[Q] Cannot update the music player list

Search This thread

peterhon

Nov 15, 2012
Hi all,
I am using GingerBread for Samsung Note 1. My music player no longer updated the playlist when I added new songs to the phone.
I guess there must be crash in the updating of the playlist database. Any method that I can use to determine how the crash happened and then I can try to fix it? (I rooted the phone )

Thanks. :eek:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Hi all,
I am using GingerBread for Samsung Note 1. My music player no longer updated the playlist when I added new songs to the phone.
I guess there must be crash in the updating of the playlist database. Any method that I can use to determine how the crash happened and then I can try to fix it? (I rooted the phone )

Thanks. :eek:

First off...Gingerbread?! Really?! There are stable versions of Jelly Bean for your phone! Secondly, are you using the stock Samsung music player, or another app. But I would go into Settings / Application Manager and clear the data of your music app. Hopefully once you restart it, it will rebuild your playlists. That or your media scanner isn't working that well. Typically when you reboot, it should rescan the media on your phone and then it'd show up in the app.

Thirdly... Gingerbread?! lol Please, do yourself a favor and update! Not only will you have better performance (and likely battery life), but you will have access to more apps, lots of new features, as well as a more secure / safer system.

As far as telling what happened, you would have to get a logcat going when the issue happens (though I am not so sure there will be anything obvious for this sort of thing). Easiest way to do logcats are probably just on the phone with an app like alogcat.

Last edited:

Vaibhav Chauhan

Feb 17, 2014
Dahod, Gujarat
First off...Gingerbread?! Really?! There are stable versions of Jelly Bean for your phone! Secondly, are you using the stock Samsung music player, or another app. But I would go into Settings / Application Manager and clear the data of your music app. Hopefully once you restart it, it will rebuild your playlists. That or your media scanner isn't working that well. Typically when you reboot, it should rescan the media on your phone and then it'd show up in the app.

Thirdly... Gingerbread?! lol Please, do yourself a favor and update! Not only will you have better performance (and likely battery life), but you will have access to more apps, lots of new features, as well as a more secure / safer system.

As far as telling what happened, you would have to get a logcat going when the issue happens (though I am not so sure there will be anything obvious for this sort of thing). Easiest way to do logcats are probably just on the phone with an app like alogcat.

really strange..