Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 performance question

Search This thread

sw6lee

Apr 20, 2011
Hi everyone, I have a question for Tab 3 7.0 users.

I have the Tab 4 7.0, and it has Marvell quad-core chip and 1.5GB ram. Because Marvell chip is not as powerful as Snapdragon 400 in Tab 4 8.0 and 10.1 versions, my Tab 4 7.0 stutters quite a bit. It doesn't freeze so that's good, but animations within apps (Not in launcher cause I'm using Nova) are pretty slow. For ex. could you please do me a favour and download Any.cal calendar app and see if you have this issue? When I press + button to add an event in **Portrait mode**, it has some nice animation going on, but it's very slow. Same for apps like Google play music, where if I pull out the left side menu, the pulling out animation is jittery, and not smooth, and also if i pull Up the current playing song, it isn't smooth at all either. If I pull the left side menu for Wunderlist To-do app, it's VERY laggy. And if I switch between tabs by swiping left and right on certain apps, the sliding animation is jittery too.

I'm wondering if Tab3 7.0 also have this issue, and if so, I'm wondering if they can be fixed with custom roms, tweaks, etc. Cstayton said he will look into building performance tweak for out tab, but I have to decide soon if I should return this tab and keep my iPad 3 (which lags time to time as well, but overall smoother), or if I should keep this Tab 4 7.0, and sell my iPad 3. If the slow animations and lags can be fixed with roms, tweaks, etc, I really want to keep this Tab 4 7.0. It's so much more compact (only ~270g), and has nice display, and also looks nice too. iPad 3 is VERY heavy, and also very locked down of course. Can't even jailbreak iOS 7.1 at ALL.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Ripshock

Dec 21, 2013
Bayt Jala
Tab3 7 has performance lag so we flash roms go to galaxy tab3 7 android development, they are good

Model:SM-T210R/ Rom: [url=" http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2489395] Stockrom Series v7.1[/url]/ Kernel: [url=" http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2439564] Blackhawk v2.1[/url]/ Mood: Satisfied