PARANOID ANDROID discussion thread

Search This thread

Aashuk Mehta

Sep 4, 2012
Mumbai
Redmi Note 10
Yup guys this is the discussion thread for the awesome ROM by 1cebox

Please report issues and problems here in this general thread and not in the dev thread

We need to keep the dev thread SPAM FREE...

Sent from my HTC One V using xda premium

Reactions: 1ceb0x

sohamssd

Jul 4, 2012
Rochester
Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360582399406.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360582399406.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 238

Aashuk Mehta

Sep 4, 2012
Mumbai
Redmi Note 10
Just trying to help him cleaning up some mess in the dev thread

1ce include the link in op in dev thread

Last edited:

M.Haseeb Sohail

Feb 20, 2013
Stuck on Boot (Paranoid animation screen)

Hi Guys,
i just recently did paranoid custom rom but it stuck on boot i did all according to instructions as on

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1794562

What I did was
- flashed the rom using cwm
- reboot to bootloader
- flashed the kernel Hellboy boot-HELLBOY-CM9-201212152218 ( fails while flashing)
- tried to boot...
- stuck on Boot screen

Cleared all the cache / data / devik as well on both occasions

but :(

plz help me out guys......

mr_nooby

Jul 17, 2012
R: PARANOID ANDROID discussion thread

Did you write the right command? Fastboot flash boot boot.img

Sent from my One V using xda app-developers app

haha123

Jun 6, 2010
Hi guys, I'm using the latest PA on my phone, but sometimes it can't connect to 3G network unless I reboot. Is there a fix? A different modem to be flashed? I'm using hellboy kernel. thanks a lot :good:

sohamssd

Jul 4, 2012
Rochester
Hi guys, I'm using the latest PA on my phone, but sometimes it can't connect to 3G network unless I reboot. Is there a fix? A different modem to be flashed? I'm using hellboy kernel. thanks a lot :good:

Turn airplane mode on and turn it off again. You'll connect this time, I don't know what causes it though

Sent from my One V

haha123

Jun 6, 2010
Turn airplane mode on and turn it off again. You'll connect this time, I don't know what causes it though

Sent from my One V

I've tried that before, but it just doesn't want to connect. The only way to turn on 3G seems to be to reboot the phone, which is why I think it may be a baseband/kernel issue?

sohamssd

Jul 4, 2012
Rochester
Anyone on pa2.99, can confirm how much time does it require for you to achieve a GPS lock?
Mine takes 10+mins:eek:

Sent from my One V

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Please report issues and problems here in this general thread and not in the dev thread

Im using 3.1x now and it's great, i think this will be THE ROM for the ONE V.
    I found a work around for the Youtube problem, i got BSplayer from the play store and it plays Youtube videos without a problem. I also had some problems when rebooting the phone, a few times it got stuck at the HTC logo with the RED text. It does not seem to happend if you just close the phone completly and open it again instead of using the build in power menu. I could not get a logcat for the reboot problem so this is not a bug report post, just my 1st impressions after using it.

And about the speed, it's one of the fastest and RAM efficiant ROMs i ever had.
    Screenshot here:p

TL:DR
    A great ROM even with the few issues it has, considering this is the 1st realease the ammount of stuff that IS working is amazing.
    So Dragos, the whole community is counting and depending on your man :) no pressure or anything haha.

Felicitari, esti ultimul Dev adevarat pe care il mai avem pe aici.

Cheers, Catalin

Thanks man. Happy to see a fellow romanian in One V land :D! I hope to find time to squash the bugs that are now in this rom but I know that audience will loose the patience if the rom is not updated now that it has been released so I want you guys to have patience on this one. I can't work every day on it...

I was happy to see the amount of things working when i saw that it boots - finally I could get sound to work and now I am hoping to see other things working after I resume the work on it (usually in weekends I stop developing due to no time to spare - i usually work on roms in the mornings until I leave for work and sometimes working from work through teamviewer :) lol.

I need GPS my friend just got his ingress invite and I wish to play with him !!!!
    I guess I will have to reinstall 2.99 while waiting for it.

keep it up 1ceb0x I greatly enjoy your work if I would not be so broke I would make a donation for shure! Hopefully I will find a job soon enough. In the mean time I STRONGLY encourage those who can donate a few bucks to DO IT ! Without 1ceb0x is so great with us and seems like a cool guy too.

I guess it will be for tomorrow... Hope it will be out, that would be a great birthday gift for me !

No problem mate. I am used to not having donations as I don't ask for them, I know how it is to not have money, not everyone can pay a few bucks for a thing that actually it's for free. Even I don't do donations for DEVS here on xda. the only one that got a donation from me was Lloir when he's first phone bricked.

As I said in the main thread, GPS works now - can be turned ON but the location is not working. Need a logcat for that. I hope to clear the location bug for tomorrow and release the build to the masses. Hope to do that, as it is your birthday ;). Happy birthday, by the way!

LATER EDIT: just struck me... GPS location will not work without Sensors (which contains Accelerometer, MagneticField, Orientation). So it might take a while to fix. Sorry mates :(!

What? Did ice tell you to do this? I don't think so...

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

Yupp, i guess not..
    It's only his initiative and i think it's really helpful to keep the development thread clean & free from spam. ;)
    I'm trying to install Paranoid Android 2.99 on my PrimoU. It has been booting for half an hour now. Is this ok? If not what should I do?

Boot into the bootloader and flash the correct kernel. Use HELLBOY kernel labeled CM10.