Problem installing Xposed since 2.6.1

Search This thread

sutobe

Dec 10, 2013
Hey

I tried to update Xposed FW from 2.60 to 2.61 and when I tried to install the app_process and XposedBridge.jar files via the Framework menu it takes forever and then a notifiation pops up saying I should make sure my phone is rooted and shell commands aren't blocked.

I did nothing to the phone since the last update to 2.60 and every other Xposed update before worked.

I have a rooted Nexus 5 and SUper SU 1.97

Super SU doesn't show a request to approve Xposed rights.

I tried to install an older version of Xposed but that doesnt work.

I cleared the cache of xposed fw and uninstalled, then reinstalled it with several reboots in between. Nothing works.

It keeps saysing xposed is not activated, I should root my phone and that's it.

How can I force SuperSU to ask for root rights for xposed?

Thanks

EDIT: Just saw in the SuperSU log file that it says I need Super SU Pro for Xposed Framework???

Last edited:

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
I tried to update Xposed FW from 2.60 to 2.61 and when I tried to install the app_process and XposedBridge.jar files via the Framework menu it takes forever and then a notifiation pops up saying I should make sure my phone is rooted and shell commands aren't blocked.
Open SuperSU, find "Xposed Installer" and make sure it's set to grant root access. You can also try tapping on "Forget" and you should get asked next time you try to install the framework.
EDIT: Just saw in the SuperSU log file that it says I need Super SU Pro for Xposed Framework???
That's just to see a detailed log.

sutobe

Dec 10, 2013
Open SuperSU, find "Xposed Installer" and make sure it's set to grant root access. You can also try tapping on "Forget" and you should get asked next time you try to install the framework.

That's just to see a detailed log.

The Problem was SuperSU 1.97.

It seems as the phone will lose root with this version (what would make sense then). In the 1.97 announcement post of Chainfire on Google+ was another comment to version 1.98 which fixes the root loss issue (meanwhile SuperSU is already version 1.99).

Xposed is working again after updating SuperSU.