Model: GT-N5110
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 1321607
Build date: 01.05.2014
Product Code: BTU
PDA: N5110XXDNE1
CSC: N5110OXADNE1
MODEM: N5110XXDNE1

Update should include all KitKat features and changes seen on other Samsung devices. Therefore, we should have a better performance, the status bar with white icons, longer battery life, music on the lock screen in full screen mode, support for wireless printing, realistic mode, etc..

DOWNLOAD

Mirror in MEGA - thanks for @entelekia

Last edited:

nathsgames

Oct 27, 2010
Gold Coast

Update should include all KitKat features and changes seen on other Samsung devices. Therefore, we should have a better performance, the status bar with white icons, longer battery life, music on the lock screen in full screen mode, support for wireless printing, realistic mode, etc..

DOWNLOAD

Thanks! Finally!

lp894

Nov 26, 2007
Same old snote or does it update to the new version? Can anyone get screenshots? Are there any noticeable changes in it?

Jay Evans

May 17, 2011
York, PA
Hi, can you let me know what steps you followed for installing this on the US model? Did it wipe your data? Many thanks.

Just download the zip file, unzip, Open Odin 3.09, Select the file in the AP slot in Odin, and go.

When it finished, everything was still there and it's just fine sofar. Everything looks like it does in the 5100 version.

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
Before I saw this thread... There are a bunch of peeps installing this firmware and are falsely reporting improvements.

Please be advised, that the comments given by the OP are hearsay and are not fact.

At this time 4.2.2 Stock firmware with Xposed 2.6 and proper setups is about the same speed wise as 4.4.2.
As for battery... 4.4.2 won't beat 8 hours with streaming video, and if any small improvement will probably be with apps hibernation. Wireless printing works on all Androids, and full screen as well. SD card is best served by 4.2.2, though some improvements are being made to allow such function with 4.4.2.

4.4.2 is too buggy with apps and what not for me to be happy with such an upgrade. Gosh, it took 4 months since owning my 4110 and 4100 to get apps that function well with 4.2.2. I can imagine another year or so for 4.4.2.

You can root 4.4.2 without KNOX flag... though many are too misled about how to root, and are using old root tools, not the latest and greatest.

Just hate to see someone blindly move to 4.4.2 without really understanding pros and cons. Seems like peeps are wanting what others have on newer devices. There is a reason Windows XP users scoff at upgrading. Not that I am pro 4.2.2, just find it more useful to my expectations than the upgrade, one being SD card compatibility... over 7,000 MP3 songs and video, with mapped system folders to SD.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DOWNLOAD

Mirror in MEGA - thanks for @entelekia
    This update contains the language Portuguese-Brazil?

Portuguess (Brazil) - YES...
    Could you enlighten us all with some details? I (and I'm sure a lot of people) would appreciate being able to avoid Knox.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium HD app

If your system is on 4.2.2 and you have root, you can flash via Mobile Odin Pro. After this operation, you have new firmware 4.4.2 and root for the old bootloader (Mobile Odin does not update the bootloader)
    Knox is still 0x0
    Hope this might help anyone that's hitting snags:

I have US N5110, UK version works fine. Lots of language choices.

I was running Terok Nor (lightly tweaked stock 4.2.2 ROM, see Android Dev section for more info) and used Mobile ODIN to flash this 4.4.2 stock ROM. Oops, no wifi! I realized I had to use a different method.

I connected the tablet to my PC to transfer the ROM file to my PC (optional, you can just download it again). Then booted into recovery, did factory reset. Then booted into ODIN mode, flashed 4.4.2 ROM from ODIN 3.09 on my PC. Booted up, went through normal first boot process, Google sign-in, etc. No root, though!

Boot back into ODIN mode. Download CF Auto Root (Google it). Use the ODIN 3.07 included so you don't click any wrong buttons. Flashed CF Auto Root, rebooted. Updated SuperSU. Disabled Knox. Root achieved.

Restored from Titanium Backup, just like new.
    I confirm, it works. I moved Twitch, aldiko to SD for try : Works well.

But i think with the kit kat restrictions, the apps may not write any data on SD.

After that, did someone knows how to make the old Video player Works ? I have extracted the old .apk and .odex of the old video player and put this in my actual system/apps but it don't appears in my apps...
    I saw a post with the Galaxy S5 S Note, Watch ON, S5 Message,S5 FileManager, Calendar and more from S5 apps to install, how can i do that with my video app ?