[FRFA] SCH-I510 Frequently Requested Files Archive - Root - Return to Stock- Other

Search This thread

jheide44

Feb 3, 2013
As our device gracefully ages I have often wondered if Droid Charge users will to have access to the files that were common during the earlier days. Well I did something about it, here...

TweakedROM.com - Other Files > SCH-I510

Download responsibly my friends!

Not everything has MD5 posted, not yet. I will update when validated against local working copy and/or original source if still available. Please, read the disclaimers.

(Be kind, for I am n00b.)

Note:
Please, don't ask me to host your stuff. I can take suggestions (if I missed something important), but this is the main package I fall back on when crack flashing.

Other Note:
[Q] Files, great now what?!?!? How do I root?
[A] Check HERE, and if that helps you be sure to thank JihadSquad for the concise summary. (Yes, it will still work on FP5... and FP8)

PS. If I am mirroring any of your original work, I have probably sent PM's... Let me know if there is an issue, I will make it right.

Last edited:

jheide44

Feb 3, 2013
TweakTools Mirror [FP5] -- Continuity!

NEW TweakTools Mirror up and running! (As of 8/9/13)

This is all the files behind the tweaktools v36 .sh script that we have all come to love from our Android Terminal Emulator...

While I haven't procedurally tested every menu option, I've tried out a good many of the menu options. (Let me know if there are download issues, MIME extensions...)

There were like 3 stock bloat apk's I was unable to locate, but the files are is basically 99.9% there! (Not sure about the animated gif images of a flying raibow pooping pop-tart looking cat that represents some of the boot animations... HERE ...is there a back story to that?)

This time directory browsing has been enabled on the webserver. So... feel free to check out the script syntax right from your browser.

TT 36 for Tweaked 3.2 Repository Mirror:
http://tools.tweakedrom.com/SCH-I510/FP5E/tweaktools/

Note: The official repository auto updates your local scripts. NO "REAL" NEED TO POINT TO THIS MIRROR! If the powers that be want to point to this mirror they can make it happen in a way that most TT users may not even notice

However, if the http://www.tonsit.com/tweaktools/ repository goes down again I can and will post files/instructions on how to point your FP5 Tweaked 3.2 deployments at this mirror.

...feel free to play around.

bread crumbs...
there are 3 .sh scripts in "/system/bin" and "/system/xbin" just modify the variable "HOSTURL" to point to the my mirror.
Suppose you could also point "TWEAKSITE" to HERE.

Enjoy!

PS. If TT was ever forked/updated for FP8 this could serve as a fall back plan for those wishing to remain on the FP5 flavor, theoretically... (Don't hold your breath...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Stauf99

jheide44

Feb 3, 2013
Donate:

Truth is that domain names, servers, and bandwidth all have a cost. If you want to share the load feel free to chip in by clicking this:

DONATE (There is a paypal button down in the jheide44 section.)

That said, most of the real effort was put in by folks like Dwitherell and imnuts. Please consider sending your donation dollars in that direction.

PS. By donating you agree that you have read the disclaimer page, HERE... and THIS. As such, you are aware that donations formally entitle you to NOTHING.

Last edited:

jco23

Nov 17, 2011
awesome. just FYI, the links to the tweaktools (themes, applications, CWM mods) leads to a forbidden screen.

but glad to see the torch being passed on.

long live the Charge!

jheide44

Feb 3, 2013
awesome. just FYI, the links to the tweaktools (themes, applications, CWM mods) leads to a forbidden screen.

but glad to see the torch being passed on.

long live the Charge!

Not sure if there will be any "torch" passing... my mom doesn't let me play with fire. :silly:

Thanks, and thanks again for testing that other thing :)

I did throw out some RE-bloat FP8 "/system/app" goodies from my dedexing efforts. Poke around the repository, tools subdomain... Ya can't miss it (currently that is all I have to post out there).

Most folks probably just grab those bits out of the Deodexed Bloated zip that Dwith has posted here on XDA.

PS.
I left some "love notes" to the world at the top of the "repository" page. It is/was just a proof of concept thing, might lead to nothing...

Per the website...
This is just an sandbox/idea I dreamed up... it may go nowhere. Don't get your hopes up.
Quick and Dirty copy of the old TT instructions appears below... for informational purposes only... Links are Broke... This is not something I want to hear complaints about...

Last edited:

jco23

Nov 17, 2011
Not sure if there will be any "torch" passing... my mom doesn't let me play with fire. :silly:

Thanks, and thanks again for testing that other thing :)

I did throw out some RE-bloat FP8 "/system/app" goodies from my dedexing efforts. Poke around the repository, tools subdomain... Ya can't miss it (currently that is all I have to post out there).

Most folks probably just grab those bits out of the Deodexed Bloated zip that Dwith has posted here on XDA.

PS.
I left some "love notes" to the world at the top of the "repository" page. It is/was just a proof of concept thing, might lead to nothing...

Per the website...

ah.... well, I think they might exist somewhere still, as I was able to download them not toooo long ago (even the image of the theme was available). lone problem though is getting permission from the themers to re-post them. I still have ICA theme, BLN mod, some boot animations, and a few others if needed.

but in any event, thank you. i'm here for help.

jheide44

Feb 3, 2013
ah.... well, I think they might exist somewhere still, as I was able to download them not toooo long ago (even the image of the theme was available). lone problem though is getting permission from the themers to re-post them. I still have ICA theme, BLN mod, some boot animations, and a few others if needed.

No problem.

Oh yes original credit for TT to Tonsit... Dwith and all the others that brought it together so nicely back in the day!

Credit: Original TT instructions here http://www.tonsit.com/tweaktools/ The links you mentioned are broken there also (my little thing was just a cut and paste to make sure the information is not lost forever).

The tonsit repository has been going up and down (noticed it kicking to mirror from TT terminal interface in recent weeks/months, it was back up last night).

I have been unable to make contact some of the original contributors. If I've done anything offensive let me know, I will make it right.

Permission is the Catch 22... may be no point in tryint to preserve it if there is nothing FP8 flavored to deploy.

...my last Daily driver device was FP5 Tweaked 3.2 all the way!

Reactions: jco23

Stauf99

Dec 23, 2012
Thank you so much for this because i know one day the ota updates will no longer be ota available.

how do we use the OTA Updates (Stock from VZW)?

jheide44

Feb 3, 2013
Thank you so much for this because i know one day the ota updates will no longer be ota available.

how do we use the OTA Updates (Stock from VZW)?

It has been a while since I played with those... I remember how I plucked them from "/cache" better than than how I upgraded with the FP8 OTA zip. (I DID NOT RENAME THE FILES.)

I originally downloaded an FP8 OTA from XDA before it was formally rolled-out to my device. I remember trying a couple things to get on FP8 the first time (before the OTA roll-out formally hit my phone). After a return to stock, I might have just renamed it "update.zip" and installed from stock recovery, not sure anymore.

If I recall I later stumbled across this method:
Put the OTA zip files on your SD card, after an ODIN return to stock EP4D, flash custom recovery,battery pull, reboot into recovery, then install the CWM zip files like any other CWM zip install... just install the zip files in the proper sequence... I rebooted after each iteration (losing custom recovery each time), so had to re-flash CWM a lot. It was a rinse and repeat operation... (If I recall cutting corners on the full rinse & repeat turned out poorly...)

But it was so long ago I am a bit fuzzy... (so don't try anything I said from your daily driver device, cause I'm just a crazy guy from the internet!)

just a wild guess:
you might be able to temporary cwm, root via cwm install zip (without renaming/deleting "install-recovery.sh"), put the file in /cache, maybe reboot here, and install from "settings > about phone > system update" (maybe have to use stock recovery here instead) ... when it automatically reboots... repeat for each OTA zip
(I have never tried this, but it would be an interesting path to attempt)

If you do decide to play with it nandroid first... and please report your findings :)

Ultimately I'm sure if/when the OTA's go away someone will take the time to test and formally document the process (I know would).

PS
Wouldn't it be nice if we had an Odin return to stock FP8 option ;)
(as always, no promises)

Last edited:

Stauf99

Dec 23, 2012
PS
Wouldn't it be nice if we had an Odin return to stock FP8 option ;)
(as always, no promises)

haha for sure, unless a FP8 tweaked never comes out i'd probably wanna go back to FP5 for tweaked 3.2

Thanks for the response, I tried install .zip as usual with CWM 302 but it just kinda stopped when i tried.

Is there a way to ODIN the stock recovery, because no matter how many times i re-ODIN the EP4 thing i can't actually do anything, when i click on any of the options (with the power button of course) they don't work. even restart. I have to hold power to get the phone to do anything else

jheide44

Feb 3, 2013
haha for sure, unless a FP8 tweaked never comes out i'd probably wanna go back to FP5 for tweaked 3.2

Thanks for the response, I tried install .zip as usual with CWM 302 but it just kinda stopped when i tried.

Is there a way to ODIN the stock recovery, because no matter how many times i re-ODIN the EP4 thing i can't actually do anything, when i click on any of the options (with the power button of course) they don't work. even restart. I have to hold power to get the phone to do anything else

I've never had success with nandroid backups on the 302 "blue" recovery... I've never played with ext4 either... (As such no MD5 on the site and general missing MD5 disclaimer... If someone has a known working copy of the 302 "blue" ext4 friendly recovery please let me have a copy... I'd like to compare MD5s)

try "0817_charge_recovery.tar.md5" from the site, the Orange one
MD5: 681b53aedc889285d3e18e9e23bd199d

If you Odin back to stock again you will have the stock recovery, right? If your 302 CWM buttons aren't working from recovery that might be your only option...

If not, Dwith posted a stock FP8 recovery here (might also want to read up on what was said about ext4 and the stock FP8 Kernel)

Given the button thing, i am not sure about the stock recovery image from an odin thing... I've never tried that for this device (safe bet is another return to stock Odin party.)

Anyone try fastboot? I haven't yet on a samsung device....

Side Note:
I imagine lots of folks will return to Tweaked 3.2 FP5... That is where I stayed prior to the GN2...

TT 3.6 for Tweaked 3.2 Mirror:
I'm tinkering with creating a mirror for the FP5 back end of TT... (a piece of art like this needs to be preserved, or something like that...)

PS Don't try to put the FP5 bits on FP8... i'm not saying you can't or that some things won't work... it would just be IMPOSSIBLE to support/get help if/when the issues present

TT-ish like FP8 thing:
got a little ROM project floating around... I've also been tinkering with the back-end of the TT script stuffs ... may go nowhere on FP8 ... Without a bunch of flashy themes and UI tweaks (TSM Parts) most users would not appreciate it on FP8, and just complain. (Right?)

I MIGHT try to rebrand it "weaktools" on the little FP8 thing for my Jedi skills are weak. (Note: I fully reserve the right to not deliver on this!)

Last edited:

jheide44

Feb 3, 2013
OOPS ignore this...

Please ignore...

Ever wonder how often a message board gets "butt-dialed?"

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Stauf99

Dec 23, 2012
I've never had success with nandroid backups on the 302 "blue" recovery... I've never played with ext4 either... (As such no MD5 on the site and general missing MD5 disclaimer... If someone has a known working copy of the 302 "blue" ext4 friendly recovery please let me have a copy... I'd like to compare MD5s)

try "0817_charge_recovery.tar.md5" from the site, the Orange one
MD5: 681b53aedc889285d3e18e9e23bd199d

If you Odin back to stock again you will have the stock recovery, right? If your 302 CWM buttons aren't working from recovery that might be your only option...

If not, Dwith posted a stock FP8 recovery here (might also want to read up on what was said about ext4 and the stock FP8 Kernel)

Given the button thing, i am not sure about the stock recovery image from an odin thing... I've never tried that for this device (safe bet is another return to stock Odin party.)

the custom recoveries work just fine, but on my stock recovery i can't actually use the commands, i can scroll no problem, but when i hit the power button over any of the 4 options nothing ever happens

jheide44

Feb 3, 2013
Reserve #2 Updated

BUMP... Reserve #2 Updated...

Enjoy!

jheide44

Feb 3, 2013
Note: The official repository auto updates your local scripts. NO NEED TO POINT TO UNOFFICIAL MIRROR! ...but feel free to play.

Accidentally quoted myself instead of updating the reserved.... Cheers to user error :)

*** stupid fat sausage fingers and tiny Tapatalk buttons ***

Last edited:

Stauf99

Dec 23, 2012
If I recall I later stumbled across this method:
Put the OTA zip files on your SD card, after an ODIN return to stock EP4D, flash custom recovery,battery pull, reboot into recovery, then install the CWM zip files like any other CWM zip install... just install the zip files in the proper sequence... I rebooted after each iteration (losing custom recovery each time), so had to re-flash CWM a lot. It was a rinse and repeat operation... (If I recall cutting corners on the full rinse & repeat turned out poorly...)

The upgrades work like a charm. Just put on to sd card and update .zip through stock recovery.
I'm not sure how well they actually "work" because I haven't actually done anything on the phone yet, but when i went to 'about phone' in settings everything was aces, with each upgrade

you da man jheide44

Last edited:

jheide44

Feb 3, 2013
tweaktools

fwiw, i'm moving my web hosting solution around.

tweakedROM.com (tweaktools) will be back up and running after a few days.

Just an FYI...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As our device gracefully ages I have often wondered if Droid Charge users will to have access to the files that were common during the earlier days. Well I did something about it, here...

TweakedROM.com - Other Files > SCH-I510

Download responsibly my friends!

Not everything has MD5 posted, not yet. I will update when validated against local working copy and/or original source if still available. Please, read the disclaimers.

(Be kind, for I am n00b.)

Note:
    Please, don't ask me to host your stuff. I can take suggestions (if I missed something important), but this is the main package I fall back on when crack flashing.

Other Note:
    [Q] Files, great now what?!?!? How do I root?
    [A] Check HERE, and if that helps you be sure to thank JihadSquad for the concise summary. (Yes, it will still work on FP5... and FP8)

PS. If I am mirroring any of your original work, I have probably sent PM's... Let me know if there is an issue, I will make it right.
    TweakTools Mirror [FP5] -- Continuity!

This is all the files behind the tweaktools v36 .sh script that we have all come to love from our Android Terminal Emulator...

While I haven't procedurally tested every menu option, I've tried out a good many of the menu options. (Let me know if there are download issues, MIME extensions...)

There were like 3 stock bloat apk's I was unable to locate, but the files are is basically 99.9% there! (Not sure about the animated gif images of a flying raibow pooping pop-tart looking cat that represents some of the boot animations... HERE ...is there a back story to that?)

This time directory browsing has been enabled on the webserver. So... feel free to check out the script syntax right from your browser.

TT 36 for Tweaked 3.2 Repository Mirror:
    http://tools.tweakedrom.com/SCH-I510/FP5E/tweaktools/

Note: The official repository auto updates your local scripts. NO "REAL" NEED TO POINT TO THIS MIRROR! If the powers that be want to point to this mirror they can make it happen in a way that most TT users may not even notice

However, if the http://www.tonsit.com/tweaktools/ repository goes down again I can and will post files/instructions on how to point your FP5 Tweaked 3.2 deployments at this mirror.

...feel free to play around.

bread crumbs...
    there are 3 .sh scripts in "/system/bin" and "/system/xbin" just modify the variable "HOSTURL" to point to the my mirror.
    Suppose you could also point "TWEAKSITE" to HERE.

Enjoy!

PS. If TT was ever forked/updated for FP8 this could serve as a fall back plan for those wishing to remain on the FP5 flavor, theoretically... (Don't hold your breath...)

No problem.

Oh yes original credit for TT to Tonsit... Dwith and all the others that brought it together so nicely back in the day!

Credit: Original TT instructions here http://www.tonsit.com/tweaktools/ The links you mentioned are broken there also (my little thing was just a cut and paste to make sure the information is not lost forever).

The tonsit repository has been going up and down (noticed it kicking to mirror from TT terminal interface in recent weeks/months, it was back up last night).

I have been unable to make contact some of the original contributors. If I've done anything offensive let me know, I will make it right.

Permission is the Catch 22... may be no point in tryint to preserve it if there is nothing FP8 flavored to deploy.

...my last Daily driver device was FP5 Tweaked 3.2 all the way!
    the custom recoveries work just fine, but on my stock recovery i can't actually use the commands, i can scroll no problem, but when i hit the power button over any of the 4 options nothing ever happens

Ohhh I see...

Hit home :)