[Q] Starting Fresh

Search This thread

monkijuan

Mar 24, 2013
Houston
Hello community, i was wondering if there is a way possible to start fresh (clean slate as when i bought the phone brand new from the store) and then go directly to the newest update Boost Mobile OTA JB 4.2.2 update? My phone keeps asking me if i want to update but i know i cant due to the bootloader not being stock.

Thanks in advance

xpirt

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 19, 2013
Hello community, i was wondering if there is a way possible to start fresh (clean slate as when i bought the phone brand new from the store) and then go directly to the newest update Boost Mobile OTA JB 4.2.2 update? My phone keeps asking me if i want to update but i know i cant due to the bootloader not being stock.

Thanks in advance
So do you receive 4.2.2 OTA and you're on Boost variant?

xpirt

M

Modding.MyMind

@monkijuan

You need to accept the update on your phone but cancel it from updating your phone until a later date.

Then you need to take that update and UPLOAD it on to our forum so we can get our hands on it.

I just got done checking my device for an update and still nothing on my end.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

monkijuan

Mar 24, 2013
Houston
@monkijuan

You need to accept the update on your phone but cancel it from updating your phone until a later date.

Then you need to take that update and UPLOAD it on to our forum so we can get our hands on it.

I just got done checking my device for an update and still nothing on my end.

I started to download but it stopped downloading?! Tried multiple times but to no avail. Could have it been a mistake in the network?

I know that 4.2.2 isn't due to come out later on this year.

M

Modding.MyMind

I started to download but it stopped downloading?! Tried multiple times but to no avail. Could have it been a mistake in the network?

I know that 4.2.2 isn't due to come out later on this year.

Don't know. If it says you have it then it should let you download it. When you accept an ota it gives two options. Either to apply it now or to save it to your device. Can't tell you what is going wrong on your end.

monkijuan

Mar 24, 2013
Houston
Don't know. If it says you have it then it should let you download it. When you accept an ota it gives two options. Either to apply it now or to save it to your device. Can't tell you what is going wrong on your end.

Ill keep on trying and do my best to contribute.

Now that 4.4 may no longer be OTA anymore for the ONE SV only 4.2.2... who knows (fingers crossed)

M

Modding.MyMind

Ill keep on trying and do my best to contribute.

Now that 4.4 may no longer be OTA anymore for the ONE SV only 4.2.2... who knows (fingers crossed)

If you haven't done this yet then give it a try... Attempt to download the ota while connected to WiFi. Data signal could cause it to abort if weak or unstable during the process.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

@monkijuan

There is a ruu for our device now. It will restore you back to stock (4.1.2). If you are S-Off you will not lose it. Should be listed over in @old.splatterhand's index thread.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Maybe using that ruu will allow you to properly download the ota and at which point you can immediately share it here for the rest of us boost users.