[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 10 Thread

Search This thread

technut

May 6, 2007
TAMPA,FL
Wug just wanted to stop by and thank you for this toolkit.I appreciate all the work that must of went into developing it.Great Job :)

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12] : Nexus 10 Thread

Wug you are so fresh!!! Thanks for the quick fix for 4.2.2 you really are 2nd2none!!!! :highfive: :highfive:

Thanks man. Most appreciated, seriously. Its really hard for me to keep up with all my ambitions for this project while also being a full time student. I am looking forward to finishing the next update and continuing official support for all builds.

{{ WugFresh }}

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011
Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12] : Nexus 10 Thread

So all adb files are included with the installation of the toolkit?
Sorry, I never used a toolkit before.

snipe2nite

Aug 1, 2011
NorCal, Bay Area

So all adb files are included with the installation of the toolkit?
Sorry, I never used a toolkit before.

Yes but, if you're trying to unlock and root 4.2.2 you will need to install the toolkit then click the link on wugs web site and follow the instructions to update the ADB and FASTBOOT files in the /data folder with the updated files in the zip, into the wug install directory..... GL

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

jopa16

Feb 16, 2013
I blew out a speaker and am getting a warranty replacement nexus 7. I have beats audio drivers installed. Will the flash stock restore the original drivers? I'd like to return it completely stock if at all possible to avoid having a voided warranty.

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010

I blew out a speaker and am getting a warranty replacement nexus 7. I have beats audio drivers installed. Will the flash stock restore the original drivers? I'd like to return it completely stock if at all possible to avoid having a voided warranty.

Yes, it will flash everything back to stock and wipe the internal storage. Flash Stock then OEM lock and it will be back to square one.

{{ WugFresh }}

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011

Yes but, if you're trying to unlock and root 4.2.2 you will need to install the toolkit then click the link on wugs web site and follow the instructions to update the ADB and FASTBOOT files in the /data folder with the updated files in the zip, into the wug install directory..... GL

The tablet I purchased is already rooted/unlocked.

I am more concerned if I need to restore back to stock for warranty issues.

I had the toolkit for my gnex (vzw) sometime last year but never got around to using it.

rrand

Oct 29, 2011

Hello, I need some help. I have to return my N10 tomorrow, as it's my last day to return it.

I'm trying to downgrade to the stock ROM with Wug's Root Toolkit. I chose the option, "Back to Stock" -> "Flash Stock + Unroot", "Device is on/normal".

Everything seems to be going well, until when I get to the part where it says, "Booting up your freshly flashed stock device". But nothing happened. The Nexus is still in the bootloader with the android's chest open and the box with the option to START.

The toolkit itself couldn't download the stock ROM because it doesn't exist on the site. So I downloaded it from another site and in the toolkit chose that ".tar" image file. The MD5 was a match, so I don't know why it's not working.

What can I do? Like I said, it has to go in tomorrow.

Thanks.
I should add that I'm not using a modified rom. I am on Android version 4.2.2, that I upgraded to with this Root Toolkit. Do I even have to downgrade my rom? Can I just unroot and OEM lock it? (I also want to wipe the data clean before taking it in.)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010

Hello, I need some help. I have to return my N10 tomorrow, as it's my last day to return it.

I'm trying to downgrade to the stock ROM with Wug's Root Toolkit. I chose the option, "Back to Stock" -> "Flash Stock + Unroot", "Device is on/normal".

Everything seems to be going well, until when I get to the part where it says, "Booting up your freshly flashed stock device". But nothing happened. The Nexus is still in the bootloader with the android's chest open and the box with the option to START.

The toolkit itself couldn't download the stock ROM because it doesn't exist on the site. So I downloaded it from another site and in the toolkit chose that ".tar" image file. The MD5 was a match, so I don't know why it's not working.

What can I do? Like I said, it has to go in tomorrow.

Thanks.
I should add that I'm not using a modified rom. I am on Android version 4.2.2, that I upgraded to with this Root Toolkit. Do I even have to downgrade my rom? Can I just unroot and OEM lock it? (I also want to wipe the data clean before taking it in.)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Are you unlocked? You need to be unlocked to flash stock. You are saying it goes through the whole flash process and then doesn't boot back up? How long does it take to complete.

{{ WugFresh }}

rrand

Oct 29, 2011
Are you unlocked? You need to be unlocked to flash stock. You are saying it goes through the whole flash process and then doesn't boot back up? How long does it take to complete.

{{ WugFresh }}

Yes, I am unlocked. The little lock is unlocked when it first boots up.

I logged everything this time.

open Wug's Root Toolkit.

mesg: this feature does not work with the build you have selected.
select "flash stock + unroot/Device is normal"
mesg: wipe warning
browse files, option: i download factory image myself
select tar file
mesg: analyzing factory image, enter hash
a few seconds.
mesg: file is good to extract and flash!
mesg: please be patient while your flash extracts
(not very long, a few seconds.)
mesg: dba connection (offline)
i hit okay on device. retry on pc.
(a few things i didn't see.)
mesg: connected.
mesg: checking fastboot status
mesg: device connected.
mesg: "flashing stock will factory reset your device."
[OK]
mesg: rebooting your device into bootloader mode
dos window comes up immediately
mesg: booting up your freshly flashed stock device...press any key
mesg:"assuming the operation you just performed was successful..change your model type"
device is still in bootloader. yellow android lying down with his tummy opened.
that is all.

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010

Yes, I am unlocked. The little lock is unlocked when it first boots up.

I logged everything this time.

open Wug's Root Toolkit.

mesg: this feature does not work with the build you have selected.
select "flash stock + unroot/Device is normal"
mesg: wipe warning
browse files, option: i download factory image myself
select tar file
mesg: analyzing factory image, enter hash
a few seconds.
mesg: file is good to extract and flash!
mesg: please be patient while your flash extracts
(not very long, a few seconds.)
mesg: dba connection (offline)
i hit okay on device. retry on pc.
(a few things i didn't see.)
mesg: connected.
mesg: checking fastboot status
mesg: device connected.
mesg: "flashing stock will factory reset your device."
[OK]
mesg: rebooting your device into bootloader mode
dos window comes up immediately
mesg: booting up your freshly flashed stock device...press any key
mesg:"assuming the operation you just performed was successful..change your model type"
device is still in bootloader. yellow android lying down with his tummy opened.
that is all.

Did you install the toolkit to the root of your hard drive? Like directly in your C drive or in a subfolder? The toolkit needs to be in at least one folder, the problem you are encountering is indicative that you installed it to the root of your hard disk. Try putting all the toolkit files in a folder so like C:\Wug\* rather than just C:\*

{{ WugFresh }}

rrand

Oct 29, 2011
Did you install the toolkit to the root of your hard drive? Like directly in your C drive or in a subfolder? The toolkit needs to be in at least one folder, the problem you are encountering is indicative that you installed it to the root of your hard disk. Try putting all the toolkit files in a folder so like C:\Wug\* rather than just C:\*

{{ WugFresh }}

bhargz just helped me in the other thread. He said:

You dnt need to downgrade if you're using stock ROM..
Just unroot, flash stock recovery, wipe data, and lock bootloader and you're good to go...

Sent from my Nexus 7

I did all that and it worked.

Thank you for your help and for a great program! I'll be using it again when I get my replacement.

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011

No. Actually the one I picked up is already unlocked and rooted.

GaleForce218

Feb 20, 2013
I'm having some trouble getting past the initial setup/driver install phase. I was able to do it in the past using the RAW method however I had to return my tablet due to some defects past what I considered acceptable. I managed to get one that meets my expectations perfectly so I'm ready to really start playing with the device some more.

Anyway the first time around I had no issue installing the drivers that come with the toolkit. However this time around I don't know if I am missing a step or something but I just can't get my PC to not automatically install drivers the moment I connect the device. I already have Driver Auto Config disabled, with the setting to never install from Windows Update enabled.

I have no problem uninstalling the device and using USBDeview to remove all drivers however I keep getting to the point during the driver install where I have to plug the device in. Normally when plugging a device in that doesn't install drivers it would appear unconfigured in the device manager and from there I would be able to tell Windows what drivers to use. However when I plug my device in it just automatically goes straight to installing the drivers on its own and asking me how I want to open the device (browse in explorer, etc.).

So at this point I'm stuck because I can't install the drivers necessary to use the Root Toolkit. If I try to "Update Drivers" and select the specified directory it just tells me Windows has already determined the drivers are up to date.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jsebol80

Jul 9, 2012
I'm glad I'm not the only one having that issue GaleForce. I've been wrecking my brain all day, and this issue has been driving me nuts. I'm in the same boat you are.

TechSoft

Jul 15, 2010
Austin Texas
Thanks clicked

If anyone starts bootlooping for longer than 5 minutes after an unlock than you need to factory reset.

1. Hold down the power button to shut the device off
2. Restart the device holding all three buttons (vol up and down + power button)
3. In bootloader mode, switch the big green START to the red RECOVERY using the volume buttons
4. Enter stock recovery by pressing the power button
5. You will see an android on its back
6. Press Vol up + power button at the same time to enter the stock recovery menu
7. Select "Factory Reset" with the volume buttons and press the power button to initiate it.
8. After the factory reset your device should boot up normally.

{{ WugFresh }}

Awesome as always

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    If anyone starts bootlooping for longer than 5 minutes after an unlock than you need to factory reset.

1. Hold down the power button to shut the device off
    2. Restart the device holding all three buttons (vol up and down + power button)
    3. In bootloader mode, switch the big green START to the red RECOVERY using the volume buttons
    4. Enter stock recovery by pressing the power button
    5. You will see an android on its back
    6. Press Vol up + power button at the same time to enter the stock recovery menu
    7. Select "Factory Reset" with the volume buttons and press the power button to initiate it.
    8. After the factory reset your device should boot up normally.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Version 1.6.3 is up now and the updater package is also live via the in-built updater. Enjoy!
    (Updated changelog coming shortly)

{{ WugFresh }}
    TWRP fails here too. What did you do to fix the problem? I cant seem to get anything to work!

This is what I have to do after the first twrp factory reset fails:

1. Properly and completely turn off your device.
    2. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys until the device powers on. You should see an image of an Android icon lying on its back.
    3. Press Volume Down twice until the screen says “Recovery mode.”
    4. Press Power to restart into “Recovery mode.” You should see an image of an Android with a Red triangle after a few minutes.
    5. Tap Volume Up key while hold and press Power button.
    6. Use the volume keys to scroll to “wipe data/factory reset” and press Power to comfirm.
    7. Use the volume keys to scroll to “Yes – erase all user data” and press Power to confirm.
    8. Your device will reboot itself after the data wipe completed.
    Are you going to update "[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit" to install Root and Recovery with version 4.3?

Yes, by tomorrow.

{{ WugFresh }}