[Q] Atrix in general

Search This thread

eSu.Matix

Apr 21, 2011
Berlin
Hello.
I'm a Motorola Milestone XT720 owner and I love my phone. XT720 was my first Android device but since now it's an year old so I wanna change it with something better. As an Motorola user I experienced the locked bootloader issue, the lack of support from Motorola and the tone of unstable and full of little annoying issues ROMs. Now we have several great and stable ROMs but it was a long road we walk true. I personally like MIUI with LauncherProPlus but our MIUI and CM9 are not very stable and camera does not work, so I use CM7 which is also great.

So since I walk you true my Android experience I have several questions to ask:

- How do you feel in general for your Atrix?
- Does Motorola plan to unlock the bootloader?
- Does Motorola plan to update Atrix to 4.0 ICS? (I guess so cause now Motorola is owned by Google but I'm not sure)
- Are there really complete and stable 3rd part ROMs for Atrix in XDA.
- Would you advice me to buy another phone instead of Atrix for the same amount of money?
- I heard that Atrix's display fills with dust over time and it cannot be cleaned which is really annoying.
- How do you feel about build quality of Atrix. Is it easy to break/scratch/crack cause I use to drop my phone very often, about once every month or so and I already have some minor damages over my XT720.

Cheers and thank you in advance!

tehrules

May 4, 2011
Without being rude buddy, there's a search feature and the first few questions you've asked are already answered.

Some of them should be obvious when you look in the development section too.

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
Without being rude buddy, there's a search feature and the first few questions you've asked are already answered.

+ 1 there have been several threads started about this very same topic

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Reactions: eSu.Matix

eSu.Matix

Apr 21, 2011
Berlin
I wasn't at home when I post this tread and I needed a fast answer. You could save me hours of reading withing 2 min and few lines but anyway. Thank you for your spent time posting remark. I will still appreciate if someone manage to answer my questions.

Last edited:

stewartsoda

Apr 25, 2008
Somewhere In Idaho
I wasn't at home when I post this tread and I needed a fast answer. You could save me hours of reading withing 2 min and few lines but anyway. Thank you for your spent time posting remark. I will still appreciate if someone manage to answer my questions.

Whoa, a member from BG? Strahotno!

Okay, I'll try to help because I'm a nice guy. But this has all been covered before.

1. Read the n00b guide. It's stickied.

Love it. After a few tweaks (mostly just the raindrop fix) I think it's great.
Nope. Not gonna happen officially. There is a workaround though.
- Does Motorola plan to update Atrix to 4.0 ICS? (I guess so cause now Motorola is owned by Google but I'm not sure)
For ATT, yes. For international, probably.
There are some. They are complete. They are mostly stable. Read the Android Dev section.
- Would you advice me to buy another phone instead of Atrix for the same amount of money?
Nope. Maybe the SGS2, it's a toss-up.
- I heard that Atrix's display fills with dust over time and it cannot be cleaned which is really annoying.
Never had that problem in either of the two I've had.
- How do you feel about build quality of Atrix. Is it easy to break/scratch/crack cause I use to drop my phone very often, about once every month or so and I already have some minor damages over my XT720.
Strong, although it pains me to think about dropping mine. Put a case on it. Even with Gorilla Glass the screen will scratch. I have had a screen protector on my replacement one since day one.

rlillard

Apr 16, 2011
SF Bay Area

Strong, although it pains me to think about dropping mine. Put a case on it. Even with Gorilla Glass the screen will scratch. I have had a screen protector on my replacement one since day one.

On a related note, the Atrix is among the easier phones to repair your-self if you are into that sort of thing.

See http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Motorola-Atrix-4G-Teardown/4964/1

I want to add that the Atrix received a repairability score of 9 out of 10. See step 15.

I bought my Atrix on opening day just over a year ago. I have had some issues, but nothing major. I am not very impressed with any of the new phones being announced. Some are marginally better is some areas, others not. None are close to good enough to make me replace my Atrix and that includes the newest Nexus from Samsung.

Last edited:

xploited

Feb 8, 2009

Love it. The hardware is very capable. The bootloader is unlocked. There are many great developers who fix and improve things for us.
No. The community has found a way to unlock the bootloader.
Yes. It says so on their official web-site. But it will take a long time. CM9 is in beta already on the other hand.
Yes, there are many great complete stable ROMs for the atrix. (Neutrino, Aura, etc)
Atrix has the best hardware for it's price. I doubt you can find anything better in this price range.
No, it doesn't.
The build quality is really good. I do use my phone in an otterbox case, so it still looks like new after 6 months of use. And if you drop your phone often, I recommend using an otterbox as well.

eSu.Matix

Apr 21, 2011
Berlin
I really appreciate all your answers. Tomorrow or on Monday I will be a proud owner of my own Atrix. There is an offer for 289€ with two years Bulgarian or one year international warranty without a contract to operator so it's an awesome price for an awesome phone.
Thank you all for your answers. Really helped me.
I hope I can be in help to the community soon.
@ stewartsoda - Ти си страхотен, приятел. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

+ 1 there have been several threads started about this very same topic

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Okay, I'll try to help because I'm a nice guy. But this has all been covered before.

1. Read the n00b guide. It's stickied.

Love it. After a few tweaks (mostly just the raindrop fix) I think it's great.
    Nope. Not gonna happen officially. There is a workaround though.
    For ATT, yes. For international, probably.
    There are some. They are complete. They are mostly stable. Read the Android Dev section.
    Nope. Maybe the SGS2, it's a toss-up.
    Never had that problem in either of the two I've had.

On a related note, the Atrix is among the easier phones to repair your-self if you are into that sort of thing.

See http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Motorola-Atrix-4G-Teardown/4964/1

I want to add that the Atrix received a repairability score of 9 out of 10. See step 15.

I bought my Atrix on opening day just over a year ago. I have had some issues, but nothing major. I am not very impressed with any of the new phones being announced. Some are marginally better is some areas, others not. None are close to good enough to make me replace my Atrix and that includes the newest Nexus from Samsung.

Love it. The hardware is very capable. The bootloader is unlocked. There are many great developers who fix and improve things for us.
    No. The community has found a way to unlock the bootloader.
    Yes. It says so on their official web-site. But it will take a long time. CM9 is in beta already on the other hand.
    Yes, there are many great complete stable ROMs for the atrix. (Neutrino, Aura, etc)
    Atrix has the best hardware for it's price. I doubt you can find anything better in this price range.
    No, it doesn't.
    The build quality is really good. I do use my phone in an otterbox case, so it still looks like new after 6 months of use. And if you drop your phone often, I recommend using an otterbox as well.