CyanogenMod 10.1 - GT-I9195 - Stable & Nightlies - Bug Reports & Discussion

Search This thread

Whosat

May 9, 2013
I actually mistook his previous issue and thought he couldn't access his SD card after rooting.

I have just installed CM10.1 Alpha on my phone and everything is working good so far except the following bugs:

1. Some sensors are not reading on the GPS Status app. They used to work fine on the stock Samsung ROM.

2. From the quick-toggle menu, turning LTE on will cause the Data Mode switch to change to 2G. Turning it off will change to 2G+3G. Is there any way to unify those 2 switches to toggle between 2G/2G+3G/3G+4G/4G?

EDIT: 3. I seem to lose GPS totally (icon disappears from status bar) after 10 seconds of gaining fix. (And the fix is not accurate either). This happens a couple of times after closing and opening Maps (from Play Store) over 2 hours (I'm travelling).
(But this is fixed after a reboot)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376461947703.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376461947703.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20130814_143906.JPG
    IMG_20130814_143906.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
Ok guys I am back.
Regarding phone numbers seems to be a general issue: https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-427 all jb seem to have it so this rom maks no difference.
The battery is ok, after a night of idle the drop is same as rom.
Most of the bugs were imaginary at my point :p I haven't used GPS yet to test it.
The format card option still missing.
And the changing language crash issues at my phone but mainly because I am using a different keyboard and removed the latinime.apk and also I removed all search/voice related apks cause I don't use it. So I guess the only real thing that remains is the sd card.

Whosat

May 9, 2013
The phone numbers issue may be unique to your locale. I am not experiencing such a problem with my locale.

I can't reproduce the language change setting so its most likely the result of you deleting the related APKs as you have mentioned.

The phone seems fine in my pocket, not unlocking by itself or turning itself on randomly.

Last edited:

flel

Mar 2, 2011
Berlin
Works nicely!

Impossible to change call volume level using a 3rd party Headset. Problems occurs with stock OS too. What about BLN?

flel

Mar 2, 2011
Berlin
Indeed, I asked the same question before. However, I only intended to put it in the right place.

One a first glance, ButtonLED doesn't really work. Dont have time for extensive testing at the moment. Will get back

Reactions: cloogshizer

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
well since it's a ledless device I think BLN should be on feature request :p

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

The phone numbers issue may be unique to your locale. I am not experiencing such a problem with my locale.

I can't reproduce the language change setting so its most likely the result of you deleting the related APKs as you have mentioned.

The phone seems fine in my pocket, not unlocking by itself or turning itself on randomly.

I don't understand. What locale do you have? I also mentioned I changed 5 locales and ALL were formating numbers like that.
I am currently using english uk.

Whosat

May 9, 2013
I'm in Singapore so I use English (Singapore) and it works absolutely fine!

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
can you tell me how are the numbers displayed?

pls type this number on dial ( starting with 0 )

Hmz this is very weird. not all numbers are displayed that way.
If dialed number starts with 0,3,7,8,9 it will add spaces.

Last edited:

Whosat

May 9, 2013
Here

Also, just a heads up that arco68 has updated his thread to instruct to use gapps build 20130812 instead of the old one.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376478626891.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376478626891.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
very very weird, I am using the same rom and selecting english-singapore won't help.
you ARE using the same rom right?

just performed a test. wiped everything, installed this build and gapps without touching anything, booted, the system asks for language I choose english singapore and still, dial is incorrect.
my only remaining idea is that is an CSC issue.

Last edited:

Battlehero

Sorry for the late reply

Sorry for not replying to your question, However I did the steps you took to allow root access and I installed SuperSu from Google Play store
I did not know that CyanogenMod had a built in Superuser app however I simple updated my binary with SuperSu one and my device seems to functioning perfectly. I was using a unbranded MF7 Rom on my carrier locked device(MF5) :p

Whosat

May 9, 2013
@btnetro I think it would be a CSC issue then. I am using the exact things listed in arco68's thread (with gapps build 20130812).

@Battlehero I guess as long as everything is working then you're all good! I got the steps to enable root on the default file browser too :) (Did this over unbranded MFA on a carrier unlocked phone)

Works nicely!

Impossible to change call volume level using a 3rd party Headset. Problems occurs with stock OS too. What about BLN?
Did you try other 3rd party headsets? It could be an issue specific to that headset only

Last edited:

Dijinn

Feb 19, 2008
São Paulo
I think I asked this before but no one gave an answer to it...Is it possible to flash this version on i9192, the dual sim version of S4 Mini 3G?

flel

Mar 2, 2011
Berlin
Did you try other 3rd party headsets? It could be an issue specific to that headset only

Yes, I did. Tried three different headsets/phones. Notice that I used the button on the left of the phone. The indicator changes accordingly.
Volume changes while listening to music are no a problem at all. Dont know whether this is hard or software related.

Last edited:

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
I think I asked this before but no one gave an answer to it...Is it possible to flash this version on i9192, the dual sim version of S4 Mini 3G?

no, more on that you may brick your phone so don't even try.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Baseband: I9195XXUAMFA

no idea what csc, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.manniakk.cscselector if you have a few minutes to check the csc ( check only ) it would help me alot as I can change the csc and reproduce everything just like in your phone.
it's very weird we have two devices same os however they are behaving differently

Dijinn

Feb 19, 2008
São Paulo
no, more on that you may brick your phone so don't even try.

Is there any possibility of building CM10.1 to this phone, btnetro? What do I actually need to be able to build an alpha version myself?
Can you link me to a thread or something where I can find this info? I've been searching all around and didn't find any clues...

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
Well you can't do that unless arco provides the sources, since this is not an official cm release... Only he has them.
If you want to build from an source and make it your own I guess you can do that but I have no idea how.
I know your frustration we all had it til recent, I guess you have to wait until a developer looks into device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

*UPDATE: Both the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE and international 3G variants now have official nightlies & stable 10.1.3! Get them at http://get.cm/?device=serranoltexx and http://get.cm/?device=serrano3gxx respectively.

This thread is to discuss any issues you may have or bug reports to raise regarding the CM10.1 nightlies AND stable versions for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE variant (GT-I9195) only.

Opened this thread so that newbies can also post their issues here, as well as to keep the release thread clean for development-related discussions only.

** DO NOT USE THE JIRA BUG TRACKER TO REPORT BUGS FOR NIGHTLIES!
    Sir arco68 has suggested that all bugs still be reported here despite having a stable version as it is a more central location to view and see bug reports.

-------

Links
    Release thread / Development discussion | CyanogenMod 10.1

How to install CM10.1

1. Root and install using ONLY CWM recovery (available here: [RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195))
    2. Copy all the files you downloaded for CM10.1 (From http://get.cm) into your SD card along with the Google Applications (Optional, recommended - get the latest one for CM10.1.x)
    3. Boot into CWM (Vol Up + Home just as the phone is booting up, navigate using Vol btns, HOME to select, POWER to back)
    4. Make a backup of your NANDroid (Optional - Do this if you wish to return to your previous ROM)
    5. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and press Yes
    6. Select wipe cache partition" and press Yes
    7. Flash cm-10.1-2013xxxx-XXX-serranoltexx.zip file FIRST (or RC or stable)
    8. Then flash gapps (Optional)

Notes
    • When upgrading between CM10.1 versions, you still need to flash the gapps module after upgrading as /system is wiped.
    • Notes about updating to latest stock FW before flashing custom ROMs
    • Screenshot is Vol-Down + Home in CM10.1
    • The ROM comes with a Superuser app. You don't need to install another one.
    • When installing themes which appear to be improperly compiled, apply the default system theme and reboot and try again.
    • CM10.1 doesn't come with an FM Radio app.

-------------------------

It would help greatly to be detailed in your bug reports and to provide logs (in [code][/code] blocks), in an organised manner.

LIST OF ISSUES

Unverified
    • Auto-unlock with flip cover doesn't work [1] [2]
    • WLAN instability, network switching issues and low GSM call quality (vs. Samsung ROM) [1] [2]
    • RC1 - Sporadic reboots [1] [2] [3] [4]
    • Changing exposure offset in Camera causes a crash [1]

Verified & Reproduced / Work-in-Progress

Fixed / In coming build

User-fixable

Unable to reproduce / Unique to certain users / Unable to fix / Kernel issue
    • Changing language will crash settings (but language does change) [1] [X1] [X2]
    • Increase in battery drain [1] [X]
    • Phone: Numbers always display in the format "xxx-xxx-xxxx" [1] [X1] [X2]
    • Phone unlocks in pocket randomly [1] [X1] [X2]
    • 4G quick-toggle makes Data Mode quick-toggle change to 2G [1] [X]
    • Unable to adjust call volume with 3rd party headsets (exists on stock ROM as well) [X]
    • No "Personalise Call Sound" in Call Settings [1] [X]
    • Unable to access external SD card in apps like Poweramp & VPlayer [1] [2] [X1] [X2]
    • Speaker crackles at low frequencies [1] [2] [3] [X1]

-------------------------

FEATURE REQUESTS

Requests
    • Move apps to external SD card / set external SD card as default SD card [1]

Accepted (being/will be worked on in the future)
    ----
    Last updated: 08 Oct 2013, 0706hrs (+8GMT)
    All devices have been moved to weekly builds.
    Good news about FM radio. I have it working very good in CM 10.2. The bad news is, it doesn't look like anyone else in CM cares about it, so I don't think it will ever be added. All I can suggest is that you spam CM's Google+ channel with requests for it, then maybe they will listen.
    I think we've been spending too much time discussing problems that we forget to thank @arco68 on what a marvellous job he has done porting this ROM to our phones and how butter-smooth this ROM is running and how there are no core issues at all despite it being in the ALPHA stage.

On behalf of the SGS4mini mod community, thank you @arco68 sir for all your hard work! :)
    It's merged in 10.2 and working fine.