[Q] Help ASAP! Might have bricked Galaxy S3

Search This thread

Zephos

Mar 1, 2014
Hey I'm pretty new to rooting, and I think I might have seriously f'd this one up.

I actually did the root just fine, no troubles with that. I just ran something called saferoot, verified the root and actually made a backup with Titanium (on my PC now). After that, I used an app EZ-Unlock which told me my bootloader was successfully unlocked.

Now comes the rough part. I got ROM Manager and used it to install ClockWork Mod. I hit "Make backup with CWM" it shut down my phone, and now I can't get it to boot at all.

I could really use some help ASAP here, I need the phone. Thanks guys

Zephos

Mar 1, 2014
It's on 4.3, I was hoping to flash a 4.4 CyanogenMod onto it.

Thanks for the quick answer, fastest on last three forums

Anything? Sorry for nagging I just really want this back

Last edited:

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013

If u were on stock 4.3ota u cant flash a custom recovery. Does ur fone turn on or any type of indication? .. On top theres two stickies. One is for ur situation. Brick after rooting a 4.3ota

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk

Zephos

Mar 1, 2014
If u were on stock 4.3ota u cant flash a custom recovery. Does ur fone turn on or any type of indication? .. On top theres two stickies. One is for ur situation. Brick after rooting a 4.3ota

****. Well no there's no light up at all. There was until I tried to unlock the bootloader.

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2581166

U cant flash a custom rom. (cm aokp aosp etc) u can flash a tw rom

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

****. Well no there's no light up at all. There was until I tried to unlock the bootloader.

On 4.3ota u CANT unlock ur bootloader

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

Also no custom recovery.

Zephos

Mar 1, 2014
Thanks for pointing me to that awesome sticky, hoping that solves my problem. fortunately I have a microSD -> SD adapter here.

Pisses me off that I can't do this, I hate 4.3 already and this makes it worse.

Someone wanted me to help with an S2 root, their TouchWiz got corrupted. I think 4.1.2, that's fine right?

samsgun357

May 3, 2012
Thanks for pointing me to that awesome sticky, hoping that solves my problem. fortunately I have a microSD -> SD adapter here.

Pisses me off that I can't do this, I hate 4.3 already and this makes it worse.

Someone wanted me to help with an S2 root, their TouchWiz got corrupted. I think 4.1.2, that's fine right?

Yeah the s2 should be fine....should be but read up. The Verizon s3, specifically the 4.3 ota is the problem. They locked it down real good. Anything before the 4.3 ota would've been fine. Sorry

Watch, as I combine all the juice from my mind...

Zephos

Mar 1, 2014
Thanks man. I found an explanation of how to do it online so I thought it was gonna work, but I guess not everyone can be trusted. Read through a tutorial on the cyanogen mod wiki for the S2, seems like it'll be fine.

That debrick fix isn't working...I have a year insurance on this, am I better off throwing this at the wall? Getting a replacement without them knowing it was being changed?

Last edited: