Help with rooting etc

Search This thread

asacado

Jun 7, 2013
So I am about to sunshine the phone and get S-OFF, I've never owned an HTC before this and am used to samsung methods, IE odin. What do I need to do once I get s-off? I read here and there about downgrading firmware so I can actually install roms and such, but what do I do if I am on sense 6 with 4.4.2?

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
Use sunshine to s-off unlock then you can flash a custom recovery from the hboot (bootloader). Then flash a custom Rom or flash super su zip if you want stock Rom through custom recovery.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

asacado

Jun 7, 2013
Use sunshine to s-off unlock then you can flash a custom recovery from the hboot (bootloader). Then flash a custom Rom or flash super su zip if you want stock Rom through custom recovery.

Will I need to downgrade anything since I am on the latest OTA?

BABABANG

Jun 26, 2010
An incredibly easy way to do it is to just use the WinDroid tool somebody posted in the development section. It does everything with one click.

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
An incredibly easy way to do it is to just use the WinDroid tool somebody posted in the development section. It does everything with one click.

It will not unlock the Verizon HTC one bootloader. Verizon ordered HTC to not allow our cid be unlocked via htcdev. We have to use the s-off exploits to unlock also.

This means WinDroid will not do everything.

Although it will aid in installing custom recovery and flashing Rom.

Top Liked Posts