[ROM][JB] Team EOS 3 *JELLYBEAN* Nightlies - Grouper

Search This thread

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Hello,

Does anybody notice that every now and then, the launcher (JB stock) will do a refresh? I see it mostly if the tablet has been asleep for a while.

I don't notice this in my Galaxy Nexus EOS build, only on the N7.

Thanks.

it happens, the launcher is unlike any other third party app and is subject to being dropped from memory... then it needs to redraw when its called
( and yes I know its an app in the /system but its not classified in android system as a "must remain untouched" app like say the modem or better example would be the SystemUI

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

danlo

Feb 22, 2006
New York, NY
it happens, the launcher is unlike any other third party app and is subject to being dropped from memory... then it needs to redraw when its called
( and yes I know its an app in the /system but its not classified in android system as a "must remain untouched" app like say the modem or better example would be the SystemUI

It seemed to happen more often than my Galaxy Nexus EOS build, even though there is plenty of free memory. I tried the build.prop mod to lock homescreen into memory. We'll see if this helps.

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
It seemed to happen more often than my Galaxy Nexus EOS build, even though there is plenty of free memory. I tried the build.prop mod to lock homescreen into memory. We'll see if this helps.

I know it sounds weird but available memory has little to do with it. its just the way android's built in task manager works. as for the toro not doing it as often. its possible you just don't notice it as often...

Reactions: danlo

M3drvr

Jun 12, 2011
British Columbia
As per usual with goo servers can't download anything. Unfortunately as much as I love this rom, due to the fact that I can't Download updates is making me want to give up with this rom. I can't stand those servers anymore. Make a torrent or something for the file. Even when it does finally download it takes a half hour. This is pathetic. Horrible way to ruin an amazing rom.

Krunk_Kracker

Sep 13, 2009
Somewhere in Florida
As per usual with goo servers can't download anything. Unfortunately as much as I love this rom, due to the fact that I can't Download updates is making me want to give up with this rom. I can't stand those servers anymore. Make a torrent or something for the file. Even when it does finally download it takes a half hour. This is pathetic. Horrible way to ruin an amazing rom.

About two pages back is a mirror

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ivwonka

Sep 9, 2008
Kansas City
I love goo and goo manager. Almost always treats me right. Maybe if you donated to their servers they could eventually improve them.

nadaltennis77

Sep 4, 2010
I saw in the OP this rom is currently using the stock kernel. Is this the best one to use? Can any of the other ones like trinity be used with this rom?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

nadaltennis77

Sep 4, 2010
I've had great strides with trinity. I think he even modifies the colors to pop more because my screen looks great afterward.

As for the rom itself, I can't recommend it enough.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I've heard great things about Team Eos, specifically from a friend with the Motorola Xoom. I was close to flashing glazed v1.2 but the developer is on a needed and deserves break so I'm going to give this a go. Still on stock right now because I couldn't make a decision :(

got556

Sep 6, 2011
Chicago
I've heard great things about Team Eos, specifically from a friend with the Motorola Xoom. I was close to flashing glazed v1.2 but the developer is on a needed and deserves break so I'm going to give this a go. Still on stock right now because I couldn't make a decision :(

Check my sig...with Team EOS and Trinity you really can't go wrong.

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
Reactions: myepicyear

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team EOS​
    JB 4.1.1 Grouper​
    NIGHTLIES​

Continuing on from the success of the EOS ICS roms, we present to you EOS3, based on JELLYBEAN!

It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms. For the latest news on Team EOS releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #teameos.

--
    NOTE: Team EOS, it’s members, friends, dogs, cats, and associates are in no way responsible for any loss of data or device functionality. Use this at your own risk!
    --

A quick note on Nightlies: NIGHTLIES ARE DEVELOPMENT BUILDS. They are automatically generated every now and then, and represent the compilation of the latest commits to the code repository. While every effort is made ensure that the commits that are accepted are stable and do not have a negative impact to the overall performance and function of the builds it is not possible to test every aspect of a commits impact to the overall repo prior to it’s inclusion in a given build. As a result it is entirely possible that instabilities may be introduced as a result of a given days commits. That is the nature of the nightly system, and the risk that is taken using the latest code changes to the project.

EOS is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

Team EOS Nightly builds: http://goo-inside.me/devs/teameos/roms/eos3/nightlies/grouper/

G-Apps Package
    Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included in the base rom. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the base rom:

Temporary Gapps package gapps
    --
    Features:
    Because these are nightly builds the included features are constantly evolving, we do not provide a change log manually. Instead please see the changes on jenkins for your build.
    For the most up to date and comprehensive listing of the changes included in this rom please visit http://review.teameos.org

Kernel:
    Kernel Note: This rom is currently using the stock kernel, so you can find the sources from aosp.

--

Installation Notes:
    These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery.
    Perform a full wipe (read Factory Reset) prior to installing this over ANY ICS or JB based rom.

BUGS!
    If you find strange or otherwise unexplained errors please report them here: https://bugs.teameos.org/ Please include logcats and as thorough a description of the issue and what lead up to the issue as possible. With out this we will be unable to track down these errors.

Want to contribute to the Eos rom? Well you can!
    Just follow http://teameos.org/?page_id=6 to checkout our source code, and information on how to submit changes for review.

---

Enabling voice search in google now

1. Go into Settings
    2. Go to "Language & input"
    3. Scroll down to "Speech" and click on "Voice Search"
    4. Click on "Download offline speech recognition"
    5. Swipe Across to the "ALL" tab if needed
    6. Download your speech pack for your language
    Just a quick update. We've been taking a break while we wait for 4.2 source to drop. A much needed break I might add. I've taken the opportunity to learn A LOT of new things. So later I can apply these new skills to rich dynamic and stable new and innovative features. Thanks for rolling with Eos guys.
    I apologize foe the comment I am going to make with regard to your post.

I have been a big Fan of EOS since my Wingray days. I regret having sold it as I enjoyed every single N/L because it added functionality, power (by the way of the Tiamat Kernel) and ad the end.. value.

And I regret more the fact that I replaced it by a useless quad-core device that devs have overlooked at. This device is a Tegra. 3 similar to several you do work for but does not even have a custom kernel.. not even a custom rom.

With regard to the N7 you where one of the first to show up.. your work is great but honestly I can't figure it out what is in the pipeline other than implement features mentioned by you, similar to what PA already has.

I haven't even flashed 26 because I lost interest. I preferred to switch to the "other " because I know there is a pipeline of features without loss in. Stock functionality or stability ( as once was suggested in this thread) .

Just to mention .. with regard to the screen density I was told to go to the market and get. "One of several apps available ". Very disappointing comment that at the end you are backing up from.

Cheers

Sent using The Beast via Tapatalk 2

Hmmm. Where do I go with this... ok. We don't really try to "sell" the Eos project. This project is a manifestation of mine and solarnz's desire to build aosp as a hobby. On goomanager, we go back and forth with aokp as the top downloaded build. The reason is word spread by "mouth" that our builds are generally highly stable and fast as hell due to true linaro optimization as well as various other optimizations. Also, people tended to enjoy our builds for simple, unobtrusive features that people actually use. This is not a feature driven project. Features, in and of themselves, do not make a great build. This is a project built from scratch. Eos is not "based on" cm, aokp, or any other teams work but our own. We may bring in another teams work just as we know other teams use our work. For the most part, we build features for ourselves. If there's something I want, I write it. Coming from Xoomland, you also know we can be highly responsive to user needs as well. So your concern is what's in the pipeline. I don't know. Whatever crosses my mind as a cool idea. This is how its always been with us. There's no shortage of roms these days. Although they are almost all one flavor of cm or aokp. And that's just fine. If another build suits your needs, by all means good sir flash away. That's why you bought a nexus device in the first place. Don't I have the right to change my opinion on a matter based upon further reflection or understanding? Yes, there are plenty of apps that will fully and effectively change your system dpi for you. No, there are no apps that will do what the Paranoid team has accomplished. Therefore, it has attracted my attention. But why would I bloat our build with a feature that is available for free on the market? Especially since many users have no interest in such a feature. A rom feature should encompass functionality that a user app can not accomplish. Hope that brings clarification to my position.
    Can see. Oven at full speed.. Lots of devices to care for. Anxious to see how they bring in all their mods.

I am standing still on #37

Sent from The Beast via Tapatalk 2

Ya I'm working at full throttle. It's been an insane amount of work. Very soon now.
    Just to give you guys a tease of something I'm adding...

QhsY.png

wp1L.png

69iNy.png

This is WITHOUT any dpi hacks, and will be user selectable between the hybrid UI and the tablet UI.