Which Flavor Of Synergy Works Best On Your Device?

• Total voters
Search This thread

tang12

Sep 18, 2010
Atlanta
Does anyone have problems connecting to PC? Whenever I connect it says USB Device not Recognized....Update Drivers comes back with nothing...

wallaceb

Dec 21, 2010
I think everyone in the xda community is fully aware of this by now. Below I posted a link from the Evo 3D forums that contain a nifty little app written by Treve for removing this crap from our phones. You can download the app for free from Treve's thread that will show you EXACTLY what is going on in the background on your phone (damn you HTC/Google!). If you choose to remove this malware, he has a license key available on the Market that will universally remove it from any rom/HTC phone! It only costs $1 but is well worth it! I have used it successfully on my Evo 4g running Synergy, as well as my Evo 3D. One thing to note is, after uninstalling all of this malware, your phone will go into a series of force closes.....RELAX, all is well after a battery pull and reboot. That is just your phone's way of responding after getting that ugly "monkey" off it's back! Hope this helps all of my fellow Synergy rom brothers/sisters;)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1247108

P.S.>> Please goto the bottom of post #1 on Treve's thread for the link to the removal app.

excellent. now i do not have to worry about changing to a different ROM that has all this removed already.

i can also do this to my wife's phone which is running MIKFroyo

yay! :D :D

i just ran the app and removed everything. after pulling the battery due to HTCLoggers FC'ing, nothing seems wrong, and all the information supplied shows that the logging is now fully disabled.

NasTraDooMis

Sep 15, 2010
Denver
Maybe you should contact roscoenr, he made the theme and may have those older themed versions. He can also tell you how you can prevent updates to those apps so that the theming remains.

I think also you can change/rename the updater to keep it from updating.
Using root explorer goto>system>app> then mount r/w then scroll downto marketupdater.apk > longpress and choose rename and rename the apk to bak > then remount r/o . Bada bing ! :cool:

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Heres an intresting article i found on goodandevodotnet, i thought everyone should be aware if, if not already

Huge security vulnerability found in HTC EVO devices

http://www.goodandevo.net/2011/10/huge-security-vulnerability-found-in-htc-evo-devices.html#more

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Haha, i was just getting ready to post that article. Anyways this is what i did to mine:

I dont trust that htc logger anyway so i changed the .apk to .bak to keep it from running :)
Using root explorer goto>system>app> then mount r/w > scroll down to the the htcloggers.apk then longpress it and select rename then rename the apk to bak . .* once you do this it will basically lock you out of youre phone by a popup message saying htcloggers has stopped unexpectedly, when you click the foreclose button the popup will not close out and the message pops back up immediately so that you can not access anything on youre phone, you ca not even power off the phone . So at this point just do a battery pull, put it back in and boot up phone :) Hopefully this renders this part of their little spy operation unusable . But i am sure there are more other little backdoors with other apps and what not so perhaps this effort is futile .

threestripebrand

Mar 7, 2011
Boiling Springs,NC
You do know the iPhone has less features and in generally you can't do as much with it right? Talking about getting bored with a phone. You'll definitely get bored with that one... But I'm not judging...lol.
Or perhaps you were just joking? ;)

+1, I was an iPhone user before my EVO and the best thing about it was being able to dual boot some laggy Android, theres no porting or running different roms,only a few theme possibilities. So yeah expect to be bored in a month lol

Sent from my nike hating evo!

Leeboy

Apr 15, 2009
Backwoods of MI
excellent. now i do not have to worry about changing to a different ROM that has all this removed already.

i can also do this to my wife's phone which is running MIKFroyo

yay! :D :D

i just ran the app and removed everything. after pulling the battery due to HTCLoggers FC'ing, nothing seems wrong, and all the information supplied shows that the logging is now fully disabled.

Yep, you got rid of it allright! The fc's are normal, both of my Evo's did it until a battery pull and reboot. No more spyware for you.....congrats bro!

vanessaem

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Themer
Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
+1, I was an iPhone user before my EVO and the best thing about it was being able to dual boot some laggy Android, theres no porting or running different roms,only a few theme possibilities. So yeah expect to be bored in a month lol

Hey TSB! Long time no see. :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

threestripebrand

Mar 7, 2011
Boiling Springs,NC
Hey TSB! Long time no see. :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

What up Nessa!?!? Been tryin out all the new roms, of course nothing as stable as this one. Still waiting for warm 2.3 to drop for us. Also I started tooling around with a port that no one has done, got it to boot today for about a minute then it crashes LOL

N00dle

Feb 13, 2007
So I can't seem to search with tapatalk strictly in this thread but does anyone else have issues with gmail on the god mode rom. It is just force closing on me all of a sudden.

JGW310

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 20, 2010
St. Louis
Keep trying, you'll get. ;)

Hows it goin vannessa!??!!?

Its been a ride, its been so fun, but i'm sad to say my OG EVO 4G has been retired :(

I'm glad we are still friends on G+

P.S. I'm trying to keep my EVO, but my parents want me to sell it, lol, that phone has meant so much to me, as has the Warm TwoPointTwo and this thread.

Keep in touch!!!!

vanessaem

Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
Hows it goin vannessa!??!!?

Its been a ride, its been so fun, but i'm sad to say my OG EVO 4G has been retired :(

I'm glad we are still friends on G+

P.S. I'm trying to keep my EVO, but my parents want me to sell it, lol, that phone has meant so much to me, as has the Warm TwoPointTwo and this thread.

Keep in touch!!!!

Hey dude...nice to see you. :) How have you been? I have 3vo now and sold my OG on ebay...lol. What phone do you have now?

JGW310

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 20, 2010
St. Louis
Hey dude...nice to see you. :) How have you been? I have 3vo now and sold my OG on ebay...lol. What phone do you have now?

I have been hangin in there, lol high school is hard ;)

If you don't mind me asking, how much $$ did you get for your OG EVO, and what condition was it in?? I'm just curious if there is any real money to be made there, cuz Best Buy said they would give me about $70 for it :|

I picked up the Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch (whew, thats not a mouthful or anything....lol) yesterday, and IM IN LOVE WITH IT!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH ITS SCREAMING FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, OG EVO 4G (running Synergy) vs Epic 4G Touch comparison vids coming up soon!!

What have you been up to?

NastroGlide

Oct 26, 2009
Lovin This rom

This is the first rom I've ever flashed and I frickin love it! Great work guys. I have always just used total stock w/ root. I switched up and flashed CM7 and Miui today, I ran back to Synergy! Using this w/ aggressive freedom kernel for godmode so I can oc. Its running great. Thank you for breathing new life into my phone.

vanessaem

Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
I have been hangin in there, lol high school is hard ;)

If you don't mind me asking, how much $$ did you get for your OG EVO, and what condition was it in?? I'm just curious if there is any real money to be made there, cuz Best Buy said they would give me about $70 for it :|

I picked up the Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch (whew, thats not a mouthful or anything....lol) yesterday, and IM IN LOVE WITH IT!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH ITS SCREAMING FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, OG EVO 4G (running Synergy) vs Epic 4G Touch comparison vids coming up soon!!

What have you been up to?

Best Buy, as usually, is trying to rip people off...lol. Especially since Sprint was offering $125 which I still thought was laughable. I bought my 3vo for $100 on Amazon.com but sold my OG Evo(in excellent condition), case and 16mb(class 2) for $183 so I made out pretty well I think. That paid for my 3vo and then some. This was about a month ago but you can check ebay and see what the OG is going for now. People were getting decent bids for phones in all sorts of conditions.

I'm hearing good things about the Epic Touch, I just wish they'd shorten the name...lol.

N00dle

Feb 13, 2007
Not trying to be a **** but could you guys maybe move the reminiscing chit chat to PM's

I keep getting notifications (since I and I'm sure others) that there are new posts to the thread and it's just total off topic conversation.

threestripebrand

Mar 7, 2011
Boiling Springs,NC
Not trying to be a **** but could you guys maybe move the reminiscing chit chat to PM's

I keep getting notifications (since I and I'm sure others) that there are new posts to the thread and it's just total off topic conversation.

Well, you are being a **** so try harder ;p . And had you been around this thread long enough, you'd know that this isn't one of those up tight threads where you get flamed by people being dicks. I would even venture to say that you may have been the very first person to even complain about notifications from this thread.

:rollseyes:

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
Um yeah, adding to the previous post...

...not gonna happen. This thread is famous for tolerating and in fact promoting a wide-open style of discourse. If you're keeping it positive you're welcome here. If you sound entitled or negative, less so.

And in any event, you happen to have called out one of the most original of original gangsters. She's earned the right to give shouts to whoever she wants. Just turn off email notifications and don't take it personally. This is a chatty group.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

vanessaem

Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City

Then unsubscribe.
No one's going to stop the "off-topic chat" because you said so...:rolleyes:
See, bad attitudes like yours is why most people have left this thread.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts