[Q] Did I brick my Droid RAZR?

Search This thread
Mar 24, 2013
Okay so this is what happened. I had been having problems with a ROM I had so I wanted to try out a new one. The new one wouldn't flash for some reason (correct slot and downloaded correctly yes), and I had already deleted my other ROM to make space for the new one. My "BACKUP"ROM I had under TWRP folder all of a sudden was not there anymore and now I had really no option but to use an ICS stock ROM. Instead, I tried to flash the new ROM onto the STOCK ROM slot and when I rebooted the little android malfunction icon popped up and I can't even access the SafeStrap recovery mode, only the simple one where you use the volume keys as controls. (Yes I'm a noob in need of help). So can somebody help me and tell me how to get ANY KIND OF ROM on my phone? lol Thank you guys.

mcchots

Apr 2, 2007
Johannesburg
Okay so this is what happened. I had been having problems with a ROM I had so I wanted to try out a new one. The new one wouldn't flash for some reason (correct slot and downloaded correctly yes), and I had already deleted my other ROM to make space for the new one. My "BACKUP"ROM I had under TWRP folder all of a sudden was not there anymore and now I had really no option but to use an ICS stock ROM. Instead, I tried to flash the new ROM onto the STOCK ROM slot and when I rebooted the little android malfunction icon popped up and I can't even access the SafeStrap recovery mode, only the simple one where you use the volume keys as controls. (Yes I'm a noob in need of help). So can somebody help me and tell me how to get ANY KIND OF ROM on my phone? lol Thank you guys.

I did this yesterday.

You will have to flash the Stock ROM back to the phone using RSD Lite or similar. Check sbf.droid-developers.org - Droid Razr for ROMS. I'm assuming you have a XT912.

If you have a XT910 look here RAZR XT910 Firmwares SuperThread (Jelly Bean) or sbf.droid-developers.org

Mar 24, 2013

I did this yesterday.

You will have to flash the Stock ROM back to the phone using RSD Lite or similar. Check sbf.droid-developers.org - Droid Razr for ROMS. I'm assuming you have a XT912.

If you have a XT910 look here RAZR XT910 Firmwares SuperThread (Jelly Bean) or sbf.droid-developers.org

Before its battery go zero flash with rsd lite ur region firmware

Tapped from Razr

uhhhh, and suppose my battery WERE to run out...0_0 ...then what?

Crimson88

May 16, 2013
The big downside of flashing with RSD Lite is it will erase your internal memory.