[MOD] 4-in-1 Reboot Menu [Touchwiz] | MDB | MDL |

Search This thread

ineffablepanda

Apr 23, 2010
Screen won't sleep, had to restore a backup.

I'm running the stock MDL from "THE ODIN THREAD":
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2258628
and the rooted stock kernel from the May 7th OTA thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2268880

When I flash the MDL odex version the screen won't turn off and the bottom buttons won't light up, but everything else on the phone works.
Flashing any of the other 4-in-1 builds results in a boot loop.

I'd love a 4in1 menu, but I'm not sure how to get this working.

Flashing .zips (and then having to restore from a backup) using OUDHS recovery, BTW.

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
I'm running the stock MDL from "THE ODIN THREAD":
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2258628
and the rooted stock kernel from the May 7th OTA thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2268880

When I flash the MDL odex version the screen won't turn off and the bottom buttons won't light up, but everything else on the phone works.
Flashing any of the other 4-in-1 builds results in a boot loop.

I'd love a 4in1 menu, but I'm not sure how to get this working.

Flashing .zips (and then having to restore from a backup) using OUDHS recovery, BTW.

i havent tried with OUDHS, but i am using the same odexed rom with the same kernel and the reboot mod works fine, only difference is that i used CWM to flash the zip.

wh4g

Jul 16, 2012
Confirmed is working on Wicked with my theme

ymeqezu8.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Hey there, mind sharing that lovely theme of yours?

Nevermind I found your post :) Thanks.

Last edited:

ineffablepanda

Apr 23, 2010
i havent tried with OUDHS, but i am using the same odexed rom with the same kernel and the reboot mod works fine, only difference is that i used CWM to flash the zip.
I got frustrated messing with it and flashed the Wicked build, which already has a reboot menu baked in and some other nice features.
As a bonus, it was easier getting Google Wallet set up on the deodexed ROM too.

Cuban Cigar

Jul 31, 2012
I tried this and im stock in TMOBILE 4GLTE SCREEN.
HOW CAN I REVERT TO NORMAL BOOT TYPE?
tHANKS

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
I tried this and im stock in TMOBILE 4GLTE SCREEN.
HOW CAN I REVERT TO NORMAL BOOT TYPE?
tHANKS

it should have worked, make sure u are flashing the CORRECT zip file.... (in other words match your rom/build correctly).

but to answer your question u can revert back by using odin or by restoring your android system backup if u have one, or by flashing a rom.

Cuban Cigar

Jul 31, 2012
Thanks, i made a nandroid back up and back to normal. I'm in stock rom , latest build.
Im having problems with Super User. I cant find it in my app drower, but its in app manager. Cant access root....Thanks

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
Thanks, i made a nandroid back up and back to normal. I'm in stock rom , latest build.
Im having problems with Super User. I cant find it in my app drower, but its in app manager. Cant access root....Thanks

u pobably lost root when u reverted back the nanadroid backup...to get root back:
if on MDB just re-root by using the motochopper root method.
if u are on MDL u will have to flash Matt's Kernel and then root using motochopper.

movieaddict

Jul 24, 2010
Here's the 4-in-1 Reboot Menu Mod for T-Mobile users running the stock Tmobile Touchwiz rom.

Description: After you press the Power Button and Restart, you now get 4 options (Normal Reboot, Download, Hot Reboot, and Recovery)

This is for build M919UVUAMDB
DEODEXED only: MDB Deodexed Download
just flash in recovery and reboot
or
ODEXED only MDB Odexed Download

------------------------------------------------------------

This is for build M919UVUAMDL
DEODEXED only: MDL Deodexed Download
or
ODEXED only: MDL Odex Download

Special Thanks and Credit to the following for making it all possible (in no particular order):
Google
Samsung
XDA Community
Unknownforce
kahvitahra
crawrj
mrvirginia
mattlgroff (thanks mattlgroff for the MDL kernel that bypassed the restrictions with MDL)

BMHqUNV.jpg

I tried this with odexed version and reboot into recovery and it flashed ok, but after it rebooted i checked and its still the stock menu for reboot? Why didnt it change???

Reactions: aVibrantBitOfFun
re: more specific

I tried this with odexed version and reboot into recovery and it flashed ok, but after it rebooted i checked and its still the stock menu for reboot? Why didnt it change???

If you would be more specific and let us know the the exact rom which you are using
and if it's the original or the MDL stock rom or if you are using one of the custom roms
then we would be able to let you know which is the right one for your particular rom.

movieaddict

Jul 24, 2010
If you would be more specific and let us know the the exact rom which you are using
and if it's the original or the MDL stock rom or if you are using one of the custom roms
then we would be able to let you know which is the right one for your particular rom.

Im using the stock mdb firmware which i am rooted and i used the odexed version. Nothing went bad or nothing it just didnt change the boot menu when i flashed it???

re: extended power menu

Im using the stock mdb firmware which i am rooted and i used the odexed version. Nothing went bad or nothing it just didnt change the boot menu when i flashed it???

I was kinda confused as to which one of the flashable zipfiles I should use so I just copied all
four of them to my sdcard in the phone and flashed em one at a time in cwm and when I got
to the third flash, as if by magic I finally had the extended power menu...

Give it a try.

Reactions: movieaddict

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the 4-in-1 Reboot Menu Mod for T-Mobile users running the stock Tmobile Touchwiz rom.

Description: After you press the Power Button and Restart, you now get 4 options (Normal Reboot, Download, Hot Reboot, and Recovery)

This is for build M919UVUAMDB
    DEODEXED only: MDB Deodexed Download
    or
    ODEXED only MDB Odexed Download

------------------------------------------------------------

This is for build M919UVUAMDL
    DEODEXED only: MDL Deodexed Download
    or
    ODEXED only: MDL Odex Download

Special Thanks and Credit to the following for making it all possible (in no particular order):
    Google
    Samsung
    XDA Community
    Unknownforce
    kahvitahra
    crawrj
    mrvirginia
    mattlgroff (thanks mattlgroff for the MDL kernel that bypassed the restrictions with MDL)

BMHqUNV.jpg
    Confirmed is working on Wicked with my theme

ymeqezu8.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    actually a custom rom can still be odexed.

easy way to know is just go to your phone using root explorer or similar app and look at the /framework (and sometimes even system/apps) directory and if u see a bunch of ODEX files (files ending in .odex) then u are odexed.
    If u do not see any odex files then u are deodexed (not odexed)

It's funny but (not trolling here folks so put the keyboards on pause for a sec. just pointing out a fact so bare with me) there are people that have been here for a long time (like myself and more so longer) that forget as newer devices make their way on to the market and in general more people find that they can do more with their devices than they ever dreamed, more find their way here and don't know what some of the inner workings are like or what to look for to start to learn as there is a ton to figure your way through even as advanced users.

Something simple as the apk structure in any device would be a new world for some one coming here from Apple we'll say and may not know that it matters. Patience and direction like @XeoNoX did here makes a huge difference on how new users find their way.

Now to the reason I decided to post is the flash worked great (Odex build, rooted, and everything else) and was wondering if anyone knew if triangle away was in the works for us? I don't mind it being custom but we all know there may come a time we need to take measures.
    Confirmed working on Wicked v1.
    Thanks for this.
    No problemo, brother. Take your time and thanks!!!!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

Try #2, this time i odexed my system and used the correct BOOTCLASSPATH location and correct signature verification..
    this is for ODEXED only and is EXPERIMENTAL: download BOTH FILES below (download both incase u have to revert back to normal), move both files to your (external/internal) SDCARD

go into recovery
    Flash zip "d_ap_test2.zip" using recovery
    reboot
    let me know if it works

if it doesnt work just flash "RESTORE_od_ap.zip" reboot and u will be back to normal

let me know if it works.