VVM/My Verizon/Flash 10.2 all for GB (Updated 7/20)

Search This thread

arcanexvi

Aug 22, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL
When I try to launch the My Verizon app on Bamf 3.0 RC3 it says there is an updated version of the My Verizon app in the market. If I select upgrade, it launches the market, but can not find the app. If I select cancel, it closes the My Verizon app. Is anyone else having this problem?

This is a new issue as of today. I'll try and get my hands on the updated apk.

Reactions: 2k10MBC300SPT

DividingLight

Aug 17, 2010
Of course I find a working VVM after switching to Google Voice for voicemail yesterday =). Also having the issue with My Verizon on BAMF 2.1

arcanexvi

Aug 22, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL
I've got the new apk and am trying to find a way to get it functional. Massive changes to the application have some background requirements.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

arcanexvi

Aug 22, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL
OK, I've tried altering the build.prop to see if it's just a device check and it seems like more than that so I'm going to need some help. Here are the 2 files that you will need.

Updated My Verizon 6/26
SSO Engine (single sign-on)

First error code it'll kick out is error 305 if you don't have SSO installed.
Once you install SSO it'll change to error code 300 basically stating that it's not available at this time.

That's as far as i can get you guys. Sorry.

Attachments

• com.vzw.hss.myverizon-1.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
  • VzwSigSSOEngine.apk
    28.6 KB · Views: 73

Dangerous Dave

Mar 5, 2010
www.tinyurl.com
When I try to launch the My Verizon app on Bamf 3.0 RC3 it says there is an updated version of the My Verizon app in the market. If I select upgrade, it launches the market, but can not find the app. If I select cancel, it closes the My Verizon app. Is anyone else having this problem?

The exact same thing happened to me today on my stock, un-rooted phone using the app I downloaded from the link I posted above. Identical symptoms. Sucks.

Dangerous Dave

Mar 5, 2010
www.tinyurl.com
Acknowledged long ago... No fixes available at this time.

"Long ago" being today?? Everyone seems to be saying this is a new problem as of today and the app worked fine for me until today as well. I was just adding that it's not just the rooted phones having this issue, but my stocker as well with identical results. I thought that might be useful info for those trying to sort it out.

arcanexvi

Aug 22, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL
"Long ago" being today?? Everyone seems to be saying this is a new problem as of today and the app worked fine for me until today as well. I was just adding that it's not just the rooted phones having this issue, but my stocker as well with identical results. I thought that might be useful info for those trying to sort it out.

There was an update to the application. It will affect everyone equally. Application updates from VZW are not ROM specific.

scottyh73

Jun 7, 2011
I get this error message when trying to download visual voicemail "the content is not supported on the phone. No application can be found to open this file. Would you like to download anyway?". Then if I just ignore that and download it I get a "cannot open this file" I'm using gingeritis final rom

arcanexvi

Aug 22, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL
I get this error message when trying to download visual voicemail "the content is not supported on the phone. No application can be found to open this file. Would you like to download anyway?". Then if I just ignore that and download it I get a "cannot open this file" I'm using gingeritis final rom

That error is normal on download. You should still be able to install it through root explorer or any other file manager/app installer program.

McLabia

Mar 19, 2011
City of Sharks
Thanks for this dude! Been using VVM since last night and it works great. Is there any way you can adjust it so that it will scale with a set density? I run at 190 and its only a tiny window compared to the rest of my screen.

dneilan1

Jul 18, 2010
Reposting the vvm apk seems to have done the trick. Reinstalled today on BAMF remix 2.1 and working great. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, so I'm putting these up all in one place. This way you can stop asking for them in various threads. I'll add others as I discover need to add them.

My Verizon only works on VZW based ROMs.
    6/27 Only works with PlainJane v3 AFAIK 6/27. GB ROMs will need to wait for a new base leak most likely.
    6/30 Update - Older version works again. Download MyVerizon.apk for the older version that works on most newer ROMs. the com.vzw.hss.myverizon-1.apk will only work on the MR2 based ROMs.

VVM (visual voicemail) - Works on all versions of everything as far as I know. It also fixes the notification issues that people are having with voicemails on bamf roms. (your account must have it enabled for it to work, $3 a month.) - Apparently doesn't work with the Thunderstick ROM or CM7 1.2. Not sure what got changed in this most current build, but it definitely broke VVM. Thunderstick has some conflicting files baked in that break it.

Flash 10.2 edited for use with hulu.com as well. If you don't use it for hulu you won't see any difference. CM7 users rejoice? Just make sure you don't accidentally update it via market or you'll lose in browser flash video again and need to re-install this.

If you're having issues with a particular file, please post what ROM you're running. I'm trying to narrow down possible culprit ROMs.

If these files help you, don't forget about the "Thanks" button ;)

Enjoy.

6/25 - Re-uploaded VVM.apk since a couple people seem to be having issues with it. I even deleted it off my phone and re-downloaded it via this attachment to check to make sure it went through properly. Since there are only the 2 people commenting that it didn't work out of 100+ downloads of the file, I'm going to assume that something happened on your end not mine (make sure you have unknown sources checked in your application settings and/or re-download?), but re-uploaded and tested nonetheless.
    6/26 - Had to pull My Verizon due to an update today that breaks it for us. No current working version known for Thunderbolt. :(
    6/27 - Ok, so the structure is there in the MR2 froyo update (plainjane v3) so I'm putting the current apk up. I need to figure out what i need to strip out of MR2 to make it work for other ROMs.
    6/29 - Added Skype
    6/30 - Changed Skype File location to Fyels.com for more bandwidth. :)
    6/30 - Re-Posted the older My Verizon APK. No idea what VZW is up to on their end, but it no longer prompts for update locking us out. :) We'll see how long that lasts.
    7/5 - Fixed Broken link for skype. Added bold text to netflix description to make it more obvious that it doesn't work on unrooted/froyo phones...
    7/8 - Added Flash 10.2 (is also edited for use with hulu.com) for CM7 users.
    7/20 - Removed netflix. It is now natively supported.
    7/20 - Updated VVM to newer build version.
    8/5 - Removed skype. Natively supported.
    Tried installing vvm but no dice...tried installing as a apk tried dropping in system app tried renaming it. all I get is app not installed do I need to change permissions?

This is a new issue as of today. I'll try and get my hands on the updated apk.
    File location for Skype changed to Fyels to take load off my ftp. You bastards are cranking about 1GB/hour, lol. 6/30

http://fyels.com/b6E00p
    Ok. I've been doing some testing with the video Skype. Just a few bugs but works great. I've tried it on 2 ROMs. CM7 using 2.5 radio has no audio unless you pause the video then unpause, then you have audio. On Synergy ROM Skype worked perfect. So I'm assuming any Sense GB ROM will do great.

If you have a low audio issue, I recommend Volume+ from app store. It does audio wonders for me since I'm about deaf.

Skype works beautiful from phone on 3g to Desktop. I have no one to test with on Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt 3g.

Hit my help meter if this helped :)