Using Palm Treo 750v as UMTS Modem for Mac

Search This thread

helge

Dec 12, 2006
Hi there,

has anybody of you experience with using a Palm Treo 750v as UMTS Modem for a Mac (PowerPC, Max OS 10.4.x -> newest OS)? Does it work? Do I need additional software?
Thanks a lot,
best
Helge

muller_1

Nov 4, 2006
san jose
www.fcots.com
Close

I've been working on this for a bit and it seems that the Modem scripts that I was using to connect via DUN on the Palm OS version (680, BT, Cingular, UMTS) is not working on the same carrier and over BT and on the same network. The only thing I can think of is that WinMo needs a special type of modem script on the Mac side in order for it to connect.

I keep receiving Modem errors. I can establish a connection, but somewhere around sending PPP packets and authentication the connection dies.

adambern

May 2, 2003
Try this

Ross Barkham sent me this and it works well.

Unzip the file, dump the contents into your modem scrips directory:

Macintosh HD > Library > Modem Scripts.

Then pair the 750v and mac. Follow the options, when you get to choosing the modem for internet dialling, choose the file you've just dumped into Modem Scripts and then complete the setup wizard.

Works perfectly for me.

Adam

twaddle

Nov 3, 2005
use mine as a modem all the time with the ipaq scripts which from experience have worked with all winmo devices.

muller_1

Nov 4, 2006
san jose
www.fcots.com
Ross Barkham sent me this and it works well.

Unzip the file, dump the contents into your modem scrips directory:

Macintosh HD > Library > Modem Scripts.

Then pair the 750v and mac. Follow the options, when you get to choosing the modem for internet dialling, choose the file you've just dumped into Modem Scripts and then complete the setup wizard.

Works perfectly for me.

Adam

And you, kind sir, have just become my Santa for this christmas season. Works like a charm!

The generic 3G modem scripts weren't working on winmobile, but the Treo 3G CID1 script you attached worked perfectly. I now get a consistent 241Kbps down so I assume that i'm only hitting UMTS and not HSDPA.

ir803

Jan 5, 2007
having a nightmare with this.

I'm using a ibook OSX 10.4, I just got my new Palm Treo 750v, Vodafone have given me settings for connection on my mac and I have installed the treo modem script above, but I just can't get the laptop to connect through the phone it's says, "no carrier detected, check phone line connection"
my vodafone connection settings are :-
phone number - vodafone
account - web
password - web

any ideas ??

questnyc

Jan 14, 2007
Can someone please another link to the file?

When I tried to download the file all I got was "attachment.php".

TIA

Can someone please POST another link to the file?..sorry about that

Last edited:

picturehouse

Jan 31, 2007
hi i have been trying to setup my treo 750 as a modem but after pairing, my mac doesn't detect any modem services on my treo. is there something wrong here?

i've been thinking it could be connected to the fact that i tried cleaning up the notification queue on my treo. that stopped activesync from functioning and i'm wondering if this issue may be connected.

jmassas@prtc.net

Aug 10, 2008
I down loaded the treo 3g CIDI file and i can't unzip it. I need help to ID an aplication to unzip, I have a treo 750 and a MacBook pro. TY