New Moto G, don't boot up..

Search This thread

Mistermatt007

Sep 5, 2012
Le Havre
Hello !

I've bought it today so I used it and decided to empty the battery before using it.
After it powers out, I plug it in on computer, pressed the power button and was a big empty battery with " 0%" so I let it charge and now I can't boot up..

Has anyone had the same problem ?

Thanks

ManBearrrPig

Jan 7, 2012
Hello !

I've bought it today so I used it and decided to empty the battery before using it.
After it powers out, I plug it in on computer, pressed the power button and was a big empty battery with " 0%" so I let it charge and now I can't boot up..

Thanks

plug it in and hold the power button for 2-3minutes. the white led should blink a couple of times. if it does, leave the phone charging for an hour and than unplug it and power it up holding power button.

Reactions: Mistermatt007

TheDoubleTap

Jan 16, 2014
Just a tip

By the way you shouldn't have done empty your battery the first time.

Why ? Because now in our smartphones we have Lithium-Ion battery instead of lead battery so what you did was a good thing ... but for the lead one. When you have a new laptop or smartphone it is already charged up to 40% because if it's below with the natural capacity loss of your battery you could damage the internal circuit and if it is full charged it will be as harmful as if it's not enough charged.

If you empty your battery the first time before using it you can lost 20-25% of its capacity in just one cycle :eek:

So when you have a new smartphone or laptop or anything else with a Litium battery :

- Full charge it before using it
- Discharge it until the warning message "Plug your phone ..."
- Full charge it again

And never empty your battery, keep in mind that there is a complex circuit system which always need electricity.

These informations are from a very very good pdf i read few months ago about Lithium-Ion batteries. Unfortunately it's full french but if someone is interested I can send him a PM with the link :)

Reactions: James Randi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !

Thanks

plug it in and hold the power button for 2-3minutes. the white led should blink a couple of times. if it does, leave the phone charging for an hour and than unplug it and power it up holding power button.
    Just a tip

By the way you shouldn't have done empty your battery the first time.

Why ? Because now in our smartphones we have Lithium-Ion battery instead of lead battery so what you did was a good thing ... but for the lead one. When you have a new laptop or smartphone it is already charged up to 40% because if it's below with the natural capacity loss of your battery you could damage the internal circuit and if it is full charged it will be as harmful as if it's not enough charged.

If you empty your battery the first time before using it you can lost 20-25% of its capacity in just one cycle :eek:

So when you have a new smartphone or laptop or anything else with a Litium battery :

- Full charge it before using it
    - Discharge it until the warning message "Plug your phone ..."
    - Full charge it again

And never empty your battery, keep in mind that there is a complex circuit system which always need electricity.

These informations are from a very very good pdf i read few months ago about Lithium-Ion batteries. Unfortunately it's full french but if someone is interested I can send him a PM with the link :)