[INFO] UK Prices and Disscusion ONLY

Search This thread

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
This thread is for UK Pricing and discussion on UK availability.

It can be used by members who wish to discuss the above but if you have questions or wish to discuss pricing outside the UK such as the US then please use *THIS* thread.

Thanks to chandlerweb for the following spreadsheet which will be kept as up to date as possible:

UK Pricing SpreadSheet.
Tab 1 is for SIM Free handset, Tab 2 is for Contract prices (Tabs are at the bottom of the page).

Mark.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmcclair

winwiz

Oct 26, 2007
17th is now looking likely. My pre order date from Handtec has changed to w/c 14th :mad:

cosimoss

Dec 25, 2010
London
I had a chat with Clove and they are expecting on the 17th. Mobilefun have just put up a release date of the 18th.

chandlerweb

May 12, 2010
Please note that Tab 1 is for SIM Free handset, Tab 2 is for Contract prices. I have deleted the contract prices from the first tab as they are already listed in the second tab. The tabs are at the bottom of the page - I know its not clear but that's Google's design!

This thread is for UK Pricing and discussion on UK availability.

It can be used by members who wish to discuss the above but if you have questions or wish to discuss pricing outside the UK such as the US then please use *THIS* thread.

Thanks to chandlerweb for the following spreadsheet which will be kept as up to date as possible:

UK Pricing SpreadSheet

Mark.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Please note that Tab 1 is for SIM Free handset, Tab 2 is for Contract prices. I have deleted the contract prices from the first tab as they are already listed in the second tab. The tabs are at the bottom of the page - I know its not clear but that's Google's design!
First post updated.

Mark.

mhunt407

Apr 3, 2010
Bristol
I wish three would hurry the hell up and release pricing info, the phone is supposed to be out in two weeks.

It would seem you might not get any information until the 17th.
A moderator on the Three blog has posted here that "You won’t be able to pre-order the Galaxy Nexus but we’ll let you know when it’s available on our network."

Hoping O2 won't do the same, but I have a feeling they might keep us all waiting. Getting a bit impatient now and wanting to get a pre-order in. Slightly underwhelmed by the O2 deals at buymobilephones.net. Want to see if Phones4U or O2 themselves are offering any better.

graememk

Apr 18, 2008
Been watching expansys for a while, They finally have a date and price but I wouldnt hold my breath!

Going to see if I am going to wait till feb when i can reduce my tariff on my contract (three irl) any takers on that bet? I want it now tho :(

Meaple

Nov 5, 2008
Bradford
I ordered mine last night from BuyMobilePhones, 3rd contract from the top. Should get it on the 18th although I expect it to be delayed like what my Desire was.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
I ordered mine last night from BuyMobilePhones, 3rd contract from the top. Should get it on the 18th although I expect it to be delayed like what my Desire was.
I pre-ordered mine from BuyMobilePhones too on the Panther36 contract with £5 off so £31 a month (handset price £89.99). Good price for 1GB internet and unlimited wifi on btopenzone the only thing I dont like is that the phone will be carrier locked to orange. Not a big deal since I wouldnt be using any other sim cards in it but mobiles.co.uk DOES guarantee that all phones supplied will be carrier unlocked..

I already cancelled my mobiles.co.uk pre-order whedn I found the BuyMobilePhones deal, now I cant decide whether to cancel again and go back to the mobiles.co.uk lol :D

Mark.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    O2 Pricing is here guys

Hi all, I have been watching this thread for a while but finally have something good to contribute....

Just been into my local O2 store and had a chat with their manager. He confirmed that the Nexus will be in this week (Thursday is expected of course) and also gave me a print out of pricing. I have split it up here:

24m contracts -

IMG_20111114_195618.jpg

18/12m contracts -

IMG_20111114_195647.jpg

Simplicity/no contract (and proof it is from O2!)

IMG_20111114_195712.jpg

Taking those pictures would have been so much easier with the GN's panaramic mode!

So, no real surprises. It costs £500 off-contract, the same as 3. The manager also told me that it would be network-locked. So much for networks not interfering with Nexus phones. ;)

Anyway, perhaps I will see some of you there at 9:30 on Thu!
    RT @googlenexus: Galaxy Nexus is landing in the UK! 8am at Phones4U, or over the coming days from O2, Three, or Vodafone. http://www.google.co.uk/nexus/

So again, a veiled hint that there is some exclusivity deal with Phones4U.

Just been on the phone to O2 and they havent arrived and theres no tariffs in their system...

Been advised to call back after 1pm as they'll have a delivery at around midday
    Just got off the phone with upgrades at O2. I'm a gold customer if that's going to influence anything, but they told me they have the Galaxy Nexus in stock, with a 1-2 working day delivery time.

Asked about 12 month pricing, as that's what I'm interested in; got these in response:

600 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    500MB data
    £42 pcm with £224 upfront

300 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    500MB data
    £37 pcm with £249 upfront

200 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    500MB data
    £32 pcm with £254 upfront

100 minutes
    500 texts
    500MB data
    £27 pcm with £274 upfront

I'd suggest anyone who has called and been put back, tries again until they get someone competent, or fancies asking whether this is currently only available to upgrade/certain levels of customer upgrading.

(PS suffice to say, I have mine being delivered in 1-2 working days ;) )

Update: Wewp!
    10paibm.png
    Outcome of disscusion with phones4u customer service (pay monthly contract):

Jenny W says:
    I am sorry about the delay with the stock, there has been a further update that states all orders for the Nexus will be delivered pre 9am on the 18th November, again I am really sorry about the delay.

All good things comes to those who wait. Just have patience and you will get your phones soon enough :)

Mark.
    I don't think you can actually...

Source

Somebody must physically complete a form in the UK and have it certified by UK customs, I also think they need to sight the goods in most cases.

And I don't think you can do a VAT free transaction to a UK address... :(

Because it's being handled twice I don't think there is a way around...

That links for people who have been in the UK and are leaving with the goods http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channels...ertyType=document&id=HMCE_CL_000130#P103_7314 is more relevant in this case.

From looking through it you can get a third party to handle it as long as it is exported within 3 months, the gods aren't used before export etc.