[ROM][BASE] 5.07.651.6 Stock - Rooted - Latest Supersonic OTA

Search This thread

InSaNeO1488

Jul 17, 2012
Having a problem installing a2sd on 5.07.651.6 Stock Rooted - Deodexed

I downloaded the dark tremor a2sd script from xda, flashed in recovery, everything installs fine, then I goto to move the dalvik cache add the instructions say and in terminal outs saying my sd card isn't mounted, I try running "a2sd install" in terminal and I get the same issue, i have sd card partitioned to ext 4 here's what it says in terminal when I a2sd install

" $ su
# a2sd install
[ ] GREP: Using ROM Busybox.
[!] REBOOT: Using Darktremor Busybox.
[ ] FDISK: Using ROM Busybox.
[ ] CAT: Using ROM Busybox.
[ ] MKDIR: Using ROM Busybox.
[ ] RMDIR: Using ROM Busybox.
[ ] CHMOD: Using ROM Busybox.
[ ] MOUNT: Using ROM Busybox.
[ ] UMOUNT: Using ROM Busybox.
[ ] CP: Using ROM Busybox.
[ ] RM: Using ROM Busybox.
[ ] MV: Using ROM Busybox.
[ ] LN: Using ROM Busybox.
[ ] MORE: Using ROM Busybox.
[ ] MKNOD: Using ROM Busybox.
[ ] AWK: Using ROM Busybox.
[ ] SLEEP: Using ROM Busybox.
[ ] SYNC: Using ROM Busybox.
[ ] TEE: Using ROM Busybox.
__ _____
| \ |
| | |
|__/ | Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.3 Beta 4a (2011-01-30)

[-] Checkpoint 1: Check for SD Card Fix and Implement.
[-] Checkpoint 2: Run Dalvik Heap Program (if exists).
[-] Checkpoint 3: Run Set Low Memory Killer Program (if exists).
[-] Checkpoint 4: Determine Mount Point.
[-] Checkpoint 5: Set Parameter Variables.
[ ] GetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox getprop
[ ] SetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox setprop
[ ] Mount Point = /system/sd
[-] Checkpoint 6: Insert CyanogenMod patch.
[ ] Creating /cache/dc
[ ] Symlinking /cache/dalvik-cache to /data/dalvik-cache
[-] Checkpoint 7: Complete Dalvik Cache Move (if applicable).
[-] Checkpoint 8: Resetting Dalvik Cache Partition
[-] Checkpoint 9: Switching Davlik Cache to Cache Partition (if applicable)
[-] Checkpoint 10: Checking for existence of command parameter
[-] Checkpoint 11: Check for a2sd help command
[-] Checkpoint 12: Check for a2sd check command
[-] Checkpoint 13: Display version information.
[ ] Starting Darktremor Apps2SD Version 2.7.5.3 Beta 4a
[-] Checkpoint 14: Check for filesystem support.
[-] Checkpoint 15: Mount partition.
[-] Checkpoint 16: Reset Dalvik if Flag File is present.
[-] Checkpoint 17: Mount Swap.
[-] Checkpoint 18: Display Heap Size.
[ ] Heap Size set to: 32m
[-] Checkpoint 19: Check for start parameter and launch start2sd if needed.
[ ] Launching Apps2SD Start Program with install
[X] No a2sd.swap environment variable found.
[X] Problem detected: Darktremor Apps2SD may not have ran
during boot. Cannot read a2sd.mountpoint.
[ ] Starting Darktremor Apps2SD in install mode
[X] SD Card not mounted.
Cannot reinstall applications to SD card.
#"

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: lionlee

InSaNeO1488

Jul 17, 2012
Oh I see I have to get throwback style, but are they u updated to the most current ota base cause I only see the throwback style in the previous releases section

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Oh I see I have to get throwback style, but are they u updated to the most current ota base cause I only see the throwback style in the previous releases section

They aren't, but it was a minor update. I only put it up for others to use as a base. My EVO is now retired, so I'm not using any of these ROMs anymore. The only thing the new update really gave us was new firmware (radio/baseband), and perhaps some improved network connectivity. But since this device doesn't support all the new Network Vision upgrades and always had strong signal anyway, any improvement is likely minimal.

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
Indeed the captian is right, no big deal on the update, so don't go nuts just use a throwback style and reject any ota update messages you may get.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer

Alright, out of the kindness of my heart, I added DarkTremors a2sd support to the ramdisk of the 5.07.651.6 boot image. File is attached here. You can either fastboot flash the boot image in the file, or rename to just PC36IMG.zip and flash through HBOOT. I won't be explaining how to do that here; that explanation exists on the forum if you don't already know how.

Keep in mind that this is untested, since, as I've already stated, my EVO has been retired.

Attachments

• PC36IMG_5.07.651.6_boot.img_a2sd.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 96
Reactions: vinman12

InSaNeO1488

Jul 17, 2012
I downloaded the throwback 2.3 flashed tge a2sd script and in terminal emulator when I run a2sd install still says sd card not mounted

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
first thing I would do is start over at this point.

back up your sd card to your pc.
reboot into recovery.
do a nandroid.
partition sd card to 1024 swap size 0
upgrade to ext3 from ext2.
then while still in recovery mount phone as usb
transfer your backed up sd card from your pc to your phone.
now unmount from usb.
now either flash the throwback style rom or 5.07.651.1 rom.
if you flash the throwback rom your done the a2sd will have done its
thing during flash.
if you flased the 5.07.651.1 then download the file captian posted today
rename it like he says in the post and put it in the root of your sd card
by that I mean just put it on the sd card not in any folder reboot the phone
and when it asks to update use the volume buttons to select yes.
when phone is done booting relocate that img file now on your sd card to a
folder or just simply remove it.
now the rom should be good to go to install a2sd.

hope this helps.

sorry to jump in CTP just trying to help out when I can.
thanks for the update btw I will be sure to cook t hat in the base I used on my stock build.
and give proper credits.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 17-MAY-2013 - Just uploaded a deodexed copy of the latest OTA-based ROM. Other than being deodexed, it's identical to the Odex version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 18-FEBRUARY-2013 - After a long hiatus, HTC released an OTA which apparently updates some security. There was also a radio update (which you can get to by clicking the radio number in my sig). Right now I'm just posting the base as-is, with the only changes being root and busybox added. I didn't deodex the ROM or update any of the apps (which are COMPLETELY outdated). If I have time, I'll consider doing more, but I wanted to at least get the base out there for others to use. So, please do ;).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 11-AUGUST-2012 - Version 2.3 released! Mostly bugfixes. See Changelog and download links in Post #2!

UPDATE 29-JULY-2012 - Version 2.2 released! See Changelog and download links in Post #2!

UPDATE 27-JULY-2012 - Version 2.1 released! Only change from 2.01 is the addition of the percentage battery mod, as pictured here.

UPDATE 26-JULY-2012 - Version 2 released! Big Change Log can be found in Post #2. I will probably be doing another quick, minor update, because I forgot to update Busybox to the latest version. Expect that in a few minutes.
    UPDATE #2: DONE! Link in Post #2 updated to reflect latest version (2.01). If you already downloaded v2, you should still be fine.

UPDATE 23-JULY-2012 - Due to several requests, I have created a "more" stock version of ROM, with only the following modifications:

Rooted
    Busybox included
    Zipaligned APKs
    Wireless N enabled
    Odexed & Deodexed Versions

Download Links in Post #2.

UPDATE 30-MAY-2012 - Just extracted the Kernel from this OTA update. Links to Stock & Wireless N modded versions can be found in Post #2.

Original Post:

I downloaded and posted the OTA here, so I figured I'd try my hand at putting together a stock rooted version of it (since the initial unrooted version was giving my device problems).

So, this is my first thread here in EVO 4G Development (so go easy on me!!), and while it's not really development per se (it's not like I built any of this stuff), it is a ROM, and this is apparently where ROMs go :rolleyes:.

So, on to the goods:

Stock ROM (odex)
    Software Version: 5.07.651.1
    Busybox included
    Zipaligned
    a2sd enabled (if SD card is partitioned)
    Wireless N enabled
    Moved most Bloat & Play Store apps to /data for easy uninstallation (except Quick Search)
    Updated all Play Store apps to latest versions
    Removed Sprint NFL (no longer available from Sprint)
    Talk updated to version with working Video Chat
    Native Screenshot added in

Everything else is stock!

Download links in Post #2.

UPDATE 5/26/2012 - Sprint TV Widget removed (new app includes widget)

UPDATE 5/25/2012 - Wi-Fi & 4G connect issue fixed!

Other Changes:
    Updated Busybox to latest version (1.20.0)
    a2sd updated to latest version (phone will reboot twice after initial flash)

dsixda (for Android Kitchen)
    Stericson (for Busybox app)
    aamikam
    tommytomatoe
    ca1ne
    Rydah805 (for GTalk w/Video)

Some Screenshots:

attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    Bug Report

None as of 8/11/2012 build (v2.3)

Change Log

5/17/2013 - New Base
    • Uploaded Deodexed version of latest base (5.07.651.6) and mirrors

2/18/2013 - New Base
    • Base updated to 5.07.651.6 from latest OTA

8/11/2012 - Version 2.3
    • build.prop updated to reflect Wireless b/g/n (thanks to MACHETE! for pointing this out)
    • Extended Quick Settings updated to fix "Preparing SD Card" toast message (thanks to ca1ne, and MACHETE! for pointing out)
    • Fixed DT a2sd issue where A2SD GUI wasn't working properly (thanks to MACHETE! for ponting this out too)
    • DEODEXED ONLY - Added Zipalign APKs on boot by default and move Dalvik-Cache to SD by default (can be changed in Terminal or w/A2SD GUI)
    • ODEXED ONLY - Added Zipalign APKs on boot by default (can be changed in Terminal or w/A2SD GUI)

7/29/2012 - Version 2.2
    • Extended Quick Settings added! (thanks to ca1ne)
    • Circle Battery Mod now default!
    • Sprint VVM updated to latest version
    • Play Store updated to latest version (downloading over 4G now works again)
    • HTC Mobile Guide moved to /data (is now uninstallable)
    • Sprint Installer moved back to /system (Sprint apps should now update without errors)

7/27/2012 - Version 2.1
    • Percent Battery Mod added

7/26/2012 - Version 2.01
    • Busybox updated to 1.20.2

7/26/2012 - Version 2
    • Now Odexed AND Deodexed versions available!
    • Teeter moved to /data (is now uninstallable)
    • Play Store updated to version 3.7.13
    • All /data apps updated to latest Play Store versions
    • Removed Apple-patent "App Associations" and restored previous link-clicking ability (thanks to steal25 from the LTE forums for this)
    • Added Advanced Power Menu (thanks to ca1ne)
    • Added Hacked Hotspot (thanks to ca1ne)
    • Added Quick Settings (thanks to ca1ne) - version without Recent Apps included, as I find it redundant with long-press Home.
    • EPST downgraded to 2.1 version that allows PRL to be updated (using ##775# + your device's MSL code)
    • Superuser updated to version 3.1.3

7/23/2012 - "More" stock versions
    • Initial Release (don't expect any updates to these)

5/26/2012
    • Sprint TV Widget removed (new app includes widget)

5/25/2012
    • Wi-Fi & 4G connect issue fixed!
    • Updated Busybox to latest version (1.20.0)
    • a2sd updated to latest version (phone will reboot twice after initial flash)

5/24/2012
    • Initial Release

FAQ

Q: What is the Android version of this ROM?
    A: 2.3.5, same as the previous OTA.

Q: Was an updated radio included with this OTA?
    A: No - no firmware updates were included.

Q: Is the old EPST that allows PRL updates included?
    A: No it isn't. I considered adding it, but decided to keep all the apps up-to-date.
    UPDATE: As of v2, downgraded EPST is included!

Download Links

Current Release
    5.07.651.6 Stock Rooted - Odex | Mirror
    5.07.651.6 Stock Rooted - Deodexed | Mirror

Previous Releases
    5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.3 - Deodexed | Mirror
    5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.3 - Odexed | Mirror

5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.2 - Deodexed
    5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.2 - Odexed

5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.1 - Deodexed | Mirror
    5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.1 - Odexed | Mirror

5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.01 - Deodexed
    5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.01 - Odexed

5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted - Version 1 (Odexed Only)

"More" Stock Versions
    5.07.651.1 MORE Stock Rooted - Deodexed
    5.07.651.1 MORE Stock Rooted - Odexed

5.07.651.1 Stock Kernel

Mods (Version 2.x ONLY)

Stock Percentage Battery Mod (Deodexed Only)
    Circle Battery Mod | ODEXED | DEODEXED
    Updated Sprint VVM (version T.5.3.0.32) - Installable on all versions

UPDATE:

So, I re-did everything. I had a working OTA (both WiFi and 4G connected fine), and dumped the ROM from the device. I can only assume something is happening during the dumping process, as I still cannot get WiFi and 4G to connect, after rebuilding it from the dump.

I'm trying one last time right now to get everything working, but I'm not very optimistic at this point :rolleyes:.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help out if this last attempt fails.

EDIT: Just as I suspected, this last attempt has also failed. Maybe NinjaWolf can get us a working version. Otherwise, once the RUU leaks, it should be really easy to do. I'll do it then, unless someone beats me to it.

EDIT 2: FIXED IT!!!! The updater-script was missing some symlinks. It seems the newest version of Android Kitchen neglected to put some stuff in there :confused:. At any rate, I used one from a working ROM, and now Wi-Fi and 4G connect! Proof below:

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Uploading fixed version immediately! :D
    New versions are up! Get the quick scoop in the OP, and full change log in Post #2, along with the Download links.

Enjoy! :D

P.S. I did a complete re-org of the first two posts. Hopefully it'll be a little more organized now.

P.P.S. Updated download links (v2.01) now live. Busybox in ROM now updated to 1.20.2.
    hey, nice work. Ive been working on a personal rom for myself using this as a base, but after a few more tweaks Im thinking of posting it up here. Is it find to use your rom as a base? Ill post a link to here.
    It's absolutely fine to use this as a base - that's why I put it together and posted it here ;).

I only ask/hope that you would offer credit for the base in your thread. Besides that, please, share! That's what the community here is all about! :)