[Q] cant unbirck help please

Search This thread

joshuadrivin

Feb 17, 2014
Pontotoc
so my friend download an app and didn't read anything about it before he installed the app. The app was suppose to replace the home launcher but he was suppose to install another app before he installed it but he didn't. I have tried Odin, Kies, and Heimdall with no luck. I have tried them on different computers and with different cables. His phone is a SGH-I337, yes it is rooted but only for one app that was installed that doesn't affect anything. But now it only go to the download screen with the android man even when booted up normally it only fails the [auth] on Odin and it wouldn't even connect to Kies. Any help would be GREAT, he is only giving me 2 day to try and fix it for him then he is going to buy a new phone. Thanks in advance EVEN IF ITS JUST GUESS I'll still give it a try.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
What app did you try to install and what firmware are you on. Odin should work if you use the right firmware.

Sent from my Nexus 5

joshuadrivin

Feb 17, 2014
Pontotoc
What app did you try to install and what firmware are you on. Odin should work if you use the right firmware.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I dont remember what app he tried to install, only that it was suppose to change his home screen. As far as what firnware he is on I have no clue cause I have no way to find out and he is no help hell he doesnt know the his ass from a hole in the ground when i ask him.

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I dont remember what app he tried to install, only that it was suppose to change his home screen. As far as what firnware he is on I have no clue cause I have no way to find out and he is no help hell he doesnt know the his ass from a hole in the ground when i ask him.

I would start with the mf3 tar files in odin. If they don't work try the mk2 tar file

Sent from my Nexus 5

joshuadrivin

Feb 17, 2014
Pontotoc
If the phone is running either the MK2 or MF3 baseband then my thread here may be able to help you. Check ted77usa's post (the last reply on the first page) for how I fixed my phone.

thanks im downloading his files now but im at a crappy hotel so its going to take over an hour ill let u know how it goes, u never know u couldve just saved him $200 :highfive:

joshuadrivin

Feb 17, 2014
Pontotoc
Yes, but he'll have less options in flashing roms if he's interested in that. Otherwise just flash the mk2

Sent from my Nexus 5

he not like me, he doesnt flash roms. im hoping the file JTrocks posed about will finally work on his phone cause so far i have tried 5 others and they all fail in the same spot, i dont know if it has anything to do with the fact that his phone has best buys security on it

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
he not like me, he doesnt flash roms. im hoping the file JTrocks posed about will finally work on his phone cause so far i have tried 5 others and they all fail in the same spot, i dont know if it has anything to do with the fact that his phone has best buys security on it

Never heard of best buys security. Worst comes to worse you could take it to a best buy with a Samsung experience and they can flash it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

joshuadrivin

Feb 17, 2014
Pontotoc
If the phone is running either the MK2 or MF3 baseband then my thread here may be able to help you. Check ted77usa's post (the last reply on the first page) for how I fixed my phone.

It worked like a charm thank you sir, i ended up fixing his phone just in time for breakfest so thanks to you i get free food this morning :laugh: but really thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
It worked like a charm thank you sir, i ended up fixing his phone just in time for breakfest so thanks to you i get free food this morning :laugh: but really thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!

@joshuadrivin Glad that u fixed your friend phone on time for breakfast.....:good:.....u know why? i can see that u got a lot of help in here. @jd1639 saw your sig NEXUS 5 now? are u still have your S4? @JTrocks great job on giving good direction ......:good::cool::good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.