[GAME] Bubble Jump -[R]- 5 JAN 2011 -[V]- 1.0

Search This thread
Jan 6, 2011
Name: Bubble Jump

Bubble Jump is a free game just released on Windows Phone Marketplace. Our hero is Rutherford, a cute and cuddly furball with ambitions of soaring into the clouds. Hit the bubbles and power ups as you jump up, but watch out for gravity and obstacles.

Bubble Jump features an endless play mode with increasing challenges, over 100+ handmade bubble 'stages', and 3 power ups.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=902833

Download Link: Download here on Zune or please find it in the Marketplace.

About Pandalot Games:
Boy meets girl. Boy can (sort of) code, girl has great ideas about what's fun and cute. We're two hobbyist developers who set out to make apps together. Our current project is Bubble Jump, and we're focusing on releasing our first update to this new game.

Last edited:

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Simple but very sweet! Congrats to girl for the perfect idea and boy for right implementation :)

P.S. May be, you should add some funny background music to the Bubble Jump? IMHO, it will be nice...

Jan 6, 2011
Thanks for the kind words cnico88 and sensboston :) We're really happy that you both enjoy the game! We just released our first update, which adds over 50 new handmade "bubble stages" (several phone screens worth of bubbles) for more variety and replayability, a new power up: wings, and more background art. We're hard at work on our next update, which should include (amongst other things) a much needed global leaderboard.

@sensboston: thanks for the music suggestion! We tried out some license free music loops a while ago, but none seemed to fit right. However, we will definitely reconsider it after this feedback!

Jan 6, 2011
The advertisements are served through Microsoft's PubCenter (pubcenter.microsoft.com). Microsoft supports both XNA and Silverlight, and integrating the ads took only about 8 lines of code to set up. You get paid a dollar amount per 1000 impressions, and there's a bidding process on what ads are served. You filter your ads by setting up to 3 broad ad categories, depending on what you feel would best appeal to your audience.

saywa

Oct 4, 2010
Man

this game is awweesome
you can beat doodle jump man

It would be great if you put some more powerups a big power up

Its hard to keep ower 10000

Plz keep it up
More updatess

Thx

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Pandalot Games, I've sent you a PM, could you check please? (by default the PM notifications are disabled on xda-dev).

Jan 6, 2011
Thanks orb3000 and saywa :)

@saywa - We're definitely exploring longer power ups, although we'll have to see how they play with the difficulty that we want for the higher elevations. We'll be happy just to get into the top 30 free games list, but happy to hear that you like it :)

We just released a small update which should be hitting the Marketplace now. It's mostly tweaks and reworks of existing levels to make them flow better. We also adjusted some of the levels which were way too hard. The next update will be substantial.

Enjoy!

saywa

Oct 4, 2010
Thats good to hear

We could donate :-D

Beat doodle jump

The problem is that most of the jump games have a certain level where its going to be hard and has the limit of the difficulty. Toooo early

Doodle jump is going difficult from 30000

Bubble jump 10000

its too early for those games

cnico88

Jan 15, 2011
For that I would suggest to pick up extra lives on the way. Because once you get up there and make a small mistake, you have to start all over.

Jan 6, 2011
Thanks for the feedback saywa and cnico88!

We played Doodle Jump for a combined total of 5 minutes at an Apple Store once, so we're not too familiar with how other jump games actually work in terms of difficulty, so this is good feedback to hear :) We felt that the 10,000 point total was a good place to ramp up the difficulty since we wanted to keep the games short, but I think we'll have to reevaluate that. What's making this difficult is that we've both played the game so much while testing it that we've gotten too good at it, so it's getting harder to determine what the right difficulty should be in the hands of a real user (that's what led to this update, we got some reviews that said some levels were impossible - they were actually just really, really hard). We'd like to find some interested folks to beta test the game, but we're not sure how to go about it since I believe a developer account is necessary to load a game onto a phone. At any rate, really appreciate the feedback! The difficulty and the need for some life saving power ups are duly noted. Thanks! :D

Last edited:

cnico88

Jan 15, 2011
Not sure if I am the only one here but I can barely pass 3,000 on Bubble Jump. I gave the game to my younger brother who is really good at those kind of games and his highest score is 5,000.

For me it's because I run out of bubbles and if you miss one you fall down. I wish that one bubble would make you jump a lot higher. Take for example "Monster Up" on WP7

Reactions: karios
Jan 6, 2011
Wow that's pretty eye opening actually. We already do classify the levels into very easy, easy, medium, and hard. After about 2500, there's a chance for mediums and a small chance for hards. We'll definitely tweak the probability of mediums and hards. Would a difficulty setting (easy, normal, hard) be enticing to you?

Correction: didn't mean to imply that you weren't good at the game, just that we were far off base with what we expected our users to reach to.

cnico88

Jan 15, 2011
Sure, I understand. I would just want a wider margin of error. I think it would be nice for those that play the game casually.

Maybe more bubbles at the lower levels, a higher boost after each bubble or maybe picking up an extra life along the way.

I've been playing "Monster Up" and I know it's a different game but I feel that it's harder to mess up.

Reactions: karios

saywa

Oct 4, 2010
My record is 13000
The game is simple and easy

But yeah there are some parts where you got only some bubbles and you cant reach the next bubble
Or its hard to reach dat

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
It will be nice to have a "visible" current high score feature, as implemented in Birdy Bounce (actually, it's a game with similar or close gameplay)

ahmadmr

Mar 18, 2009
Ottawa
Very, very nice game... Once I spend about an hour playing with it (I was waiting for my flight) and that caught the eyes of other travelers who asked me about the phone and the game, I even gave the phone to one of their kids who enjoyed the game so much that I hardly got the phone back!

So Keep up the good work...

(I second the request of adding the ability to catch a "second life" after reaching a specific scores for example... It's too hard to go through all the way again when you do a mistake at very high score)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Name: Bubble Jump

Bubble Jump is a free game just released on Windows Phone Marketplace. Our hero is Rutherford, a cute and cuddly furball with ambitions of soaring into the clouds. Hit the bubbles and power ups as you jump up, but watch out for gravity and obstacles.

Bubble Jump features an endless play mode with increasing challenges, over 100+ handmade bubble 'stages', and 3 power ups.

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=902833

Download Link: Download here on Zune or please find it in the Marketplace.

About Pandalot Games:
    Boy meets girl. Boy can (sort of) code, girl has great ideas about what's fun and cute. We're two hobbyist developers who set out to make apps together. Our current project is Bubble Jump, and we're focusing on releasing our first update to this new game.
    Not sure if I am the only one here but I can barely pass 3,000 on Bubble Jump. I gave the game to my younger brother who is really good at those kind of games and his highest score is 5,000.

For me it's because I run out of bubbles and if you miss one you fall down. I wish that one bubble would make you jump a lot higher. Take for example "Monster Up" on WP7
    Sure, I understand. I would just want a wider margin of error. I think it would be nice for those that play the game casually.

Maybe more bubbles at the lower levels, a higher boost after each bubble or maybe picking up an extra life along the way.

I've been playing "Monster Up" and I know it's a different game but I feel that it's harder to mess up.