense and has a chin spoiler from CDC to increase flow to the intercooler and provide a sleek look (also has 20" chrome rims with 275 all around). For interior comfort, the entire car was coated with second skin and the outside noise and heat is reduced a lot. I have a loud exhaust and no mufflers so its loud as well but thats a sport car thing. I needed to reduce back pressure because of the turbo. Upgraded to an all Maxxsonics sound system (6k RMS Wattage :D ) using kicker wires and Jensen Head unit(Nav/bluetooth/ipod ready). I only have $28k into it and the only thing a Mercedes has on it is a better looking black (comparing coupe to coupe of course and because I hate brown tinted black).

Next time your trying to compare using cars, just use a Kia or a Honda as those are true POS (Toyota too). Also Im pretty sure a Ford GT will also dominate a Mercedes as it is a supercar. You don't need a fridge in a car.

Last edited:

Overstew

Oct 3, 2010
The Evo officially had Froyo over six months earlier than the Epic and got a GB leak a couple of weeks after the Epic got Froyo. :)

I guess it could happen though

Haha I will admit, samsung did a ****ty job on froyo, but now that we got froyo, there's been over 4 gingerbread builds for it now and the latest one leaked is very stable so it is near. :p

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

jessejames111981

Jan 29, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
My Ford would beat any Mercedes out there.

No matter how tough you are there is always someone tougher.

Most of the time better is a point of view. Sure I guess mustangs are cool. Like slide out keyboards. A lot of people prefer Samsung over HTC. Not me. I'm also the type of guy who would prefer to drive a stylish car over just going for a pure sports car

daneurysm

Jun 13, 2010
My Ford would beat any Mercedes out there. I have a 500WHP and 550lbs of Torque Mustang GT using a 76mm turbo at only 10psi. With a full suspension overhaul it rides like a Cadillac and lowered 2" it looks intense and has a chin spoiler from CDC to increase flow to the intercooler and provide a sleek look (also has 20" chrome rims with 275 all around). For interior comfort, the entire car was coated with second skin and the outside noise and heat is reduced a lot. I have a loud exhaust and no mufflers so its loud as well but thats a sport car thing. I needed to reduce back pressure because of the turbo. Upgraded to an all Maxxsonics sound system (6k RMS Wattage :D ) using kicker wires and Jensen Head unit(Nav/bluetooth/ipod ready). I only have $28k into it and the only thing a Mercedes has on it is a better looking black (comparing coupe to coupe of course and because I hate brown tinted black).

Next time your trying to compare using cars, just use a Kia or a Honda as those are true POS (Toyota too). Also Im pretty sure a Ford GT will also dominate a Mercedes as it is a supercar. You don't need a fridge in a car.

As someone who has owned one (or many more) of every brand mentioned in your post (bsides KIA) I will ignore every one of your posts from this point forward.

Car analogies are a time honored tradition on the internet....and you just ruined the entire thing by doing it wrong in addition to putting a Ford above a Honda, Toyota and Mercedes.....not to mention bragging about your kicker wires...(google for the blind test of monster cable vs coat-hangars). Kick has some legendary equipment, wires one any of them....and then proceeded to use Jensen audio in a serious.....wait a minute.... 6k RMS....

hello? Police? I think I just got trolled...

dmitriylm

Sep 1, 2006
California
As someone who has owned one (or many more) of every brand mentioned in your post (bsides KIA) I will ignore every one of your posts from this point forward.

Car analogies are a time honored tradition on the internet....and you just ruined the entire thing by doing it wrong in addition to putting a Ford above a Honda, Toyota and Mercedes.....not to mention bragging about your kicker wires...(google for the blind test of monster cable vs coat-hangars). Kick has some legendary equipment, wires one any of them....and then proceeded to use Jensen audio in a serious.....wait a minute.... 6k RMS....

hello? Police? I think I just got trolled...

Not to mention being lowered and riding like a Cadillac. Troll post for sure.

5harkology

Sep 17, 2007

My 518whp Evo X would destroy your mustang in every category you could come up with :eek:

Tbonekilla

Dec 18, 2010

Must be a slow turd. You added a coating and a massive sound system. That's a lot of weight. Nothing lowered rides like a Cadillac. Jensen head unit? Really? 28K? There are Mercedes out there stock with more horsepower and ride better than a Cadillac out there. Does your Mustang come with a mullet?

toxicfumes22

Jun 30, 2009
Orlando
Haha, You guys don't understand what I mean about beating a Mercedes. I'm stating that they are just for luxury and nothing else. yea I put a system in my car because I like that. About the Evo, I like EVO's as well, but you built your motor, and tranny I have not yet. Once I do you won't win without replacing your motor completely but then I can too and when it comes down to it, theres a reason people dont use those cars for race, they have a limit that is not as great as a muscle car. So lets apply this to the thread. My car would be like the EVO 3D and your EVO X is like the Epic (not really, I know but understand the concept). My car has much more hidden potential than your EVO. (Though I don't see how you think you would beat me on a track).

Since this forum is about phones and not cars I will only respond to private messages on these.

fmedina2

Sep 6, 2010
Orlando, FL

You sound like this guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-9h6LmXgCY

swaze

Nov 11, 2009
I don't agree. I think the best comparison is an existing thread about e3d vs Galaxy SII

IMO i think the nexus s is just a small step lower

4 = Evo 3D and Galaxy S II
3 = Nexus S
2 = Evo and Epic
1 = Echo and Shift 4G

IMO the nexus is definitely not just a step below the 3d...more like 50 steps.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Overstew

Oct 3, 2010
I don't agree. I think the best comparison is an existing thread about e3d vs Galaxy SII

IMO i think the nexus s is just a small step lower

4 = Evo 3D and Galaxy S II
3 = Nexus S
2 = Evo and Epic
1 = Echo and Shift 4G
The Nexus S and Epic are basically the same phone, minus the keyboard.

but in all honesty, you should all be comparing a Dual-core phone with the EVO 3D.

averroe5

Dec 21, 2010
Ya, the evo 3d is the better phone but the epic definitely beats out the original evo4g for sure. All one has to do is compare the processors (CPU&GPU, I.e. s.o.c.), screen technology, and codec format support to realize the epic is a beast compared to the evo. I have used both extensively and chose the epic 4g hands down. But the e3d will blow both out the water. Also the epic and nexus s are basically the same imho, though I like the nexus form factor better I must say.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App