Galaxy S III Released!

Search This thread

b-eock

Dec 30, 2010
Dallas, Texas
So the Galaxy S III has been unveiled.

My PRO's= Screen Resolution, processor, GPU, RAM, memory.

My CON's= Screen type (SAMOLED -_-)

I can't really think of anything else. Comment on your pro's and con's if you would like!

panda_mode

Dec 21, 2011
Sacramento
Pros
1. Its Samsung
2. The screen. Any HD screen is better than our cappys lol and I like black being black
3. MicroSD and Removable battery
4. Multitasking = WOW
5. Embrace of NFC

Cons
1. $$$$$ for international version

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA

panda_mode

Dec 21, 2011
Sacramento
Oh and if you guys are going to purchase this beast, what color would you choose:

Marble** white or pebble blue?

And if you're going for a case or leave it as is?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA

Last edited:

Darkangels6sic6

Feb 3, 2011
Yeah. Its amazing. I can't believe the mass amounts of people that say its ugly, garbage, the same.
Granted that 2GHz quad core A-15 would've been worth waiting long but its nice.
HD SAmoled.
Up to 64GB plus up to 64GB card. 2100MAH battery
So well integrated and intuitive.
I hope to obtain one in the near future.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

Reactions: SpeedYY

inningsdefeat500

Oct 30, 2010
Vancouver
Guys, I read some comments on another site that US/Canadian would have a lower CPU to accommodate LTE? I didn't understand that, could someone clarify

Red_81

Dec 5, 2010
St.Louis Metro
I didn't use my upgrade on the SII so I'll be planning on picking this one up in the Pebble Blue. I just can't do white devices. Maybe it reminds me of my childhood with all the Beige/White systems.

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Performance seems to be pretty good, a good setup from my Captivate so I am all for that.
So while I would have loved a A15 quad or even better GPU, well, we always want more so I think I will be happy with it. It does not seem as the Nvidia thing is catching up so I hope the whole Tegra exclusive crap is over otherwise, having a super GPU when the games are getting better features only for Tegra wont help me much.
Not sure why someone cannot be happy with the screen. Black is black and everything is punchy. I have a HD projector calibrated so I can be picky but I love Samsung screens.
Now the Q is..how long before stupid ATT brings it here.

WindRunnerXC

Mar 20, 2011
Albany, NY
USA releases are slotted for June. More info, as always, pending carrier announcements. Those will probably come when their world tour stops off in NYC, from what I'd guess.

panda_mode

Dec 21, 2011
Sacramento
How can one hate that curved metal finish on the side. It's very sexy.

The whole camera-design thing: who actually looks at their camera lens on a daily basis? Its always behind the phone where you'll rarely ever see it. People these days...

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
How can one hate that curved metal finish on the side. It's very sexy.

The whole camera-design thing: who actually looks at their camera lens on a daily basis? Its always behind the phone where you'll rarely ever see it. People these days...
Seriously when I read people cons...being about looks I feel the same way...come on now.

hbk19

May 24, 2010
Definitely looking forward to upgrade.

There's been speculation that to accommodate LTE in the North American release, they might go with an S4 instead of the Exynos, which is also an excellent processor (though I would have liked to experience the Exynos).

Still, it's almost time to upgrade for me. It'll be nice to experience LTE.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

rheicide

Oct 14, 2010
I'm totally in love with this beast. Its hardware and features are awesome.
As soon as I could get one, my beloved Cappy could then take a step back and be my backup :D

Planswalker89

Jan 7, 2011
Was anxiously awaiting this thing since even though my cappy is beyond amazing, it's begun to feel its age a bit and I'm totally looking forward to a new phone.

I am totally not disappointed and can't wait to finally get my upgrade when it comes out.

The screen is awesome, and since I never got to see super amoled + I can't say I'm going to miss it. I just hope the GS3 is anywhere near as good to me as my cappy has been - although I'm going to miss the build of this phone cause it was awesome.

TheSoaresan

Dec 28, 2010
I love the specs...but I'm a tad disappointed by its aesthetics... I mean it looks like a cheaper quality phone with all that plastic...on the other hand HTC one x looks like sex

Reactions: ReekHavok

falacer

Mar 24, 2012
Same here didn't use my upgrade yet but will wait to see what the US versions specs are. Might be changing from AT&T to Sprint soon as wife contract is up.

JBM12G

Dec 9, 2010
Airdrie
I was really disappointed with the Galaxy S3. I will most likely be upgrading to the HTC One X. In almost every situation the One X beats or is a tie with the S3.

Screen: Most reviews say that the One X has a better screen then the Galaxy Nexus, so I believe that with the S3 having essentially the same screen as the nexus the One X's will be better.

Processor/SOC: The S3 will likely have an S4 in Canada so in that case it is a tie. If the S3 does have the quad core in Canada it will probably not be that noticeable of a difference.

Software: Both will likely have great Rom development, but in a worst case scenario, I can live with Sense 4.0, I cannot live with that hideous touchwiz.

Hardware: (IMO) The One X is gorgeous. The S3 is meh. Also, the S3 has a menu button, what were you thinking Samsung! I don't care about a removable battery or sd card slot.

Camera: I'm guessing it will be about the same (Don't care much about camera).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its disturbing how many people say its cheap quality because its plastic. Or any plastic galaxy phone. Plastic can most definitely be durable and nice quality. Its cheaper to manufacture. Good with heat. Easy to work with. Light weight. And not to mention the fact they use gorilla glass. Just because its plastic does not make it cheap grade

http://gizmodo.com/5915417/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-will-be-out-this-month-for-200

Update! Enjoy!

The Samsung Galaxy S III, third of its name and new king of Android phones, will be out in the US this month on all four major carriers (plus US Cellular). It'll start at $200 for the 16GB version, and scale up from there.
    Yeah. Its amazing. I can't believe the mass amounts of people that say its ugly, garbage, the same.
    Granted that 2GHz quad core A-15 would've been worth waiting long but its nice.
    HD SAmoled.
    Up to 64GB plus up to 64GB card. 2100MAH battery
    So well integrated and intuitive.
    I hope to obtain one in the near future.

I love the specs...but I'm a tad disappointed by its aesthetics... I mean it looks like a cheaper quality phone with all that plastic...on the other hand HTC one x looks like sex